75% of Americans support gays right to serve

love seeing 75% of americans are ignorant to the military. Military service is NOT a right, if it was a mentally challenged limbless 70 year old could join the military.

So, when the military didn't want blacks to integrate or women to serve, they had the "right" to say no?

yeah. not saying it was a good decision but it had that right. what ammendment says anyone regardless of age, race, etc. say that the military doesnt decide who gets to join?

Um...who controls (runs) the military in this country?

The only thing that can really disqualify you from military service is a physical, or a mental defect.

Being gay doesn't qualify IMHO.

why on earth is it such a big deal to announce to everyone that they are gay? I dont want to listen to the guy bragging about "conquoring" some naive girl. Why would I want to hear a gay guy talk about it?

As far as im concerned, anyone who wants to serve that fits the criteria the military is looking for (IE healthy enough) should be able to serve. I dont see what your sexuality has to do with it. So why on earth is it so damn important to "look like" we are being tolerant rather than just keeping private life private and defeating the enemy like the military should be focused on.

why on earth is it such a big deal to announce to everyone that they are gay? I dont want to listen to the guy bragging about "conquoring" some naive girl. Why would I want to hear a gay guy talk about it?

As far as im concerned, anyone who wants to serve that fits the criteria the military is looking for (IE healthy enough) should be able to serve. I dont see what your sexuality has to do with it. So why on earth is it so damn important to "look like" we are being tolerant rather than just keeping private life private and defeating the enemy like the military should be focused on.

All well and good. I suppose you also support straight military keeping their private life private too?

All well and good. I suppose you also support straight military keeping their private life private too?

i do. who or how somebody else fucks really doesn't interest me as long as the whos involved are of legal age and consenting.

75% back letting gays serve openly

By Ed O'Keefe and Jennifer Agiesta
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 12, 2010

Three-quarters of Americans say that they support openly gay people serving in the U.S. military, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, a finding that could lend momentum to the Obama administration's effort to dismantle the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

washingtonpost.com

I wouldn't believe you nor the WP if either of you said the sky was blue.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

i do. who or how somebody else fucks really doesn't interest me as long as the whos involved are of legal age and consenting.

You know, leave a group of same gender folks in a room for a while, and eventually, SOMEONE is gonna start bragging about the people they've had sex with.

Chicks too. Was token male in an office of 5 women at NAS Norfolk. One day, one of 'em (after they knew me well enough to trust me in the conversations), talked about the dude she'd just boned. Felt sorry for the poor fucker, because after Kathy talked about him, the suffering bastard couldn't get a date to save his life, at least, not if they were attached to the air side.

I just think that if you're gay, it doesn't matter who you have back home, just as long as you've got someone on the home front who has your back, because your squad mates need you to have your head in the game.

Deployments are dangerous.

You know, leave a group of same gender folks in a room for a while, and eventually, SOMEONE is gonna start bragging about the people they've had sex with.

Chicks too. Was token male in an office of 5 women at NAS Norfolk. One day, one of 'em (after they knew me well enough to trust me in the conversations), talked about the dude she'd just boned. Felt sorry for the poor fucker, because after Kathy talked about him, the suffering bastard couldn't get a date to save his life, at least, not if they were attached to the air side.

I just think that if you're gay, it doesn't matter who you have back home, just as long as you've got someone on the home front who has your back, because your squad mates need you to have your head in the game.

Deployments are dangerous.

Yeah, those offices are really rough. How many other offices did you work in?

Hey, Bag Lady Ollie........ever been on the flight deck of a US Navy aircraft carrier during flight ops?

Probably the most dangerous place on the planet. Try it sometime.

Mideast isn't that much of a picnic either.

You keep acting like DADT only works if you talk about it all the time, it doesn't.

If there was a day where some troops had a conversation about their sex lives, a gay man talked about his for no reason than to join the conversation, and they never discussed it again, it'd still be grounds for dismissal.

Hey, Bag Lady Ollie........ever been on the flight deck of a US Navy aircraft carrier during flight ops?

Landed on one once, in a helicopter. Keep going, we love your adventures. :eusa_whistle:

Landed on one ONCE, in a helo.

Riiiiiiiight..............ever been near the JBD unit when a FA-18 or F-14 was taking off?

Ever seen a man get sucked into a jet?

I have.

Completely.

Avatar.........when it comes to down time, and you still gotta be on watch, people will talk about a few things........money, sex, the service and the best places for liberty.

Not gonna happen where nobody talks about sex. Besides, out of all the NATO countries, the US is the only one that doesn't allow gays.

Landed on one once, in a helicopter. Keep going, we love your adventures. :eusa_whistle:

Landed once...on a helicopter.....*snicker

Completely.

Well, they don't. Nor are they required to. So, are you recommended that straight service members who don't keep their private life private be kicked out too?

Maybe those opposed to the ideas of gays in the military just want to protect the gays.

First we'll draft all straight males aged 18-45. Then we'll draft all straight females of the same age. Then all straight men above the age of 45 and all straight women above that age.

Then we'll start taking straight boys aged 12-17. then straight girls, same age. Then all children under 12, since they might not know if they were gay or straight yet.

Last draft group will be the gays. Because we need to protect them. All straight men, women, and children must be sent to their deaths before we harm one hair of a gay person's body.

75% back letting gays serve openly

By Ed O'Keefe and Jennifer Agiesta
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 12, 2010

Three-quarters of Americans say that they support openly gay people serving in the U.S. military, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, a finding that could lend momentum to the Obama administration's effort to dismantle the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

washingtonpost.com

When are nitwits going to ascertain that these polls don't represent the majority of Americans? Three quarters of Americans is roughly equal to 225 million people, the Washington Post-ABC News poll did not query 225 million people. The majority of those tested are not the the military, when is anyone going to extensively query those of us who actually serve and wear the uniform? If forced to be in a military where gays openly serve I will leave the military, the military I've been in for the last 14 years will not be the same anymore. More people will likely do the same.

When are nitwits going to ascertain that these polls don't represent the majority of Americans? Three quarters of Americans is roughly equal to 225 million people, the Washington Post-ABC News poll did not query 225 million people.

WOW. how many brain cells did you have to rub together to figure that one out?

did you, for example, read the whole article?
The poll was conducted by telephone Feb. 4-8 among a random national sample of 1,004 adults, including users of both conventional and cellular phones. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

HOW SMART!

The majority of those tested are not the the military, when is anyone going to extensively query those of us who actually serve and wear the uniform?

I had no idea the military was a democratic body. I thought for sure the opinions of those in it were irrelevant once they were given an order.

If forced to be in a military where gays openly serve I will leave the military,

That's excellent news. I'd prefer the military my country sends overseas not be filled with homophobic bigots. Congratulations on your pending retirement, BTW.

More people will likely do the same.

Great news. Considering all the nation building - for better or worse - our military has been asked to do lately, its important our military not be full of bigots.

The poll was conducted by telephone Feb. 4-8 among a random national sample of 1,004 adults, including users of both conventional and cellular phones. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

1,004 sampled people from phones and cell phones equals 75% of what Americans feel and want? Whoever created this thread is a well trained jester if he believes that poll represents 75% of Americans.

Opinion poll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back