98% of Catholics use artificial birth control

Certainly most Catholics use contraceptives--however it is not up to the Federal Government to force their church to do something that the church feels is morally WRONG. This is a constitutional issue regarding religious freedom of the church.

If the Federal Government can force the Catholic church to provide something that they feel is morally wrong--then it won't be long until they can FORCE you to take something or do something that you personally feel is morally wrong. IOW--there is no limit to what they can force you to do. Obama is walking all over the U.S. Constitution in this matter.

Certainly most Catholics use contraceptives--however it is not up to the Federal Government to force their church to do something that the church feels is morally WRONG. This is a constitutional issue regarding religious freedom of the church.

If the Federal Government can force the Catholic church to provide something that they feel is morally wrong--then it won't be long until they can FORCE you to take something or do something that you personally feel is morally wrong. IOW--there is no limit to what they can force you to do. Obama is walking all over the U.S. Constitution in this matter.

Exactly. This issue is not about the parishioners.

If they choose personally to go against their faith it's between them, the Church and their God.

And if those parishioners have a beef with the Church of Rome, well they have the option to switch to another religion.

This issue is strictly about the U.S. Government stomping all over the First Amendment.

The Catholic Church is more interested in preventing contraception than preventing pedophillia.

I agree.

The president does not get to dictate to Catholics what sections of their Catechism they should ignore.

Whatever happened to Separation of Church and State?

What would happen if the government decided that religion should be made available to all citizens and that everyone must donate to a religion? (You would not have to join a religion, but you would be required to support it for those that want it.)

Let's not forget that the First Amendment works both ways - it also protects the churches from the government.

Yes. How is it that the guvmint has enough people to go around and force Catholic women to use birth control?

Why does the Catholic church not ex-communicate any woman known to be using birth control?

And lets face it. If this provision goes into effect, the Catholic's will then know exactly who obtains birth control. (within their social services operation)

Then they could work tirelessly to get these women out of the church.

They shouldn't be allowed in the doors if they have the scent of birth control on their breaths.

What is wrong with the Catholic church. Why can't they clean house of all these hypocritical Catholics that agree that the church does not want them to use birth control, but they do anyway.

Those women have got to go. Fire em.

And it is great that the priests didn't have to practice birth control. They just liked to hit on the boys.

The Catholic church is the second biggest farce ever uploaded to mankind and the article is bullshit.
Come to south America and take a look at "birth control".

DUUUHH I suspected something had changed when we stopped seeing 8-12 kids in Catholic families. The bottom line is that women...not Catholics or Baptists are the ones who will determine this issue and most of us are smart enough to know how that will go. Women grew tired of old white men telling them what to do a long time ago. I think most of them are smart enough to see that the decision is for their interests...not against them.

HOrseshit.

By that logic, you could dispense with all laws.

"My Dog should have the right to shit on the sidewalk. It's in my religion. Don't try to impose your atheistic curbing laws on me, buster!"

The rule specifically exempts people who work for the church. It only applies to the Church's money-making operations (charities, hospitals, TV Networks, Schools, wineries. YOu know, all the things Churches should be doing.) where not all the employees are Catholic and where religion isn't the focus of the operation.

Fact is, 30% of kids who attend Catholic Schools aren't Catholic, while Catholic kids are kept out because they don't have enough money. It isn't about the religion, it's about the money.

And when it becomes about the money, you can't plead religious grounds anymore.

POLITICO Breaking News
-------------------------------------------------
The White House plans to announce a compromise on its new rule requiring employers to provide contraceptives as part of health insurance coverage, aimed at allaying the concerns of religious organizations, a senior administration official confirmed to POLITICO. The announcement is expected as early as Friday.

Sorry. No link. Yet.

POLITICO Breaking News
-------------------------------------------------
The White House plans to announce a compromise on its new rule requiring employers to provide contraceptives as part of health insurance coverage, aimed at allaying the concerns of religious organizations, a senior administration official confirmed to POLITICO. The announcement is expected as early as Friday.

Sorry. No link. Yet.

I would hate to think they will knuckle under on this one, but let's not forget, this is Obama, who knuckles under about as often as France.

HOrseshit.

By that logic, you could dispense with all laws.

"My Dog should have the right to shit on the sidewalk. It's in my religion. Don't try to impose your atheistic curbing laws on me, buster!"

The rule specifically exempts people who work for the church. It only applies to the Church's money-making operations (charities, hospitals, TV Networks, Schools, wineries. YOu know, all the things Churches should be doing.) where not all the employees are Catholic and where religion isn't the focus of the operation.

Fact is, 30% of kids who attend Catholic Schools aren't Catholic, while Catholic kids are kept out because they don't have enough money. It isn't about the religion, it's about the money.

And when it becomes about the money, you can't plead religious grounds anymore.

