80% magic in Wisconsin

State Finances in the Black with Increased Revenue Projections

MacIver News Service | May 10, 2012

[Madison, Wisc...] Wisconsin's Department of Administration revenue projections show the state is expected to finish the two-year budget cycle in the black and, for the first time in a decade, the state will have enough of a surplus to transfer money into the rainy day fund in consecutive years.

"This is great news for Wisconsin taxpayers. When we balanced the state budget and erased a $3.6 billion deficit, our goal was to return financial stability to the state," said State Representative Robin Vos, the Assembly Co-Chair of the Joint Committee on Finance. "This is a great example of how honest budgeting pays off."

The Department of Administration expects the state's revenue forecast to improve by more than $265 million.

"When we started, the Democrats left us with a $3.6 billion deficit and jobs were fleeing the state," said State Senator Alberta Darling, the Senate Co-Chair of the JFC. "Instead of kicking the can down the road, Governor Walker and Republicans rolled up our sleeves, passed real reforms, and cut taxes. Our state is seeing the benefits of those reforms. Our budget is in the black."

State Finances in the Black with Increased Revenue Projections | MacIver Institute

Scott Walker signs burned in Wisconsin

By MACKENZIE WEINGER | 5/15/12

Things are heating up in Wisconsin, as campaign signs for Gov. Scott Walker reportedly have been burned in two towns.

At least eight signs for the Republican governor, who faces a recall election on June 8 against Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, were set on fire in Fox Point and Oak Creek, according to WTMJ-TV and WTMJ-AM.

“I feel angry,” Oak Creek resident Gerry Willie, whose “Stand with Walker” sign was destroyed, told Newsradio 620. “I feel it’s just another indication of the bullying going on in this state for a year.”

Jamie Schumaker, of Fox Point, said his Walker sign was reduced to ashes the day after he put it up.

“You’d like to disagree agreeably and not have to resort to something like this,” Schumaker told TMJ4.

Read more: Scott Walker signs burned in Wisconsin - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

Watching the news, this is what they said:

Seems like 80% is important in Wisconsin. Seems nearly 80% of of the money spent in Wisconsin this year was spent by Republicans who are fighting to keep Scott Walker.

Seems 80% of Scott Walker's money comes from "out-of-state".

So, right wingers, what is it about Scott Walker that makes you want to keep him? What has he done for Wisconsin that was so good for the state?

Well, the schools were able to hire more teachers and the state had a surplus instead of debit for a change. Having public union employees contribute a bit to their own retirement and benefits, like the rest of us do, was good for the state. How can those teachers claim they want what is best for the children when taking extra cushy benefits, at cost to tax payers, meant fewer teachers, less money on actual needs for students and a state in debt?

Many support Walker because he had the courage to stand up to unions and expect the public union members to pay their fair share.

Teachers are compensated 12% less then private sector counter parts
What amazes me is that republicans think teachers should be paid less but that CEO's need to be paid more.

You are so full of it. Show me where teachers in Wisconsin make 12% less than private sector counterparts. I believe that the average salary for a teacher in Wisconsin is just above $50,000 per year with another $25,000 dollars in benefits. Keep in mind that this is for a job that has an average of 12 weeks off each year.

You keep citing numbers that are pure fiction. Wisconsin teachers are not underpaid.

Well, the schools were able to hire more teachers and the state had a surplus instead of debit for a change. Having public union employees contribute a bit to their own retirement and benefits, like the rest of us do, was good for the state. How can those teachers claim they want what is best for the children when taking extra cushy benefits, at cost to tax payers, meant fewer teachers, less money on actual needs for students and a state in debt?

Many support Walker because he had the courage to stand up to unions and expect the public union members to pay their fair share.

What amazes me is that republicans think teachers should be paid less but that CEO's need to be paid more.

You are so full of it. Show me where teachers in Wisconsin make 12% less than private sector counterparts. I believe that the average salary for a teacher in Wisconsin is just above $50,000 per year with another $25,000 dollars in benefits. Keep in mind that this is for a job that has an average of 12 weeks off each year.

You keep citing numbers that are pure fiction. Wisconsin teachers are not underpaid.

Teachers are required to have an education. And they must "refresh" that education. Most right wingers don't and haven't.

