91 Percent Drop in Muslim Refugees under Trump

for low paying jobs--and so they can lower wages--more workers = low wages higher prices
to keep low paying jobs at low wages
Not entirely, harmonica.
sure -I see a bunch of doctors and engineers that are recent immigrants--that still will bring wages lower with more workers
Where I live we need folks to help out with a very busy summer season--not only harvest but tourists up the wazoo. The economy is good enough that a majority of folks have found steady, year-round jobs and are not available for a May-October gig in a low paid service industry job. Last year, with visa #'s cut, some seasonal businesses literally could not open; they could not find enough workers. It isn't only that, though. We apparently have more jobs than qualified people to fill them. We are one of the few states that is actually losing population. So immigrants are given the royal welcome. I can't imagine Maine is the only state with some of those issues.

Yep, the Boise unemployment rate is 2.8% and statewide Idaho is 2.9. BOTH are considered full employment.

Guess who wants to dig them potatoes early fall in eastern Idaho for 7 bucks an hour?

Not Idahoans!

Farmers fear losing immigrant workers under Trump crackdown
exactly what I'm saying!! .the illegals/immigrants keep the wages low
and don't tell me there are no Americans willing to dig potatoes --bullshit
I will if they legalize marijuana...

for low paying jobs--and so they can lower wages--more workers = low wages higher prices
to keep low paying jobs at low wages
Not entirely, harmonica.
sure -I see a bunch of doctors and engineers that are recent immigrants--that still will bring wages lower with more workers
Where I live we need folks to help out with a very busy summer season--not only harvest but tourists up the wazoo. The economy is good enough that a majority of folks have found steady, year-round jobs and are not available for a May-October gig in a low paid service industry job. Last year, with visa #'s cut, some seasonal businesses literally could not open; they could not find enough workers. It isn't only that, though. We apparently have more jobs than qualified people to fill them. We are one of the few states that is actually losing population. So immigrants are given the royal welcome. I can't imagine Maine is the only state with some of those issues.

Yep, the Boise unemployment rate is 2.8% and statewide Idaho is 2.9. BOTH are considered full employment.

Guess who wants to dig them potatoes early fall in eastern Idaho for 7 bucks an hour?

Not Idahoans!

I see - so when Idaho's unemployment rate is 2.9% (I believe currently THE lowest in country) ...

There are berzillions of ready and willing unemployed US citizens to do it for cheap?

Bullshit

Not entirely, harmonica.

Not Idahoans!

I see - so when Idaho's unemployment rate is 2.9% (I believe currently THE lowest in country) ...

There are berzillions of ready and willing unemployed to do it for cheap?

Bullshit
hahahah--you don't get it
no --not for cheap--wages are low ..raise the wages and they will

Not Idahoans!

Bullshit

With our 2.9% unemployment?

R-I-G-H-T :rolleyes-41:

Then why do some states NEED immigrants to fill jobs?
And why did Paul Ryan tell Americans to get out there and multiply--America needs workers?

In my opinion, no state NEEDS immigrants to fill jobs, and why ask me to account for anything Paul Ryan says? I don't even like the guy, much less agree with him.

Then why do some states NEED immigrants to fill jobs?
And why did Paul Ryan tell Americans to get out there and multiply--America needs workers?

In my opinion, no state NEEDS immigrants to fill jobs, and why ask me to account for anything Paul Ryan says? I don't even like the guy, much less agree with him.

You're full of crap - We are currently filling neither top tier engineering, computer, science and medical positions, nor the low income farmworker positions.

Not Idahoans!

Bullshit

Idaho is 39th in population of states
and not too many cities like LA, NYC, Chicago, etc
so it's not a good comparison of the other states
Boise is the biggest city with a whopping 205,000
next is Nampa--who has ever heard of Nampa?--80,000
no wonder they have low unemployment!

Not Idahoans!

Bullshit

We are also the fastest growing metro area in the country. Metro Boise is 3/4 of a million and includes Ada and Canyon counties.
Our newest growth segment is high tech .. but what does the population of a state have to do with unemployment rates?
I can think of a whole bunch of low population states with high unemployment (AK at less than half our population is 7.3% for instance), but you'd probably not be interested.

Lose your fidget spinner didya? :)

Bullshit

We are also the fastest growing metro area in the country. Metro Boise is 3/4 of a million and includes Ada and Canyon counties.
Our newest growth segment is high tech .. but what does the population of a state have to do with unemployment rates?
I can think of a whole bunch of low population states with high unemployment (AK at 7.3% for instance), but you'd probably not be interested.

please list those states

Bullshit

I can think of a whole bunch of low population states with high unemployment (AK at 7.3% for instance), but you'd probably not be interested.

and it is 39th out of 50---just about bottom 5th

Bullshit

Your point Zippy?

greetibkg.gif

Your point Zippy?

greetibkg.gif
not too hard to have unemployment when there is not much of a population
this is just mathematically obvious
you need more jobs for MORE people --big duh!

does your keyboard have a comma key?

It do, and it occasionally works. But I reserve the right to sub an em dash or a semicolon.

So what are you --- Gertrude Stein?
see post # 29--you were the grammar nazi--yet you forgot a comma

Post 29 quotes my first post in this thread ---- which did not "forget" a comma. It doesn't need any more than it has.

I've posted nothing about "grammar" anyway.. Nor, for that matter, about punctuation.
Btw "Nazi" is a proper name and as such gets capitalized.
Harmonica wants a comma between preserve and protect, which is right enough. Give the kid his gold star, Pogo.

That would be optional. And it's an extra keystroke. :eusa_snooty:
Who knows what he means, until he explains. He thinks orthography is 'grammar'.
Why would you consider it "optional?" I frequently laze through posts myself, but when listing more than two whatevers without a conjunction, it requires a comma to separate them and you know it.
I can't help wanting to give him a pat on the head; it's the damned teacher in me.

Your point Zippy?

greetibkg.gif
You're not listening; you're not even trying to listen. You're just blurting out the right wing talking points without making sense.
I never had any big issues with the Right, but I swear to God you guys are leaving reality so far behind that it's beginning to scare me. You can't make good policy with both eyes shut.

Your point Zippy?

greetibkg.gif

Your point is absolutely MEANINGLESS. I just told you that AK has a 7.3% unemployment rate and among THE lowest in population in the US.

So your contention is that if there are fewer people there is less unemployment?

Good God man grow a BRAIN

The unemployment rate in Wyoming is 4.2%
The unemployment rate in Montana is 4.5%
The unemployment rate in Delaware is 4.6%

Statewide population and unemployment rates are ENTIRELY unrelated.

In view of the fact that almost all the 9/11 bombers were Saudi Arabian Muslims, I wonder why the bigots on this board have no problem with Saudi's being here.....

Can't say I'm too broken up about it. Islam is one of the most reprehensible ideologies on planet Earth.

Forum List

Back