800 Rounds A Second! Two Supreme Court Justices Say So - Where Can We Get One.

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
It was an embarrassing day for Jackson and Kagan.

Naturally, the MSM won't harp on it if they even mention this. But here we are with 2 SCOTUS Justices embarrassing themselves and the Court. They should have no say in this decision after this.

... Ketanji Brown Jackson and Elena Kagan, who repeatedly insisted bump stock-equipped guns can fire up to 800 rounds a second. They, along with the government’s legal team, repeated the lie that semiautomatic rifles with modifiers could fire hundreds of shots (in Kagan’s words, “a torrent of bullets”) each moment. Cargill lawyer Johnathan Mitchell corrected them multiple times.

“Why would even a person with arthritis think they needed to shoot 400 to seven or 800 rounds of ammunition under any circumstance if you don’t let a person without arthritis do that?” Kagan asked.

“They don’t shoot 400 to 700 rounds because the magazine only goes up to 50,” Mitchell explained, noting “rapid fire is not the test under the statute.” “So you’re still going to have to change the magazine after every round.”

Mitchell also repeatedly called out Jackson’s false assertion that firing a gun with a bump stock only requires one trigger movement.

“It’s factually incorrect to say that a function to the trigger automatically starts some chain reaction that propels multiple bullets from the gun. A function of the trigger fires one shot, then the shooter must take additional manual action,” Mitchell said.

Since, in Mitchell’s words, “the bump stock is neither necessary nor sufficient for the firing of the weapon,” the federal government’s attempt to outlaw bump stocks based on a provision about “the single function of the trigger” does not apply. Kagan later admitted “I don’t know about these things” but claimed that “textualism is not inconsistent with common sense.”

Meh. Belt loop works just as good in a pinch.

But yeah. These people are clearly morons. But they're weasels, too. Which is worse than being a moron.
My son was quite a fan of belt fed weapons like the 25mm chain link weapon he used during the Bosnia conflict. For me I am more antiquated with a 2-1/2 barrel S&W model 66, 38 caliber revolver. Pretty calm/peaceful out here on the plateau so don't see a need to update to a more $pendy auto type weapon.

Anyone who has a basic understanding of firearms knows putting a bump stock on an AR basically turns it into a nuclear weapon. They are so deadly and destructive our own military doesn’t even use them. They don’t make a safe tough enough to contain them overwhelming firepower a bumb stock gives you. As long as someone else is supplying the ammunition I’ll waste it for them

The judges ---all of 'em ---may lack knowledge of the nomenclature and manufacturer's specs on firearms. Not too dissimilar to lack of familiarity with chemistry or medical procedure or pharmaceuticals or computer-code or robotics or any of the myriad of technical detail that comes attached to a whole variety of cases that come before them.

One or two or more of the justices not knowing how many separate rounds a firearm can spit out doesn't seem to me.....and I have a passing knowledge of some guns ..... to be a disqualifier.

On the other hand, I WOULD expect the attorneys who argue cases before the court SHOULD be steeped in the minutiae surrounding weapon capacity and the accompanying nomenclature.

Which, with that said, I was surprised to read this from one of the attorneys advocating for bump-stocks

“They don’t shoot 400 to 700 rounds because the magazine only goes up to 50,” ......“So you’re still going to have to change the magazine after every round.”

????????

These justices have clerks and researchers who are paid to inform the justices of the relevant facts. The fact that they did not even trouble themselves to understand the purpose and function of the device in question is equivalent to judicial malpractice. 120 seconds of research would have been sufficient. Intellectually lazy. They have no business on the USSC.

Naturally, the MSM won't harp on it if they even mention this. But here we are with 2 SCOTUS Justices embarrassing themselves and the Court. They should have no say in this decision after this.

... Ketanji Brown Jackson and Elena Kagan, who repeatedly insisted bump stock-equipped guns can fire up to 800 rounds a second. They, along with the government’s legal team, repeated the lie that semiautomatic rifles with modifiers could fire hundreds of shots (in Kagan’s words, “a torrent of bullets”) each moment. Cargill lawyer Johnathan Mitchell corrected them multiple times.
“Why would even a person with arthritis think they needed to shoot 400 to seven or 800 rounds of ammunition under any circumstance if you don’t let a person without arthritis do that?” Kagan asked.
“They don’t shoot 400 to 700 rounds because the magazine only goes up to 50,” Mitchell explained, noting “rapid fire is not the test under the statute.” “So you’re still going to have to change the magazine after every round.”
Mitchell also repeatedly called out Jackson’s false assertion that firing a gun with a bump stock only requires one trigger movement.
“It’s factually incorrect to say that a function to the trigger automatically starts some chain reaction that propels multiple bullets from the gun. A function of the trigger fires one shot, then the shooter must take additional manual action,” Mitchell said.
Since, in Mitchell’s words, “the bump stock is neither necessary nor sufficient for the firing of the weapon,” the federal government’s attempt to outlaw bump stocks based on a provision about “the single function of the trigger” does not apply. Kagan later admitted “I don’t know about these things” but claimed that “textualism is not inconsistent with common sense.”

I had a bump stock before a previous President banned it with the swipe of his pen and turned me into a felon overnight. I think I was lucky to get around 5 rounds a second. All said ... they're little more than a toy and a waste of ammo but I enjoyed playing around with it. No matter what, though, they should be 100% legal for any law-abiding gun owner. "Shall not infringe" means what it says.

Impressive! Even the Vulcan minigun can only do 100 rounds per second...:auiqs.jpg:

IN my long life of SCOTUS watching these are two of the stupidest ever :Ketanji Brown Jackson and Elena Kagan
And as for dishonest, never forget Sotomayor's

Justice Sotomayor Falsely Claims 100,000 Children in ‘Serious Condition’ from Covid​

She should be in jail for that ...on that day : The current number of confirmed pediatric hospitalizations with Covid in the U.S. is 3,342, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services

I've watched SCOTUS off and on my whole adult life, actually was reading decisions when a lot younger, found them interesting.
Kagan and Brown are dullards among dullards. Little depth, drenched in ideology and rather perverted in their first instincts.

So let's say it fires 8,000 rounds per second.

So what? If you have a society where we have banned criminals, dopeheads and crazy people, the people use who guns to hurt others, then it would be perfectly legal to own a gun that fires that fast because everyone that owns guns is a druggie, a criminal or a nutball.

We should be more concerned about the groups of people who use guns to hurts others than about how fast a gun shoots

Anyone who has a basic understanding of firearms knows putting a bump stock on an AR basically turns it into a nuclear weapon. They are so deadly and destructive our own military doesn’t even use them. They don’t make a safe tough enough to contain them overwhelming firepower a bumb stock gives you. As long as someone else is supplying the ammunition I’ll waste it for them

Even before adding the bump stock, you have to remember that a single round from the AR into the abdomen will rip the body in half. A single shot to the neck or head will completely decapitate the "victim". That is from a Marine colonel consultant to the State of California on the record for the Court in the 9th Circuit so we know it must be true.

Forum List

Back