80% magic in Wisconsin

Its always funny how to conservatives reality is a sack of whale shit

you wouldn't know reality if it boned you up the ass.

Teacher Salaries By State | Average Salaries For Teachers | Beginning Salaries For Teachers | Teacher Raises | TeacherPortal.com

Wisconsin is 31st in average teacher salary, at $46,390.

If you want to compare teachers to teachers, that's valid and you need to show a source for that comparison.

If you want to compare teachers to computer techs or nurses, that's a bogus comparison.

You FAIL, as always Star.

You do realize that my study also compared public teachers to professors at private universities.
Furthermore as I stated teachers compared to private sector counterparts are compensated less. So plz explain why you think teachers should be paid less then people with the same skills, experience and number of years in school.
So you failing to read think or know facts does not mean I fail it just means you are to stupid to know what fails

Why would you compare public teachers to professors at ANY universities? It's comparable to comparing high school football coaches to college coaches.

As for what people should be paid? I'm sorry but teaching has it's own set of job skills...skills that separate the profession from others. If you're an accountant then you've studied a completely different subject matter than you have if you're a teacher. If you're an engineer you've studied another subject matter. Just because you've gone to school for four years does not mean that you deserve to make the same amount of money as everyone else who's gone to school for four years. I knew very well both going into college and coming out that I would not make as much money as a teacher as I would in many other professions. It's not like I was tricked by someone into thinking that I was going to make six figures and get stock options.

1) A nurse doesn't got to school as long as a teacher. So you telling us that going to school for 2 years means you should be paid as much as those going to school for s tears is just you being a retard.
2) The study compares hourly compensation. So your claim has no basis in reality

So did you want to show me a study about what public school teachers in Wisconsin make in total compensation...say compared to a private school teacher? That's actually a viable comparison instead of the apples to oranges comparison that your cited study uses.

You judge the value of a position (and thus the appropriate salary) by how much education it took to get?

Yes I judge the value of a position and the salary on how much education that position requires.

How Does Teacher Pay Compare? Methodological Challenges and Answers | Economic Policy Institute
^Teachers are compensated 12% less than other professionals with equal comparable schooling/skills.

So come back later when you are not ignorant.

Speaking of ignorance? First of all you've cited a report from an organization that gets 29% of it's funding from unions.
Source that number. Also source where getting money from unions means that a study you pay for is invalid/not accurate.
Also plz source how using union money to compared compensation means using thsie comparisions is some how false
Gee, wonder if THAT influences their findings! Secondly the report you've cited isn't about teachers in Wisconsin...it's about teachers in the US which means teachers from areas that pay much less than Wisconsin are included.
Teachers in Wisconsin make around the average that teachers int he US make . But I do not expect you to know anything
I'm also amused by the comparisons to "other professionals", Star...which include accountants and medical personnel. I'm amused because I came out of college with a teaching degree and the understanding that what I made in wages was NOT going to be comparable to many other professions but that the wage disadvantage was balanced out by the additional time off that I would be receiving and job security. Last time I checked, your average nurse or accountant did not get 12 weeks off every year...something which TOTALLY skews the findings of your study.
1) A nurse doesn't got to school as long as a teacher. So you telling us that going to school for 2 years means you should be paid as much as those going to school for s tears is just you being a retard.
2) The study compares hourly compensation. So your claim has no basis in reality

So did you want to show me a study about what public school teachers in Wisconsin make in total compensation...say compared to a private school teacher? That's actually a viable comparison instead of the apples to oranges comparison that your cited study uses.
[/QUOTE]

I hate to burst your bubble, Star but you can teach in most States without any degree at all for a limited amount of time. That isn't the case with RN's...thank god!

"A nurse doesn't got to school as long as a teacher."? I'm not sure who YOUR teachers were, little buddy...but you might want to go back and ask them why they let you out without teaching you basic English grammar?

Watching the news, this is what they said:

Seems like 80% is important in Wisconsin. Seems nearly 80% of of the money spent in Wisconsin this year was spent by Republicans who are fighting to keep Scott Walker.

Seems 80% of Scott Walker's money comes from "out-of-state".

So, right wingers, what is it about Scott Walker that makes you want to keep him? What has he done for Wisconsin that was so good for the state?

Read the rw comments they're for sale. Cheap. And, the Kochs know it.

you wouldn't know reality if it boned you up the ass.

Teacher Salaries By State | Average Salaries For Teachers | Beginning Salaries For Teachers | Teacher Raises | TeacherPortal.com

Wisconsin is 31st in average teacher salary, at $46,390.

If you want to compare teachers to teachers, that's valid and you need to show a source for that comparison.

If you want to compare teachers to computer techs or nurses, that's a bogus comparison.

You FAIL, as always Star.

You do realize that my study also compared public teachers to professors at private universities.
Furthermore as I stated teachers compared to private sector counterparts are compensated less. So plz explain why you think teachers should be paid less then people with the same skills, experience and number of years in school.
So you failing to read think or know facts does not mean I fail it just means you are to stupid to know what fails

Why would you compare public teachers to professors at ANY universities? It's comparable to comparing high school football coaches to college coaches.
So why is comparing people who teach students with other people who teach students invalid?

As for what people should be paid? I'm sorry but teaching has it's own set of job skills...skills that separate the profession from others.
Yes teaching does have its own set of job skills; but excelling at all moderately hard jobs require some of the same skills, such as determination, problem solving, patience etc etc etc
If you're an accountant then you've studied a completely different subject matter than you have if you're a teacher.
Not if you are a teacher teaching mathematics or tax laws.

