51 Hours Left to Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, life is full of crap episodes; my dad fell into an outhouse when he was 3 and spent an unpleasant period of time in shit up to his neck before his mother finally found him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, either. But I wouldn't kill them to save them from the risk of it ever happening again. Just because it's unpleasant for you to think about doesn't mean you get to off all the people in misery.

I don't think I would consider having cancer for six years, and having it spread to my brain even after having multiple surgeries to be a "crap episode" but maybe that's just me.

If it wasn't political, then he could just be quiet and die with the dignity he says he seeks

It is political. Probably the ultimate political statement

BTW, life is full of crap episodes; my dad fell into an outhouse when he was 3 and spent an unpleasant period of time in shit up to his neck before his mother finally found him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, either. But I wouldn't kill them to save them from the risk of it ever happening again. Just because it's unpleasant for you to think about doesn't mean you get to off all the people in misery.

I don't think I would consider having cancer for six years, and having it spread to my brain even after having multiple surgeries to be a "crap episode" but maybe that's just me.

Logical fallacy. Has nothing to do with anything here. I was talking about one incident.

But thanks for pointing out that to people like you, rolling around in shit and having cancer are one and the same thing. No wonder you want those people to die. How inconvenient and nasty of them.

If it wasn't political, then he could just be quiet and die with the dignity he says he seeks

Have you even read the thread? No. Do you know the point of that subreddit on reddit? No.

Before speaking of things of which you have no knowledge of, perhaps it is best to take a step back.

Someone help me understand where the fuck personal politics even fits into a story like this.

Dude doesn't want to be alive anymore.

Fuck your opinions.

Fuck your opinion.

Dude doesn't want to live anymore and opt out of the politics of it, dude would OD on heroin (and I'm sure Luser would be ok w/helping him score) or blast his brains out.

Dude enlists the assistance of other people, opens up a chatline on the internet, dude is political.

He is educating people about doctor assisted suicide. A lot of people don't know much about it because few know people who have done it. He is also trying to make others lives better through his death by sharing experiences and reminiscing.

I despise when people claim to be educating, when all they are doing is propagating an idea.

Un-Believable - He has over 3,000 replies.

Why kill yourself hooked to an IV stuck inside a medical facility? Why not go with a trill? Skydive without a parachute or jump from a very tall bridge? What a rush that would be.

Logical fallacy. Has nothing to do with anything here. I was talking about one incident.

But thanks for pointing out that to people like you, rolling around in shit and having cancer are one and the same thing. No wonder you want those people to die. How inconvenient and nasty of them.

Except we're not talking about you're one incident, we're talking about what's being discussed in this thread. I don't wish anything like you're speaking of. I feel sorry for you since you're such a hateful and spiteful human being.

Why kill yourself hooked to an IV stuck inside a medical facility? Why not go with a trill? Skydive without a parachute or jump from a very tall bridge? What a rush that would be.

Actually, he has over 7,500 at this point.

No one wants a progressive disease of any sort, some learn to live their best and die quietly with no fan fare. Those people are heroes

I suppose we should just get rid of all awareness groups then. After all, how dare those people just don't simply die quietly with no fan fare. This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've read on here in awhile.

I like the skydiving idea. Strap a bunch of weights to your body and jump over the ocean. That would be a burial at sea with a splash!

Have you even read the thread? No. Do you know the point of that subreddit on reddit? No.

Before speaking of things of which you have no knowledge of, perhaps it is best to take a step back.

Ok, I read little of it, till your post. I feel bad for the man, but no more than I feel for a family member

I still stand by my statement, because regardless of what his intent is. There are going to be those who will use him for their agenda for assisted suicide

I am pretty sure suicide will be glamorized before all is said and done. I am not alright with that

If those people are heroes, then what is this guy?

A loser?

A villain?

Evil?

Clearly he's a villain for trying to help people put their lives into perspective.

Lucidending comments on 51 hours left to live

Question:

I'm reading this on my phone so haven't seen all comments so apologies if this has been asked already. There's an AMA going on started by someone who plans to commit suicide in the next few days. What, if anything would you say to him to try and get him to rethink things?
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. It's not of much significance but I'll be thinking of you. Best wishes.

His answer:

I would tell him that it's not living that's failed him, it's life. We can always change our life as long as were living. He's addressing the wrong issue

Someone's reply to his answer:

That's incredible...I'm going to have to bookmark this discussion for when I or loved ones start getting into suicidal thoughts. I've always been able to overcome them, but so many aren't able to. Thank you so much.

Another Question:

Can I ask you a quick question if you don't mind? I've always wanted to ask someone at there end of life this question :).
I am very hesitant on improving my social skills with people. I am shy (and currently a college student who is a guy), but am trying to improve myself and meet more people and make more connections in the world.
I feel like fear is what holds me back. I've always wanted to ask someone who is in there final end of life for wisdom on this.
What would be your advice on taking chances and meeting new people? Or on Fear?
Sorry if this sounds silly. I guess I just always wanted to ask someone like you this question. I hope you find peace wherever you are or in whatever happens next :).

His answer:

It doesn't. Thank you for this, as it let's me live beyond my walls. My question tonyounwould be this, what long term risk is there in saying hello? I can't find any. Worst case, is you get some possessive asshole that thinks your hitting on his sister and you get a black eye. Total pain and shame lasts maybe a month. Meeting the right girl though lasts forever.
So you tell me, would youmtrade a month of shame for a life of happiness?

Another question:

Other than answering our questions, what are you going to spend your last hours doing? And most of all, good luck, my friend. May you have the peace you deserve.

Another answer:

I'm going to live. This is as close to travel and meeting new people as I can get now. I'm sorry if that sounds dumb but this is my world tour

To everyone who's saying this is political or has made negative comments without even bothering to read even part of the thread, screw you.

Ok, I read little of it, till your post. I feel bad for the man, but no more than I feel for a family member

I still stand by my statement, because regardless of what his intent is. There are going to be those who will use him for their agenda for assisted suicide

I am pretty sure suicide will be glamorized before all is said and done. I am not alright with that

Are agenda? To let people die the way they want to is terrible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back