51 Hours Left to Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people want to take themselves out because they are suffering then so be it. I just do not happen to think that the state or federal government should be part of that in any way shape or form

Anything the government intercedes in, usually ends up all screwed up and ends up taking tax dollars to do studies on what is the best way to off yourself? And the beat would go on and on

And eventually assisted suicide advocates would be telling us who should be offing themselves. I am not ok with that

1) But they are not allowed to - well, not in a legal, pain-free, "there-will-be-no-repercussions-to-those-who-helped-you" kind of way.
2) A concur that the govt does fuck things up. However, if assisted suicide is to be allowed, then there has to be a law.
3) I have not yet come across advocates for assisted suicide wanting to decide who does what to whom. Any advocate I have read about wants people to make their own decision. I wouldn't support a panel deciding who decides who dies and who doesn't, only for an individual to make that decision for themselves.

Government would have a vested interest in making those decisions for others. We cannot allow government that door into our lives or deaths

:lol:

Funny stuff, Dr Gump and even xotoxi don't have nothing more than attacking me as a mod/admin :lol:

Gotta love it

If you think that is all I have you haven't been reading my posts...

...and if you think it's cool to compare being a mod on a messageboard with somebody making life or death situations, then that's on you. You made the comparison, be prepared to be made accountable for doing so...

I have been reading them. Thanks :eusa_angel:

I read it..how many times do I have to type that to you? Shall I type it real slow?

Dr. Gump proved MY point, that is all I need

Except you didn't. I highly doubt you did. I'm pretty sure you're just basing your opinions here about this man off your own beliefs.

Anything's possible, and we certainly know that's the way YOU function. Though Pixie is infinitely more insightful and better rounded than you could ever hope to be...

Xotoxi you can't resist an opportunity to attack my position huh? sad

Dr, Gump...I was talking to modbert about him telling me I was making a judgment. Don't take it out of context

And don't take my words out of context.

I understand you may have life experiences and going through some issues yourself. However, that gives you no justification or no excuse to judge another person without having even read one word of which he has said. That is my issue here.

To use your own example as an Administrator, it would be you banning someone when they are reported without even reading what was reported.

It's understandable if people are opposed to assisted suicide, suicide in general, or whatever. However, it's not understandable for people to judge the intent of others without even hearing them out first. Especially when those same people say they have no intent themselves of changing their mind no matter what.

In response to me when I told you it's not political:

I still stand by my statement, because regardless of what his intent is. There are going to be those who will use him for their agenda for assisted suicide

I am pretty sure suicide will be glamorized before all is said and done. I am not alright with that

You say it's political on his part simply because of the potential actions of others. You had already prejudged his intent because of your own personal beliefs. That's the point I'm getting at.

As a moderator, you would not want me making judgement calls about reported posts on my own personal beliefs.

Modbert, I did not take your words out of context, Dr Gump took mine out of context

I read it..how many times do I have to type that to you? Shall I type it real slow?

Dr. Gump proved MY point, that is all I need

Except you didn't. I highly doubt you did. I'm pretty sure you're just basing your opinions here about this man off your own beliefs.

Anything's possible, and we certainly know that's the way YOU function. Though Pixie is infinitely more insightful and better rounded than you could ever hope to be...

Thanks Allie

It is called life and death experiences. It is called soul searching. It is not about politics.

If people want to take themselves out because they are suffering then so be it. I just do not happen to think that the state or federal government should be part of that in any way shape or form

Anything the government intercedes in, usually ends up all screwed up and ends up taking tax dollars to do studies on what is the best way to off yourself? And the beat would go on and on

And eventually assisted suicide advocates would be telling us who should be offing themselves. I am not ok with that

1) But they are not allowed to - well, not in a legal, pain-free, "there-will-be-no-repercussions-to-those-who-helped-you" kind of way.
2) A concur that the govt does fuck things up. However, if assisted suicide is to be allowed, then there has to be a law.
3) I have not yet come across advocates for assisted suicide wanting to decide who does what to whom. Any advocate I have read about wants people to make their own decision. I wouldn't support a panel deciding who decides who dies and who doesn't, only for an individual to make that decision for themselves.

Government would have a vested interest in making those decisions for others. We cannot allow government that door into our lives or deaths

I would agree if I thought that was the case.I don't.

Xotoxi you can't resist an opportunity to attack my position huh? sad

Dr, Gump...I was talking to modbert about him telling me I was making a judgment. Don't take it out of context

And don't take my words out of context.

I understand you may have life experiences and going through some issues yourself. However, that gives you no justification or no excuse to judge another person without having even read one word of which he has said. That is my issue here.

To use your own example as an Administrator, it would be you banning someone when they are reported without even reading what was reported.

It's understandable if people are opposed to assisted suicide, suicide in general, or whatever. However, it's not understandable for people to judge the intent of others without even hearing them out first. Especially when those same people say they have no intent themselves of changing their mind no matter what.

In response to me when I told you it's not political:

I still stand by my statement, because regardless of what his intent is. There are going to be those who will use him for their agenda for assisted suicide

I am pretty sure suicide will be glamorized before all is said and done. I am not alright with that

You say it's political on his part simply because of the potential actions of others. You had already prejudged his intent because of your own personal beliefs. That's the point I'm getting at.

As a moderator, you would not want me making judgement calls about reported posts on my own personal beliefs.

Now I feel like you're just throwing me bones, LOLOL!

Thanks, Slobbert! My siggy was just getting stale for me, but you have breathed new life in it. Somehow I think Luser will not be far behind.

Ok, I read little of it, till your post. I feel bad for the man, but no more than I feel for a family member

Are agenda? To let people die the way they want to is terrible?

That's just another way of saying "murder is terrible?"

ASSISTED suicide isn't suicide at all. It's murder. Get over it.

The death penalty is state sanctioned murder. I support that. Assisted suicide, as long as we ensure that the patient is of sound mind and knows exactly what they want, then it is non of our business.

As a Catholic, I couldn't choose that option because I believe that it's God's decision but I have not right to force my belief on others.

I would agree if I thought that was the case.I don't.

My point is that I do not ever want that to be the case. They would have to kill me to "assist" my family member

You will notice that I went ahead and put the red ink on that for ya, saved you the trouble of going back later and taking care of it....

Modbert, I did not take your words out of context, Dr Gump took mine out of context

Except you act like I'm saying don't judge in general, I'm not. I'm asking you to put aside your beliefs and look at the facts.

You're judging his intent based off the potential intent of others. Do you see the logic in that? I certainly don't.

How would you like it if someone judged the intent of your actions, whether it be on USMB or in life based off the intent of others who are reacting to your actions?

For example, you point out that smoking is bad but it should be someone's choice whether or not they should smoke and not the government's. In response, someone uses your post as an example of allowing 10 year old children to smoke. Even though you may not support such a thing, someone is your post as a basis to make that example.

That's what I'm trying to get across here.

Stop pretending, that this is not political Modbert. I do not usually debate anywhere near you, did not know you could be so nasty :eusa_hand:

Nasty? You're the one judging a human being without having read anything he said just because someone else might use what happened to him as justification for something else. You're the one trying to say this man is contributing to the glamorization of suicide when that is a complete falsehood.

You're a dick, Modbert. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. I guess the question I have for you is what are you going to do about? You can change it you want or you can continue being a dick. Your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back