If you're an engineer you've studied another subject matter.
Not if you are teaching mathematics, or physics

Just because you've gone to school for four years does not mean that you deserve to make the same amount of money as everyone else who's gone to school for four years.
No but if you go to school for 4 years, work as much and are as innovative then you do deserve the same amount of pay as everyone else

You judge the value of a position (and thus the appropriate salary) by how much education it took to get?

Yes I judge the value of a position and the salary on how much education that position requires.

So you think that a person with a Doctorate in say Romance Languages should be paid more than an engineer with a bachelor's degree who comes up with brilliant solutions to complex problems JUST because they went to school for another six years or so?

When I did teach we all were working on our Masters not because we wanted to become better teachers...the truth of the matter was we were working on them because you got a hefty raise with that piece of paper in hand. Did it make you a better teacher? I guess it may have but to be honest with you I think I learned more about teaching from actually DOING the job and watching others doing the job than I ever did from going back to school.

So why is comparing people who teach students with other people who teach students invalid?

Yes teaching does have its own set of job skills; but excelling at all moderately hard jobs require some of the same skills, such as determination, problem solving, patience etc etc etc

Just because you've gone to school for four years does not mean that you deserve to make the same amount of money as everyone else who's gone to school for four years.
No but if you go to school for 4 years, work as much and are as innovative then you do deserve the same amount of pay as everyone else

Let's see...a high school football coach teaches football to his team just as a college coach does. But one usually makes a few thousand dollars extra for doing so while the other can make millions. You can't compare high school with college. It's a silly thing to do. I'm guessing that you yourself have never attended college, Star or you wouldn't have this strange idea that all degrees are equal and should be compensated in the same way. It's NOT the way it works out in the real world. I don't care how great of a teacher you are...you're not going to make the same kind of money that an innovative engineer is going to make.

Is anything you post actually true? Teachers in private schools get paid less than public school teachers, not more.

Spin.jpg

Oh wow after allt he data showed that Wisconsin was the only state to lose jobs in the past 6 months the Walker administration puts out a report that the state actually created jobs and the right wing i claims that the truht is what Walker says not what the actuall data says.
How brainwashed are you people?

So who's to say that the data Governor Walker's administration put out isn't accurate?

I'll bet your brain is squeaky clean...

What I find amusing is how progressives point to a slowdown in job creation in Wisconsin as the fault of Scott Walker when it's more than likely that it's their own attempts to oust Walker that have made employers hesitate before moving operations to the State. As long as there's a chance that the same idiots who ran up that 3 billion dollar deficit might get put back in power...why WOULD businesses invest?

I'd like to predict right now that if Walker DOES prevail in the recall vote that Wisconsin sees a spike in job creation and if he loses that jobs will go elsewhere.

Bump

A little reality check:

Partial Truth: “We wiped out a $3.6 billion deficit.” — Walker in a campaign ad.
What’s Left Out: That’s true if you use the cash accounting method. However, using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accrual accounting methods, there is a $3 billion deficit in Wisconsin’s budget in each of the next two years. While it’s perfectly legitimate for Walker to cite the cash accounting figure, that may confuse some folks who may remember that Walker used the GAAP figures to argue for cuts in state health programs.

Partial Truth: Walker says he balanced the budget “without raising taxes.” — Walker in a campaign ad.
What’s Left Out: Walker did reduce taxes overall, but his budget included reductions to two tax credits. Walker does not consider those tax increases, but the state’s nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau does.

FactCheck.org : The Whole Truth in Wisconsin Air Wars

As usual, the right wing noise machine and those who gleefully swallow their mantras have a serious myopia regarding ALL pertinent information.

Oh wow after allt he data showed that Wisconsin was the only state to lose jobs in the past 6 months the Walker administration puts out a report that the state actually created jobs and the right wing i claims that the truht is what Walker says not what the actuall data says.

So who's to say that the data Governor Walker's administration put out isn't accurate?

I see so Walker saying the state created joibs despite all the data saying ti lost jobs means my brain is squeaky

What I find amusing is how progressives point to a slowdown in job creation in Wisconsin as the fault of Scott Walker when it's more than likely that it's their own attempts to oust Walker that have made employers hesitate before moving operations to the State. As long as there's a chance that the same idiots who ran up that 3 billion dollar deficit might get put back in power...why WOULD businesses invest?

I'd like to predict right now that if Walker DOES prevail in the recall vote that Wisconsin sees a spike in job creation and if he loses that jobs will go elsewhere.
Yes walker being ahead in all polls means employers refuse to create jobs in Wisconsin because they are afraid he will lose
Futhermore as posted Wisconsin still has a 3billion dollar deficit

I see so Walker saying the state created joibs despite all the data saying ti lost jobs means my brain is squeaky

The data says the state created jobs. How is the data that you want to listen to more accurate than the real data, which shows job gains?

The data says the state created jobs. How is the data that you want to listen to more accurate than the real data, which shows job gains?

No Walker says the data says it create jobs the data actualy says it lost jobs. But I guess its because Walker is God or sometihng

No Walker says the data says it create jobs the data actualy says it lost jobs. But I guess its because Walker is God or sometihng

Hmmm, the data shows an increase of about 23,000 jobs. What does your data show?

Forum List

Back