I agree with you except not all Catholic schools operate only on the $$$.
We know many that do not and have relatives in them now.

If the Church feels it is "morally wrong" to hire black people, why not allow the church to be exempt from equal rights laws? What if the church feels it is "morally wrong" to let 5 year olds go to waste without working their 12 hrs a day? Should we believe that the 1st amendment somehow exempts the church from child labor laws?

Of course the 1st amendment doesn't cover these things. So there's no reason to try to posit this as such an issue. We already understand that the 1st amendment doesn't cover any and all actions and behaviors. The church is free to teach whatever doctrine it wants. It is free to teach its followers that birth control is a sin. But that does not exempt the church from having basic obligations in its employer-employee relations.

If the Federal Government can force the Catholic church to provide something that they feel is morally wrong--then it won't be long until they can FORCE you to take something or do something that you personally feel is morally wrong. IOW--there is no limit to what they can force you to do.

This argument is completely without logical merit. Continuum fallacies are not with standing.

Obama is walking all over the U.S. Constitution in this matter.

No, he's not. The constitution does not protect an employer from requirements that health coverage include things that the employer may not want the employee to choose.

This whole thread could have been lifted entirely from Democratic Underground. It is just that off course.

If the Church feels it is "morally wrong" to hire black people, why not allow the church to be exempt from equal rights laws? What if the church feels it is "morally wrong" to let 5 year olds go to waste without working their 12 hrs a day? Should we believe that the 1st amendment somehow exempts the church from child labor laws?

Of course the 1st amendment doesn't cover these things. So there's no reason to try to posit this as such an issue. We already understand that the 1st amendment doesn't cover any and all actions and behaviors. The church is free to teach whatever doctrine it wants. It is free to teach its followers that birth control is a sin. But that does not exempt the church from having basic obligations in its employer-employee relations.

If the Federal Government can force the Catholic church to provide something that they feel is morally wrong--then it won't be long until they can FORCE you to take something or do something that you personally feel is morally wrong. IOW--there is no limit to what they can force you to do.

This argument is completely without logical merit. Continuum fallacies are not with standing.

Obama is walking all over the U.S. Constitution in this matter.

No, he's not. The constitution does not protect an employer from requirements that health coverage include things that the employer may not want the employee to choose.

This argument is completely without logical merit

There is this thing we call freedom. his argument has more merit then your personal credibility. It is the same argument as forcing someone to carry insurance because it might cost you something. If the government can do that they can make you buy anything.

Pull your damn head out. They have just taken away due process with NDAA pull your head out of your ass.

No it's not. But I suspect that you're using SAT words that you don't actually understand.

There is this thing we call freedom. his argument has more merit then your personal credibility. It is the same argument as forcing someone to carry insurance because it might cost you something. If the government can do that they can make you buy anything.

Don't get me wrong, I remain opposed to the Health Care law just as much as I ever was. But all you're doing by bringing that up is side stepping this issue. It's interesting that you would start off by challenging the logical validity of my argument, and immediately slip into a non sequitor and continuum fallacy argument.

Pull your damn head out. They have just taken away due process with NDAA pull your head out of your ass.

No they haven't. But I suspect that you are again using SAT words that you shouldn't be bothering with.

No it's not. But I suspect that you're using SAT words that you don't actually understand.

Don't get me wrong, I remain opposed to the Health Care law just as much as I ever was. But all you're doing by bringing that up is side stepping this issue. It's interesting that you would start off by challenging the logical validity of my argument, and immediately slip into a non sequitor and continuum fallacy argument.

No they haven't. But I suspect that you are again using SAT words that you shouldn't be bothering with.

I suspect you are full of shit and dont want anyone remembering what the liar you were just a few days ago.

When you find your big boy pants. we can discuss how full of shit you are.

What Obama has consciously and deliberately set up is a confrontation of the State with The Church, irregardless of whether 100 per cent of Catholics violate their own Church's teaching or 100 per cent of Catholics adhere firmly to the teachings.
Mr Obama has been described as "Arrogant, dismissive, out of control and spoiling for a fight." There have been two Governments over the past century reknowned for their perp walking of the priests, Nazi Germany who had planned for no room in their future Reich for Rabbis or Priests and the atheistic Soviet Union. And when our very own aspiring Joseph Stalin decides its time for him to start his very own perp walking of the bishops and other clerics here at home in the United States, we know what he has on his mind eventually for the rest of us. The Devil has stripped off His mask and revealed His true face and unless you were asleep in history class the last century, or simply weren't taught history at all, you are fully aware that it will be far easier to vote this Monster, this Beast, this Abomination out of office come November than it will be after re electing him. Especially in lieu of his plans for internet ID cards for everyone and 40,000 predator drones stationed on the soil of the United States ready to deal with anyone who utters a discouraging word against him, their all controlling ruler.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back