Seems like 80% is important in Wisconsin. Seems nearly 80% of of the money spent in Wisconsin this year was spent by Republicans who are fighting to keep Scott Walker.

So, right wingers, what is it about Scott Walker that makes you want to keep him? What has he done for Wisconsin that was so good for the state?

"Seems".....Not based in fact though. It just "Seems"...Please.
Walker's accomplishments. Hmm..Beat back the horribly expensive public worker unions which were about to bankrupt the taxpayers.
Dramatically reduced state budget deficits which were about to bankrupt the state government.
You lefty loons cannot stand fiscal responsibility. Especially when it cuts funding and budgets for your pet programs and anyone that belongs to a labor union.

Oh Barrett's getting into deeper and deeper doo doo in the "Great Wisconsin Redo".

Walker speeds release of positive jobs data - JSOnline

I'd speed this data out the door too. Pullquotes with highlights by me.

State officials said they show a gain of 23,321 jobs (public and private) between December 2010 and December 2011, which represents Gov. Scott Walker's first full year in office.

But in this case, one set of well-publicized numbers (from the Current Employment Survey of businesses) put Wisconsin at the very bottom of 50 states in job creation during Walker's first year. These figures were based on a sample of 3.5% of the state's employers and are subject to significant revisions.
The other numbers, from the Quarterly Census, tell a more positive story, one the Walker administration is in a hurry to get out. They are based on a jobs count, not a survey. Each state gathers the quarterly census data from virtually all employers in both the public and private sectors, which are mandated to share staff and wage data as part of their tax and unemployment insurance reports. That makes it a more reliable source of employment data, state officials and many economists say.

A little reality check:

Partial Truth: “We wiped out a $3.6 billion deficit.” — Walker in a campaign ad.
What’s Left Out: That’s true if you use the cash accounting method. However, using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accrual accounting methods, there is a $3 billion deficit in Wisconsin’s budget in each of the next two years. While it’s perfectly legitimate for Walker to cite the cash accounting figure, that may confuse some folks who may remember that Walker used the GAAP figures to argue for cuts in state health programs.

Partial Truth: Walker says he balanced the budget “without raising taxes.” — Walker in a campaign ad.
What’s Left Out: Walker did reduce taxes overall, but his budget included reductions to two tax credits. Walker does not consider those tax increases, but the state’s nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau does.

FactCheck.org : The Whole Truth in Wisconsin Air Wars

As usual, the right wing noise machine and those who gleefully swallow their mantras have a serious myopia regarding ALL pertinent information.

I sent him some cash...and I might send him more...
He's trying to turn that state around for the better.
He's hated by Ed Schultz....maybe when the recall is over and Walker stays on as Gov.
I will get to see Schultz spitting up blood on his TV show...
And You don't seem to like Walker so I must have made the right choice in sending some money the the Gov. :badgrin:

link to your proof, you lying sack of whale shit.

I think TM has competition for liar of the board... or a sock.

How Does Teacher Pay Compare? Methodological Challenges and Answers | Economic Policy Institute
^Teachers are compensated 12% less than other professionals with equal comparable schooling/skills.

So come back later when you are not ignorant.

Its always funny how to conservatives reality is a sack of whale shit

Oh Barrett's getting into deeper and deeper doo doo in the "Great Wisconsin Redo".

Walker speeds release of positive jobs data - JSOnline

I'd speed this data out the door too. Pullquotes with highlights by me.

State officials said they show a gain of 23,321 jobs (public and private) between December 2010 and December 2011, which represents Gov. Scott Walker's first full year in office.

But in this case, one set of well-publicized numbers (from the Current Employment Survey of businesses) put Wisconsin at the very bottom of 50 states in job creation during Walker's first year. These figures were based on a sample of 3.5% of the state's employers and are subject to significant revisions.
The other numbers, from the Quarterly Census, tell a more positive story, one the Walker administration is in a hurry to get out. They are based on a jobs count, not a survey. Each state gathers the quarterly census data from virtually all employers in both the public and private sectors, which are mandated to share staff and wage data as part of their tax and unemployment insurance reports. That makes it a more reliable source of employment data, state officials and many economists say.

Oh wow after allt he data showed that Wisconsin was the only state to lose jobs in the past 6 months the Walker administration puts out a report that the state actually created jobs and the right wing i claims that the truht is what Walker says not what the actuall data says.
How brainwashed are you people?

