91 Percent Drop in Muslim Refugees under Trump

If you're suggesting a causal link, then you're also suggesting Rump was bullshitting when he took an oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, the First Amendment of which bars religious discrimination.

Not that that should be news to anybody.
Prove people are being rejected for religion.

I don't know that that's the case but the OP says they are. That's why I made my point contingent on his. If he wants to prove it, I'm Ross Perot.

when christians [sic] were getting overlooked under obama [sic].

OK two questions.

(1) What the hell are you talking about, and

(2) Does your keyboard not have a "shift" key?
does your keyboard have a comma key?

Then why do some states NEED immigrants to fill jobs?
And why did Paul Ryan tell Americans to get out there and multiply--America needs workers?

America being overpopulated is a RW myth.

There are other countries where overpopulation is not a myth. Provide education and birth control.

The U.S. fertility rate just hit a historic low. Why some demographers are freaking out.

Last edited:
If you're suggesting a causal link, then you're also suggesting Rump was bullshitting when he took an oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, the First Amendment of which bars religious discrimination.

I don't know that that's the case but the OP says they are. That's why I made my point contingent on his. If he wants to prove it, I'm Ross Perot.

OK two questions.

It do, and it occasionally works. But I reserve the right to sub an em dash or a semicolon.

So what are you --- Gertrude Stein?

And why did Paul Ryan tell Americans to get out there and multiply--America needs workers?

Really? Pale Ryan, Sex Machine?

I'm having a challenging time picturing that.
Yup.

OK two questions.

It do, and it occasionally works. But I reserve the right to sub an em dash or a semicolon.

see post # 29--you were the grammar nazi--yet you forgot a comma

OK two questions.

Post 29 quotes my first post in this thread ---- which did not "forget" a comma. It doesn't need any more than it has.

I've posted nothing about "grammar" anyway.. Nor, for that matter, about punctuation.
Btw "Nazi" is a proper name and as such gets capitalized.

The constitution applies to those who are in the United States under the jurisdiction of the United States. It does not apply to those not under the jurisdiction of the United States that in in other countries (or at least it should not).

/——/ The Constitution applies to American citizens not to refugeees in another country you idiot.

Wrong. The Constitution applies to the government.
/---/ Correct. I should have said the Constitution protects American citizens not foreign nationals outside the border.

It doesn't directly "protect" anybody except by restricting what the government can do. And one of those restrictions is religious discrimination.

Suppose some wackball painted himself orange and called for "the complete and total shutdown of Jews entering the United States" Or "the complete and total shutdown of Lutherans entering the United States" Take that thought wherever it goes and we'll see you on the other side.
/----/ I agree with your comment on the Constitution but when did Obama paint himself orange?
The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria ...
The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria
Sep 9, 2016 - The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria--will strike many readers as ridiculous.But the number… ... The solution would be to allow Christians, and other religious minorities, to apply directly for refugee status--not through the UN. Senator Tom Cotton has ...

for low paying jobs--and so they can lower wages--more workers = low wages higher prices
to keep low paying jobs at low wages
Not entirely, harmonica.

for low paying jobs--and so they can lower wages--more workers = low wages higher prices
Not entirely, harmonica.
sure -I see a bunch of doctors and engineers that are recent immigrants--that still will bring wages lower with more workers

OK two questions.

Post 29 quotes my first post in this thread ---- which did not "forget" a comma. It doesn't need any more than it has.

I've posted nothing about "grammar" anyway.. Nor, for that matter, about punctuation.
Harmonica wants a comma between preserve and protect, which is right enough. Give the kid his gold star, Pogo.

Not entirely, harmonica.
sure -I see a bunch of doctors and engineers that are recent immigrants--that still will bring wages lower with more workers
Where I live we need folks to help out with a very busy summer season--not only harvest but tourists up the wazoo. The economy is good enough that a majority of folks have found steady, year-round jobs and are not available for a May-October gig in a low paid service industry job. Last year, with visa #'s cut, some seasonal businesses literally could not open; they could not find enough workers. It isn't only that, though. We apparently have more jobs than qualified people to fill them. We are one of the few states that is actually losing population. So immigrants are given the royal welcome. I can't imagine Maine is the only state with some of those issues.

It's less about the religion and more about their ignorance, violence and generally poor hygiene. Stinky beheader's don't make good neighbors.

The OP named a religion though.

So did Rump.
So? Their religion sucks too.

Another example of the stupidity of allowing Muslim assholes into the country.

German jails are at maximum capacity nationwide: report

German jails are at maximum capacity nationwide: report

Prisons across all German states are seriously overcrowded, according to a media report. In some states, attacks on prison guards have also increased.
According to a report published by Funke Media Group newspapers on Wednesday, there is a growing shortage of space in Germany's prisons, with jails in most states having already reached full capacity.

A survey conducted by the Funke Media Group with the Ministries of Justice across all federal states showed a utilization rate in prisons as high as 100 percent, as was the case in Baden-Württemberg.

In other states like Bavaria, Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg and Rhineland-Palatinate, capacity utilization in jails averaged well over 90 percent for 2017.

