75% of Americans support gays right to serve

EXACTLY!!! Only maybe 4% of the public ever serves in the military anyway, so why in the FUCK should anyone care what those people think. It's up to the MILITARY, not the cowards who are too SCARED to enlist.

I did not get in the military due to an eye injury. They did not see me physically fit because of my vision in one of my eyes. I tried for a year to get in the military, does it make me a coward that I did not serve?

You shouldn't even have to ask that question.

75% back letting gays serve openly

By Ed O'Keefe and Jennifer Agiesta
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 12, 2010

Three-quarters of Americans say that they support openly gay people serving in the U.S. military, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, a finding that could lend momentum to the Obama administration's effort to dismantle the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

washingtonpost.com

More evidence as to why, eventually, conservatives always lose, why they are always on the wrong side of history. A generation or two from now, Americans will look back and marvel at the historical fact that conservatives opposed gays in the military. Much in the same we now look back a couple generations and marvel that the conservatives of that by-gone era once supported racial segregation.

And after our country is in complete ruin we'll all look back and realize it was the liberals constant push for the morals of the country to be flushed down the toilet that led to our demise.

Does anyone realize that the majority of Congress have never served in the military?

And.......did anyone else stop to consider the hold the Moron Minority and Christian Confusion have done in the form of "C" street and the family?

My question is, why the fuck are they telling the military what is and isn't good for us, when we already know?

I've served since '82, and knew gay sailors at every station I was at. They stayed hidden when on the ship, but, when on liberty?

Shit man........wanna get laid overseas? Take a gay soldier out with you. The chicks will flock to the gay, and they will send the chick over to you.

Trust me. It works. Really.

Three-quarters of Americans say that they support openly gay people serving in the U.S. military, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, a finding that could lend momentum to the Obama administration's effort to dismantle the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

washingtonpost.com

Chris, I assume you are a homosexual wishing to serve. This poll is not accurate. The majority of Americans oppose the homosexual lifestyle altogether. If you are a gay and wish to serve we have a don't ask don't tell policy. Therefore you keep your gay lifestyle private. I wish you luck as you serve our country just keep your homosexual preference private.

:lol:....you nailed it.....

A neighbor of mine that has a son playing sports at the same schoolmy 2 sons played at just retired from the Army as an officer.
He states emphatically that the biggest error of our times in the military is notallowing gays to serve openly. He says the same thing about history. He states that 40 years from now we will look back and see how stupid a policy it was.
They are born that way folks. It is NOT a choice. Why would anyone choose to be PERSECUTED.
Dam, goodness gracious. Gays. What a non issue. A waste of time. The gay boogey man. Totally absurd.

Don't ask when: Repeal of gay ban won't be soon

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama, Pentagon leaders and even former Vice President Dick Cheney think it's time to end the "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays in the military. But a repeal is probably years away.

You know, they could get rid of it tomorrow if they really wanted to. Have BUPERS and the JCS put out memorandums and instructions, have changes made to the manuals reflecting the policy change and include it in the next updates to manuals and instructions.

Simple.

It's just that assholes in Congress don't want it because the Christian Coalition and the Moron Majority don't want it.

And........after Ted Haggard, ya kinda got to wonder why.

Fact is the Democrats in congress are relieved that they won't have to take a stand on this before the 2010 elections. And after the elections they can point the finger at the republicans regardless of how it all turns out.

washingtonpost.com

75% of the country might support your right to serve, but i couldn't give a rats ass...........

Either way, that fucked up policy has to go.

Know what one of the results of that piece of shit was? In the Navy there is a program for Advanced Electronics. One of the perks, is that you go to 2 full years of school, following on with accelerated advancement to E-4.

The total commitment for the program is 6 years.

Know what some were doing? Showing up at their first duty station, checking in, and then stating openly to someone of high rank that they were gay.

Know what the result was? Immediate discharge for the individual, which usually resulted in them going over to a civilian company and starting at 50,000/yr.

Saw one guy that did that, and when I saw him again 6 months later, he was married with kids. He told me that he did it just to get out because he had a really great opportunity.

Yeah........tell me again how much good that policy does.

Kind of don't believe this. Every state that voted on Gay marrage all voted against. Sounds like fudged data like the Global warming fraud!!!

EXACTLY!!! Only maybe 4% of the public ever serves in the military anyway, so why in the FUCK should anyone care what those people think. It's up to the MILITARY, not the cowards who are too SCARED to enlist.

So what are you saying, the military should be able to disobey any order from the President just because it doesn't like it? Sounds like a well disciplined military to me!

So what are you saying, the military should be able to disobey any order from the President just because it doesn't like it? Sounds like a well disciplined military to me!

Not what is being said. This policy change would directly affect those who are on active duty. The way they feel about it should be taken into consideration. It is their lives you want to change.

That is because you do not understand the difference between work with and live with.

Oh, I get it. You're just saying we need to make sure the soldiers have agreeable roommate situations. Maybe we can ban people who have annoying habits as well, or who talk too much, or any number of the dozens of reasons that could create problematic roommate arrangements. After all, we can't expect members of the most well trained fighting force in the world to put aside their personal differences with their roommates and do their job just the same.

Never served did you?

No, but I have lived with gays, and it wasn't the life changing experience as you claim it would be.

Forum List

Back