How Does Teacher Pay Compare? Methodological Challenges and Answers | Economic Policy Institute
^Teachers are compensated 12% less than other professionals with equal comparable schooling/skills.

Speaking of ignorance? First of all you've cited a report from an organization that gets 29% of it's funding from unions. Gee, wonder if THAT influences their findings! Secondly the report you've cited isn't about teachers in Wisconsin...it's about teachers in the US which means teachers from areas that pay much less than Wisconsin are included. I'm also amused by the comparisons to "other professionals", Star...which include accountants and medical personnel. I'm amused because I came out of college with a teaching degree and the understanding that what I made in wages was NOT going to be comparable to many other professions but that the wage disadvantage was balanced out by the additional time off that I would be receiving and job security. Last time I checked, your average nurse or accountant did not get 12 weeks off every year...something which TOTALLY skews the findings of your study.

So did you want to show me a study about what public school teachers in Wisconsin make in total compensation...say compared to a private school teacher? That's actually a viable comparison instead of the apples to oranges comparison that your cited study uses.

Walker will walk away with it and I can't wait to see it happen. You went too far libs and now you must pay. You went too far on a national level too! and will pay there as well. Remember democrats, you have Nancy and Harry to thank for your assured destruction.

you wouldn't know reality if it boned you up the ass.

Teacher Salaries By State | Average Salaries For Teachers | Beginning Salaries For Teachers | Teacher Raises | TeacherPortal.com

Wisconsin is 31st in average teacher salary, at $46,390.

If you want to compare teachers to teachers, that's valid and you need to show a source for that comparison.

If you want to compare teachers to computer techs or nurses, that's a bogus comparison.

You FAIL, as always Star.

you wouldn't know reality if it boned you up the ass.

Teacher Salaries By State | Average Salaries For Teachers | Beginning Salaries For Teachers | Teacher Raises | TeacherPortal.com

Wisconsin is 31st in average teacher salary, at $46,390.

If you want to compare teachers to teachers, that's valid and you need to show a source for that comparison.

If you want to compare teachers to computer techs or nurses, that's a bogus comparison.

You FAIL, as always Star.

You do realize that my study also compared public teachers to professors at private universities.
Furthermore as I stated teachers compared to private sector counterparts are compensated less. So plz explain why you think teachers should be paid less then people with the same skills, experience and number of years in school.
So you failing to read think or know facts does not mean I fail it just means you are to stupid to know what fails

Speaking of ignorance? First of all you've cited a report from an organization that gets 29% of it's funding from unions.
Source that number. Also source where getting money from unions means that a study you pay for is invalid/not accurate.
Also plz source how using union money to compared compensation means using thsie comparisions is some how false
Gee, wonder if THAT influences their findings! Secondly the report you've cited isn't about teachers in Wisconsin...it's about teachers in the US which means teachers from areas that pay much less than Wisconsin are included.
Teachers in Wisconsin make around the average that teachers int he US make . But I do not expect you to know anything
I'm also amused by the comparisons to "other professionals", Star...which include accountants and medical personnel. I'm amused because I came out of college with a teaching degree and the understanding that what I made in wages was NOT going to be comparable to many other professions but that the wage disadvantage was balanced out by the additional time off that I would be receiving and job security. Last time I checked, your average nurse or accountant did not get 12 weeks off every year...something which TOTALLY skews the findings of your study.
1) A nurse doesn't got to school as long as a teacher. So you telling us that going to school for 2 years means you should be paid as much as those going to school for s tears is just you being a retard.
2) The study compares hourly compensation. So your claim has no basis in reality

So did you want to show me a study about what public school teachers in Wisconsin make in total compensation...say compared to a private school teacher? That's actually a viable comparison instead of the apples to oranges comparison that your cited study uses.[/QUOTE]

1) A nurse doesn't got to school as long as a teacher. So you telling us that going to school for 2 years means you should be paid as much as those going to school for s tears is just you being a retard.
2) The study compares hourly compensation. So your claim has no basis in reality

So did you want to show me a study about what public school teachers in Wisconsin make in total compensation...say compared to a private school teacher? That's actually a viable comparison instead of the apples to oranges comparison that your cited study uses.

You judge the value of a position (and thus the appropriate salary) by how much education it took to get?

Forum List

Back