75% of Americans support gays right to serve

The poll was conducted by telephone Feb. 4-8 among a random national sample of 1,004 adults, including users of both conventional and cellular phones. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

1,004 sampled people from phones and cell phones equals 75% of what Americans feel and want? Whoever created this thread is a well trained jester if he believes that poll represents 75% of Americans.

Opinion poll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+/- 3%, yes. You've never taken a statistics class, have you?

WOW. how many brain cells did you have to rub together to figure that one out?

Great that you restated what I just stated, carry on.

did you, for example, read the whole article?

Yes I did, but my position is as rock solid as ever, polls, especially polls that are conducted via telephones and cell phones are subject to numerous biases by those who do the polling and those who are polled.

I had no idea the military was a democratic body. I thought for sure the opinions of those in it were irrelevant once they were given an order.

No, thats where you are wrong and you're comparing goat to sheep, querying the soldiers for their opinion on a specific matter is not a vote, my point is that people wearing the uniform are the ones who will be directly impacted by a policy change of DADT, not a random sample of 1,004 telephone respondents who demographics we know nothing about.

I

That's excellent news. I'd prefer the military my country sends overseas not be filled with homophobic bigots. Congratulations on your pending retirement, BTW.

Just because I am against gays openly serving does not mean I am a homophobic person, I expect my right to privacy to be respected, not trampled upon. Gays already have the right to serve in the military [i[de facto[/i] just as long as they don't openly state they're gay, so if they really want to serve they should just serve without making their sexual orientation an issue.

Great news. Considering all the nation building - for better or worse - our military has been asked to do lately, its important our military not be full of bigots.

Great, if straight people start exiting the military in greater numbers than gays being discharged under DADT you will not be saying the same thing. It will be seen as a failure. I will have no problem exiting the military I have loved and served for 14 years with distinction and merit if DADT is repealed.

Last edited:
The poll was conducted by telephone Feb. 4-8 among a random national sample of 1,004 adults, including users of both conventional and cellular phones. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

1,004 sampled people from phones and cell phones equals 75% of what Americans feel and want? Whoever created this thread is a well trained jester if he believes that poll represents 75% of Americans.

Opinion poll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+/- 3%, yes. You've never taken a statistics class, have you?

I'm smart enough to know that from experience that polls often do not reflect the opinions and thoughts of the majority of people and that they're often manipulated to suit the agenda of those who give the poll. I know that polls are subject to a number of biases that margins of error cannot account for.

I'm smart enough to know that from experience that polls often do not reflect the opinions and thoughts of the majority of people

In particular, what experience?

I know that polls are subject to a number of biases that margins of error cannot account for.

Of course. For instance, its obvious that the 75% figure can only be applied to people with phones.

I'm sure there is a secret group of phoneless people somewhere out there who hate gays just as much as you, but their voice isn't being heard.

75% back letting gays serve openly

By Ed O'Keefe and Jennifer Agiesta
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 12, 2010

Three-quarters of Americans say that they support openly gay people serving in the U.S. military, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, a finding that could lend momentum to the Obama administration's effort to dismantle the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

washingtonpost.com

When are nitwits going to ascertain that these polls don't represent the majority of Americans? Three quarters of Americans is roughly equal to 225 million people, the Washington Post-ABC News poll did not query 225 million people. The majority of those tested are not the the military, when is anyone going to extensively query those of us who actually serve and wear the uniform? If forced to be in a military where gays openly serve I will leave the military, the military I've been in for the last 14 years will not be the same anymore. More people will likely do the same.

No polls ever come close to polling that amount. The thing is though if you can get a truly random sample you can get an accurate picture of the entire population with significantly less than 225 million people polled. There'll be a margin of error though but if you poll enough and are random enough it won't be that big.

Three-quarters of Americans say that they support openly gay people serving in the U.S. military, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, a finding that could lend momentum to the Obama administration's effort to dismantle the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

washingtonpost.com

Got one on those who would have to be Subject to it?...

What do those in the Service say?...

And then, how did the Black Community Vote on that?...

Got those Answers?

:)

peace...

washingtonpost.com

Got those Answers?

peace...

I'm one that would have to be subject to it, as when you retire, you never leave the service.

As a 20 year Navy veteran, I think that repealing DADT would do a lot of good for the service.

How did the Black community vote? Dunno.....in the military, we all fall under the UCMJ equally, so race isn't an issue.

washingtonpost.com

Got those Answers?

peace...

I'm one that would have to be subject to it, as when you retire, you never leave the service.

As a 20 year Navy veteran, I think that repealing DADT would do a lot of good for the service.

How did the Black community vote? Dunno.....in the military, we all fall under the UCMJ equally, so race isn't an issue.

It's a Reference to the Black Community's Distaste for Homosexuals...

It's why the "Free Press" doesn't Poll them or the Military on this Issue.

I'd LOVE to see the Breakdown of this Poll, Demos and such.

peace...

The Bass can't see 75% of Americans supporting fags openly serving in the military. Put the matter to a vote and you'll see different results.

The Bass can't see 75% of Americans supporting fags openly serving in the military. Put the matter to a vote and you'll see different results.

You have any polls to back this up?

Votes are what matter, fags thought gay marriage would be accepted in almost every state because of polls, when the matter was put to a vote reality hit them, thats why polls are not to be trusted.

Votes do not matter either.
If they did we would still have segregation here.
We are a nation of LAWS, not men.

There is no right to serve in the military. There is a privilege.

Hey, Quad Si Modo, the Foursquare Stupid Slut......what exactly are you referring to? That you're a coward, which is why you choose to NOT join?

What about the people that had to go to 'Nam? Was it their "right" to get killed? No, it was their RESPONSIBILITY to this nation.

And yes, everyone DOES have a "right" to join. It's whether or not you pass the tests and physical that determines if you make it to boot camp.

There is no right to serve in the military. There is a privilege.

Hey, Quad Si Modo, the Foursquare Stupid Slut......what exactly are you referring to? That you're a coward, which is why you choose to NOT join?

What about the people that had to go to 'Nam? Was it their "right" to get killed? No, it was their RESPONSIBILITY to this nation.

And yes, everyone DOES have a "right" to join. It's whether or not you pass the tests and physical that determines if you make it to boot camp.

No, you are wrong again you faggoty squid, there is no right to join the military, try reading the regs:

US CODE: Title 10,654. Policy concerning homosexuality in the armed forces

There is no constitutional right to serve in the armed forces.

You damn liberals are pathetic.

Forum List

Back