51 Hours Left to Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
If those people are heroes, then what is this guy?

A loser?

A villain?

Evil?

Clearly he's a villain for trying to help people put their lives into perspective.

Lucidending comments on 51 hours left to live

Question:

I'm reading this on my phone so haven't seen all comments so apologies if this has been asked already. There's an AMA going on started by someone who plans to commit suicide in the next few days. What, if anything would you say to him to try and get him to rethink things?
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. It's not of much significance but I'll be thinking of you. Best wishes.

Someone's reply to his answer:

Another Question:

His answer:

Another question:

Other than answering our questions, what are you going to spend your last hours doing? And most of all, good luck, my friend. May you have the peace you deserve.

Another answer:

I'm going to live. This is as close to travel and meeting new people as I can get now. I'm sorry if that sounds dumb but this is my world tour

To everyone who's saying this is political or has made negative comments without even bothering to read even part of the thread, screw you.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Logical fallacy. Has nothing to do with anything here. I was talking about one incident.

But thanks for pointing out that to people like you, rolling around in shit and having cancer are one and the same thing. No wonder you want those people to die. How inconvenient and nasty of them.

Except we're not talking about you're one incident, we're talking about what's being discussed in this thread. I don't wish anything like you're speaking of. I feel sorry for you since you're such a hateful and spiteful human being.

Sure you do.

Otherwise, your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. And it's misspelled.

Have you even read the thread? No. Do you know the point of that subreddit on reddit? No.

Before speaking of things of which you have no knowledge of, perhaps it is best to take a step back.

Ok, I read little of it, till your post. I feel bad for the man, but no more than I feel for a family member

I still stand by my statement, because regardless of what his intent is. There are going to be those who will use him for their agenda for assisted suicide

I am pretty sure suicide will be glamorized before all is said and done. I am not alright with that

Are agenda? To let people die the way they want to is terrible?

That's just another way of saying "murder is terrible?"

ASSISTED suicide isn't suicide at all. It's murder. Get over it.

Ok, I read little of it, till your post. I feel bad for the man, but no more than I feel for a family member

I still stand by my statement, because regardless of what his intent is. There are going to be those who will use him for their agenda for assisted suicide

I am pretty sure suicide will be glamorized before all is said and done. I am not alright with that

Glamorized? You clearly haven't even read any of it. Why not read the post I just made before saying this or that.

What I bolded has to be the dumbest statement you've made in this thread so far. You're going to judge this man off the basis of what others might do? Please tell me I'm reading this correctly because that is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this website and I've been here for a long time and read a lot of posts.

Take a step back and think about what you're saying.

No one wants a progressive disease of any sort, some learn to live their best and die quietly with no fan fare. Those people are heroes

I suppose we should just get rid of all awareness groups then. After all, how dare those people just don't simply die quietly with no fan fare. This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've read on here in awhile.

Another logical fallacy.

And a particularly stupid one at that. There should be a class for logical fallacies that are so supremely ridiculous they deserve to be separated. Pretty much anything Podbert posts could be in that class.

There are going to be those who will use him for their agenda for assisted suicide

You know, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark that you know nothing about suicide. There is nothing glamorous about it - assisted or done on your own.

And I hope they do use him for the agenda of assisted suicide. Those on the right are always, always, always about personal choice and individual freedom - until the subjects of abortion or assisted suicide are mentioned...

People against assisted suicide usually fall into two categories.

1) Religious reasons. Unless they are the person who wants to die it is none else's business. It is not a good enough reason to stop them.
2) The 'slippery slope' argument. "What happens when the relatives of Aunt Doris, who is very sick, decide to pull the plug when she isn't incapable of answering for herself, and it turns out that maybe she was against suicide." That one doesn't wash either. Most advocates of assisted suicide are pretty adamant that the person who wants to die has stated so themselves. you cannot 'off' somebody just because you 'think' they want to die.

Last edited:
If those people are heroes, then what is this guy?

A loser?

A villain?

Evil?

Clearly he's a villain for trying to help people put their lives into perspective.

Lucidending comments on 51 hours left to live

Question:

I'm reading this on my phone so haven't seen all comments so apologies if this has been asked already. There's an AMA going on started by someone who plans to commit suicide in the next few days. What, if anything would you say to him to try and get him to rethink things?
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. It's not of much significance but I'll be thinking of you. Best wishes.

Someone's reply to his answer:

Another Question:

His answer:

Another question:

Other than answering our questions, what are you going to spend your last hours doing? And most of all, good luck, my friend. May you have the peace you deserve.
Another answer:

I'm going to live. This is as close to travel and meeting new people as I can get now. I'm sorry if that sounds dumb but this is my world tour
To everyone who's saying this is political or has made negative comments without even bothering to read even part of the thread, screw you.

Screw us? Nice...:clap2:
I have life experiences that tell me you have no clue what you are talking about Modbert. I am experiencing some of these issues as we speak. Don't sit and pretend you can fathom any part of this issue

Dr. Gump..a stab in the dark for sure :eusa_whistle:

Before opening your mouth, you should actually look on the statutes and sees what defines murder...It's manslaughter at most....