According to prison experts cited in the report, "full occupancy" is defined as the point when a jail's occupancy rate is at 85 to 90 percent. This puts most German jails in 2017 at or over full capacity.

In addition to a growing space problem within Germany's jails, several states have also reported an increase in the number of attacks on prison personnel.

In North Rhine-Westphalia, for example, the number of assaults more than doubled from 34 to 72 between 2016 and 2017. In Bavaria, however, the number has dropped from 65 to 50.

According to the media report, prisoners identifying as Islamists are of particular concern to the prison system.

Ministry officials reported that the number of "Islamist prisoners" in Hesse, for example, has more than tripled since 2013.

The chairman of the German Federation of Prison Employees, René Müller, told the Funke newspapers that the prison system in Germany is currently completely overloaded.

Not entirely, harmonica.
Where I live we need folks to help out with a very busy summer season--not only harvest but tourists up the wazoo. The economy is good enough that a majority of folks have found steady, year-round jobs and are not available for a May-October gig in a low paid service industry job. Last year, with visa #'s cut, some seasonal businesses literally could not open; they could not find enough workers. It isn't only that, though. We apparently have more jobs than qualified people to fill them. We are one of the few states that is actually losing population. So immigrants are given the royal welcome. I can't imagine Maine is the only state with some of those issues.

Yep, the Boise unemployment rate is 2.8% and statewide Idaho is 2.9. BOTH are considered full employment.

Guess who wants to dig them potatoes early fall in eastern Idaho for 7 bucks an hour?

Not Idahoans!

https://idahobusinessreview.com/201...sing-immigrant-workers-under-trump-crackdown/

Not entirely, harmonica.

Immigrants and refugee are two different things. President "I shot the Sheriff, WTF are you gonna do about" Trumph, can only use his EO authority against the refugees, not immigrants. The next president can just as easily reverse the EO.

POTUS doing work

another example of common sense policies that make America safer

especially considering that London has caught up with NYC for violent crime for the 1st time in modern history...

quote:
During the campaign, Trump referred to Muslim refugees as a “Trojan horse” that could bring down the United States from the inside. Not surprisingly then, Muslim refugees have seen their numbers slashed most dramatically. From October 2015 through December 2016 (“FY 2016”), monthly arrivals of Muslim refugees averaged 3,076 (Figure 1). From January 2017 through October 2017 (“FY 2017”), they fell to 951 per month. During the first six months of FY 2018, they have fallen to just 275 per month-91 percent below their rate in FY 2016. Sunni Muslims have seen their numbers cut by 98 percent and Shi’ite Muslims by 86 percent.

U.S. Approves Far Fewer Muslim Refugees, Immigrants, & Travelers

How much safer is the USA?

Not entirely, harmonica.

Yep, the Boise unemployment rate is 2.8% and statewide Idaho is 2.9. BOTH are considered full employment.

Guess who wants to dig them potatoes early fall in eastern Idaho for 7 bucks an hour?

Not Idahoans!

https://idahobusinessreview.com/201...sing-immigrant-workers-under-trump-crackdown/
They do it with a harvester...

The constitution applies to those who are in the United States under the jurisdiction of the United States. It does not apply to those not under the jurisdiction of the United States that in in other countries (or at least it should not).

/——/ The Constitution applies to American citizens not to refugeees in another country you idiot.

Wrong. The Constitution applies to the government.
/---/ Correct. I should have said the Constitution protects American citizens not foreign nationals outside the border.

It doesn't directly "protect" anybody except by restricting what the government can do. And one of those restrictions is religious discrimination.

Suppose some wackball painted himself orange and called for "the complete and total shutdown of Jews entering the United States" Or "the complete and total shutdown of Lutherans entering the United States" Take that thought wherever it goes and we'll see you on the other side.
/----/ I agree with your comment on the Constitution but when did Obama paint himself orange?
The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria ...
The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria
Sep 9, 2016 - The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria--will strike many readers as ridiculous.But the number… ... The solution would be to allow Christians, and other religious minorities, to apply directly for refugee status--not through the UN. Senator Tom Cotton has ...

That may have been what TNHarley referred to a ways back... :dunno:

But it's kind of moot --- US law doesn't screen on a religious basis (which is why Rump's clumsy attempt to do so got struck down). And I well remember that from the post where I corrected the so-called "CNS News" website and in response they not only deleted my correction but then banned me from the site so that I could make no further corrections.

In fact I screenshotted it.

5050-1500043064-47dc456b793780a948e54b29b26bdfcc.jpg

Not entirely, harmonica.

Not Idahoans!

Farmers fear losing immigrant workers under Trump crackdown
exactly what I'm saying!! .the illegals/immigrants keep the wages low
and don't tell me there are no Americans willing to dig potatoes --bullshit

OK two questions.

Harmonica wants a comma between preserve and protect, which is right enough. Give the kid his gold star, Pogo.

That would be optional. And it's an extra keystroke. :eusa_snooty:
Who knows what he means, until he explains. He thinks orthography is 'grammar'.

Forum List

Back