8 threatening volcanoes in California has USGS on close alert & Quake Swarm 1500 earthquakes reshape

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
With the world’s top volcanologists heading to Portland, Ore., on Aug. 14 for the first international volcanology assembly held in the U.S. since 1989, the many famous, prominent and dangerous volcanoes of the West Coast will be the subject of field trips and much discussion. Throughout the Cascade Range to southern California, the West Coast is home to most of the country’s highest-threat volcanoes, as ranked by the United State Geological Survey. And California has its share.

8 Threatening Volcanoes in California Has USGS On Close Alert

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As small earthquakes continue to rumble around the Yellowstone supervolcano in Wyoming, scientists have revealed new evidence of the changes going on beneath the ground. A new map from the US Geological Survey shows how the ground around the Yellowstone caldera has deformed over the span of two years, as the quakes release uplift-causing pressure, allowing the ground to sink back down. This activity is typically linked to changes in magma and gases deep below the surface – but for now, the experts say there’s no cause for worry.
Quake Swarm of 1500 Earthquakes Reshapes Ground Around Yellowstone Super-Volcano
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh don't worry it is such a natural occurrence they're just writing about it for the hell of it nothing to see here folks move along and climb back into that box.

Where's Woody Harrelson when ya need him?

11016285.jpg

Long Valley, Mt Shasta, Mt St Helen's, among others are now at yellow.... And we are in the middle of a massive quake swarm at Yellowstone...

Yep, tectonic stress is very high...

• Banned
Long Valley, Mt Shasta, Mt St Helen's, among others are now at yellow.... And we are in the middle of a massive quake swarm at Yellowstone...

Pretty lame how many just think lalalal, while the USGS is putting caution out there, and when it blows whenever that is if in our lifetime the same idiots will want to sue them for not saying anything. lol

And if mother Nature burps......................what the hell can they do about it............Nothing................

Ignorance is bliss.....................Pardon me while don't hang out waiting to kiss my ass goodbye.

Pretty lame how many just think lalalal, while the USGS is putting caution out there, and when it blows whenever that is if in our lifetime the same idiots will want to sue them for not saying anything. lol
Sooooooo, what do you suggest we do about it? Send Spock in to neutralize the volcanoes?

Sooooooo, what do you suggest we do about it? Send Spock in to neutralize the volcanoes?

Hmmm let me get back to you on that LOL.......................

To be serious though if any of those volcanoes are tied into the Yellowstone caldera it would probably be best if at least one of them popped it's cork relieving pressure in the caldera.

But Republicans don't believe in science. I'm surprised they would even bother to read such stuff.. It's all fake, right?

Oh and by the way Yellowstone experiences up to 3000 quakes a year, in 2010 the largest swarm ever recorded was 2300 and there is always uplift and subsidence. I'm not that worried about it besides if it does blow what are ya gonna do? Me? Normally I'd stick my head between my knees and kiss my ass goodbye but at my age that's become an impossibility so I'll need some help..... I'm thinking some young hot blond or redhead.......... Might as well toss in a brunette while I'm at it.

e860b347bbb895e0c1ab861c58dad3c5.jpg

As I understand it we only really need to be worried if Yellowstone starts rising; that's the pressure building up that leads to a pop (eruption). If the caldera is receding that actually means the magma is leaving the chamber and pressure is dropping within the magma chamber.

I'd say this is good news as I recall the workings of such things, but I'll try to remember to ask my geologist buddy and make sure I've got my shit straight heh

With the world’s top volcanologists heading to Portland, Ore., on Aug. 14 for the first international volcanology assembly held in the U.S. since 1989, the many famous, prominent and dangerous volcanoes of the West Coast will be the subject of field trips and much discussion. Throughout the Cascade Range to southern California, the West Coast is home to most of the country’s highest-threat volcanoes, as ranked by the United State Geological Survey. And California has its share.

8 Threatening Volcanoes in California Has USGS On Close Alert

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As small earthquakes continue to rumble around the Yellowstone supervolcano in Wyoming, scientists have revealed new evidence of the changes going on beneath the ground. A new map from the US Geological Survey shows how the ground around the Yellowstone caldera has deformed over the span of two years, as the quakes release uplift-causing pressure, allowing the ground to sink back down. This activity is typically linked to changes in magma and gases deep below the surface – but for now, the experts say there’s no cause for worry.
Quake Swarm of 1500 Earthquakes Reshapes Ground Around Yellowstone Super-Volcano
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh don't worry it is such a natural occurrence they're just writing about it for the hell of it nothing to see here folks move along and climb back into that box.
How many failed doomsday prophesies are you going to make before you realize you are a stupid fucktard? You have got to be dumb as shit to keep posting this idiocy. Seriously, whats your IQ? What happened to your critical thinking skills and logic? Are you crazy or just dumb, or both?

Forum List

Back