I don't give a crap what the statutes say. I understand that lobbyists can come up with a shitload of money and change definitions at any time. They just have to lie to enough retards like Modbert & Luser, who fall in without a murmur, rank and file, and suddenly infanticide and murder don't exist anymore! People with inconvenient illnesses can be *helped* to opt out...think of how much cleaner, shinier, and just more pleasant life will be!

I don't like it when they change the definition of marriage, and I don't like it when they change the definition of murder. And their changes mean exactly jack shit to me and to anybody else who thinks life is precious (and incidentally, who think marriage is worthy of protection).

Last edited:

Glamorized? You clearly haven't even read any of it. Why not read the post I just made before saying this or that.

What I bolded has to be the dumbest statement you've made in this thread so far. You're going to judge this man off the basis of what others might do? Please tell me I'm reading this correctly because that is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this website and I've been here for a long time and read a lot of posts.

Stop pretending, that this is not political Modbert. I do not usually debate anywhere near you, did not know you could be so nasty :eusa_hand:

I have life experiences that tell me you have no clue what you are talking about Modbert. I am experiencing some of these issues as we speak. Don't sit and pretend you can fathom any part of this issue

Yes, I have low tolerance for such a exceedingly high level of ignorance. You know nothing about this man, you know nothing about the context of his post, and you know nothing of his purpose. Yet, you find yourself fit to judge him when in reality you know nothing about him.

I understand you may have life experiences and going through some issues yourself. However, that gives you no justification or no excuse to judge another person without having even read one word of which he has said. That is my issue here.

OK. Fine. Just provide a link to those who are 'glamourising' suicide...shouldn't bee too hard. And please, no links to "right to die' sites...none of them "glamourise" this situation.

Definition of glamourise: "to glorify or romanticize".

Show me any group that does the above...take your time...

Before opening your mouth, you should actually look on the statutes and sees what defines murder...It's manslaughter at most....

I don't give a crap what the statutes say. I understand that lobbyists can come up with a shitload of money and change definitions at any time. They just have to lie to enough retards like Modbert & Luser, who fall in without a murmur, rank and file, and suddenly infanticide and murder don't exist anymore! People with inconvenient illnesses can be *helped* to opt out...think of how much cleaner, shinier, and just more pleasant life will be!

I don't like it when they change the definition of marriage, and I don't like it when they change the definition of murder. And their changes mean exactly jack shit to me and to anybody else who thinks life is precious (and incidentally, who think marriage is worthy of protection).

As far as I know the definition of murder has been constant in the statutes for eons.

Just because you don't like a definition, doesn't mean it is not true.

There are going to be those who will use him for their agenda for assisted suicide

You know, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark that you know nothing about suicide. There is nothing glamorous about it - assisted or done on your own.

And I hope they do use him for the agenda of assisted suicide. Those on the right are always, always, always about personal choice and individual freedom - until the subjects of abortion or assisted suicide are mentioned...

People against assisted suicide usually fall into two categories.

1) Religious reasons. Unless they are the person who wants to die it is none else's business. It is not a good enough reason to stop them.
2) The 'slippery slope' argument. "What happens when the relatives of Aunt Doris, who is very sick, decide to pull the plug when she isn't incapable of answering for herself, and it turns out that maybe she was against suicide." That one doesn't wash either. Most advocates of assisted suicide are pretty adamant that the person who wants to die has stated so themselves. you cannot 'off' somebody just because you 'think' they want to die.

Actually "pulling the plug"...i.e. discontinuing life support...and assisted suicide are two different things. In assisted suicide or suicide, the death process is initiated by the individual. In pulling the plug, the death process has already started and has only been temporarily paused by the presence of machinery.

Stop pretending, that this is not political Modbert. I do not usually debate anywhere near you, did not know you could be so nasty :eusa_hand:

Nasty? You're the one judging a human being without having read anything he said just because someone else might use what happened to him as justification for something else. You're the one trying to say this man is contributing to the glamorization of suicide when that is a complete falsehood.

And so what if it is political? If that's what it takes to make euthenasia legal, then so be it ....

Yes, I have low tolerance for such a exceedingly high level of ignorance. You know nothing about this man, you know nothing about the context of his post, and you know nothing of his purpose. Yet, you find yourself fit to judge him when in reality you know nothing about him.

I understand you may have life experiences and going through some issues yourself. However, that gives you no justification or no excuse to judge another person without having even read one word of which he has said. That is my issue here.

I am an admin, I must make judgments. In my life I must make judgments, in every turn. If you don't like my ideals that is fine, it gives you no right to judge me..at least according to you :tongue:

Dude I read what he said.

Yet you don't mind when they change the definition of when life starts.

And so what if it is political? If that's what it takes to make euthenasia legal, then so be it ....

Gotcha. Stay away from my family

I am an admin, I must make judgments. In my life I must make judgments, in every turn. If you don't like my ideals that is fine, it gives you no right to judge me..at least according to you :tongue:

Dude I read what he said.

Because you are an admin, you have the right to make judgement about this man. Yet Modbert has no rights to make judgements about you? Because he is only a mod?

WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back