A 1,000-foot-thick ice block the size of Delaware is snapping off of Antarctica

If only we allowed MORE government control, lead by a very small cabal of criminal elites, of every aspect of our lives, this horrendous, awful, and unimaginable TRAGEDY...would have been avoided.

If only ALL people would listen to the high priests and priestesses of the Church of Warmers....oh the humanity.....

Al Gore my beloved God....please SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only fools like you had been able to get the education we all needed you to get.
so enlighten the class. What will happen when it breaks off? No sea level rise, so what else is the fear here. Please, please, enlighten us.
Sorry for the typo. Please read my post above again and let me know your wonderful thoughts.

You clearly are indoctrinated. How do you like it?

Wishing to live in a first world civilization = indoctrinated. Throwing out 9,000 years of civilization as you wish for everyone to do is somehow what we should do within your world.

Why wear anything?
Why have laws?
Why get a education?

You can climb around in trees all day long or find a nice cave...You can spear a dog or cat for your meal.

Gipper considers anyone with more than a seventh grade education an elite.

There are a number of cracks in various ice shelves that we were not seeing before this century. As that ice moves out, other ice moves downslope to take the place of the ice that has moved. And that increases sea level. From the geological record, often in a time that is measured in fractions of a decade. Remember, even a meter of sea level rise will wreak havoc with our port cities.

Big Brother LOVES dupes like you two...look on the bright side, your mommies may not have loved up, but Big Brother does.
All of which means what? Other than you cannot conduct an intelligent debate.

If only we allowed MORE government control, lead by a very small cabal of criminal elites, of every aspect of our lives, this horrendous, awful, and unimaginable TRAGEDY...would have been avoided.

If only ALL people would listen to the high priests and priestesses of the Church of Warmers....oh the humanity.....

Al Gore my beloved God....please SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only fools like you had been able to get the education we all needed you to get.
so enlighten the class. What will happen when it breaks off? No sea level rise, so what else is the fear here. Please, please, enlighten us.
Sorry for the typo. Please read my post above again and let me know your wonderful thoughts.

did you mean that post for Me?

Wishing to live in a first world civilization = indoctrinated. Throwing out 9,000 years of civilization as you wish for everyone to do is somehow what we should do within your world.

Why wear anything?
Why have laws?
Why get a education?

You can climb around in trees all day long or find a nice cave...You can spear a dog or cat for your meal.
what is it you're trying to point out here? Are you saying that there is evidence that shows the actions of CO2? if it is, feel free to post that up. five years in here and zippola on that evidence thingy. So just remember, the fake news is done as of Jan 20, you lost. So, smile and enjoy the ride to sensibility and jobs.

Maybe it will hit California, and California will capsize.

There are a number of cracks in various ice shelves that we were not seeing before this century. As that ice moves out, other ice moves downslope to take the place of the ice that has moved. And that increases sea level. From the geological record, often in a time that is measured in fractions of a decade. Remember, even a meter of sea level rise will wreak havoc with our port cities.

So now you want to stop the expansion of glaciers?...because to stop it, that is precisely what you would have to do.

A chunk of ice nearly twice the size of Rhode Island state is cracking off of an Antarctic glacier, and the rift between it and the southern continent is growing longer and wider every day.

The 2,300-square-mile ice block is part of the Larsen C Ice Shelf, which is the leading edge of one of the world's largest glacier systems.

It's called an ice shelf because it's floating on the ocean. It's normal for ice shelves to calve big icebergs, since snow accumulation gradually pushes old glacier ice out to sea.

But this 1,000-foot-thick piece of floating ice is colossal, and it's quickly fracturing off of Antarctica's prominent peninsula, likely due to rapid human-caused global warming.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5848792eba6eb606688b7051-2267/undefined

wow, utterly shockin

Redistribution of wealth will prevent future tragedies such as the OP

This century meaning since 2001?

Sorry...my mistake.

A chunk of ice nearly twice the size of Rhode Island state is cracking off of an Antarctic glacier, and the rift between it and the southern continent is growing longer and wider every day.

The 2,300-square-mile ice block is part of the Larsen C Ice Shelf, which is the leading edge of one of the world's largest glacier systems.

It's called an ice shelf because it's floating on the ocean. It's normal for ice shelves to calve big icebergs, since snow accumulation gradually pushes old glacier ice out to sea.

But this 1,000-foot-thick piece of floating ice is colossal, and it's quickly fracturing off of Antarctica's prominent peninsula, likely due to rapid human-caused global warming.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5848792eba6eb606688b7051-2267/undefined

wow, utterly shockin

This is a business opportunity.

Get a couple hundred tugs, and tow it into the Persian Gulf, and the Saudis will pay a bazzillion dollars for the fresh water.

The point about it is not that it will raise the sea level, as it won't, but that it's been acting as a stop for land ice, which will raise the sea level when it enters the sea.
It's an ice shelf. Where did you think it was, on land?

Why do stupid people post?

Before the invention of the internal Combustion engine, glaciers never even melted!!! er, or something...

glacial_maximum_map2.jpg

Sorry...my mistake.
ok, I was confused. And I don't need to be any further confused. the exchange with the looneytoons in here is enough on its own.

wow, utterly shockin

What is really shocking is this has happened before millions of times as we go through our glacial and inter-glacial cycles. Antarctica has gained 10 feet of ice in the last 5 years and grew to 300% of ice coverage of the ocean. Volcanoes under this area have erupted and now have massive flows of hot water under it. To not expect calving of ice shelves would be scientific malpractice.

Now where do you think those large icebergs came from that sank ships during the early 1900's in both hemispheres?

I shake my head at the pure ignorance and fear-mongering the left is doing and the people who will not inform themselves about the natural cycles of the earth...

So now you want to stop the expansion of glaciers?...because to stop it, that is precisely what you would have to do.

Depriving us of our wealth and ability to sustain ourselves is the answer to stopping this .... /Sarc

Every Left wing nut-bag has this same answer for cooling or warming. I've seen both in my life time..

Forum List

Back