51 Hours Left to Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an admin, I must make judgments. In my life I must make judgments, in every turn. If you don't like my ideals that is fine, it gives you no right to judge me..at least according to you :tongue:

Dude I read what he said.

So as an Admin you judge situations without even knowing what's going on or having read what's going on? Because that's exactly what you're doing here because you clearly hadn't read a word this man said before you start saying he's making it political.

I'm getting the feeling you're strongly missing my point.

Screw us? Nice...:clap2:
I have life experiences that tell me you have no clue what you are talking about Modbert. I am experiencing some of these issues as we speak. Don't sit and pretend you can fathom any part of this issue

Dr. Gump..a stab in the dark for sure :eusa_whistle:

Yes, I have low tolerance for such a exceedingly high level of ignorance. You know nothing about this man, you know nothing about the context of his post, and you know nothing of his purpose. Yet, you find yourself fit to judge him when in reality you know nothing about him.

I understand you may have life experiences and going through some issues yourself. However, that gives you no justification or no excuse to judge another person without having even read one word of which he has said. That is my issue here.

I am an admin, I must make judgments. In my life I must make judgments, in every turn. If you don't like my ideals that is fine, it gives you no right to judge me..at least according to you :tongue:

*Yes I have low tolerance for such a exceedingly high level of ignorance* is actually a perfect example of ignorance. As well as shitty grammar.

So as an Admin you judge situations without even knowing what's going on or having read what's going on? Because that's exactly what you're doing here because you clearly hadn't read a word this man said before you start saying he's making it political.

I'm getting the feeling you're strongly missing my point,

I read it..how many times do I have to type that to you? Shall I type it real slow?

Dr. Gump proved MY point, that is all I need

Here's how I see it:

Regulating physician-assisted suicide within individual states is beyond the scope of the federal government's powers. It's legal in Oregon. Since this guy has a short time left and has gotten the 'okay' from several doctors, let him go.

I read it..how many times do I have to type that to you? Shall I type it real slow?

Except you didn't. I highly doubt you did. I'm pretty sure you're just basing your opinions here about this man off your own beliefs.

Except you didn't. I highly doubt you did. I'm pretty sure you're just basing your opinions here about this man off your own beliefs.

You are judging me based on what you are "highly doubting" :lol: I do not care what his beliefs are. That is irrelevant

You are judging me based on what you are "highly doubting" :lol: I do not care what his beliefs are. That is irrelevant

No, I'm basing my conclusion that you didn't read what he said on your posts thus far in this thread. I never made any mention of his beliefs, so I'm not sure where you're getting at there. I'm referring to your clear opposition to this issue making you biased about what this person is doing by making this thread on reddit.

You still haven't shown how you think he is glamorizing suicide either.

Pixie, Pixie, Pixie...Good grief, you are comparing making decisions on a messageboard with making decisions about life and death?

What do you do for an encore, compare that fact you have to choose between chocolate or peppermint icing for the cake you just baked, with the head of UNICEF who has to decide whether that tonne of aid goes to the Sudan or Burkina Faso?

Pixie, Pixie, Pixie...Good grief, you are comparing making decisions on a messageboard with making decisions about life and death?

She must consider banning to be a form of death.

If people want to take themselves out because they are suffering then so be it. I just do not happen to think that the state or federal government should be part of that in any way shape or form

Anything the government intercedes in, usually ends up all screwed up and ends up taking tax dollars to do studies on what is the best way to off yourself? And the beat would go on and on

And eventually assisted suicide advocates would be telling us who should be offing themselves. I am not ok with that

And quite a serious decision to make.....:eek:

If people want to take themselves out because they are suffering then so be it. I just do not happen to think that the state or federal government should be part of that in any way shape or form

Anything the government intercedes in, usually ends up all screwed up and ends up taking tax dollars to do studies on what is the best way to off yourself? And the beat would go on and on

And eventually assisted suicide advocates would be telling us who should be offing themselves. I am not ok with that

Fears that have no basis in reality.

By the way, for those who do not know the law in Oregon:

Assisted suicide in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Oregon Death with Dignity Act, and the Washington statute modeled after it, set certain requirements and safeguards before a person may commit suicide with a doctor's assistance. The patient must be of sound mind when they request a prescription for a lethal dose of medication. Two doctors must confirm a diagnosis of terminal illness with no more than six months to live. Two witnesses, one non-doctor unrelated to the patient, must confirm the patient's request, and the patient must make a second request after 15 days.

Xotoxi you can't resist an opportunity to attack my position huh? sad

Dr, Gump...I was talking to modbert about him telling me I was making a judgment. Don't take it out of context

Eventually? Oregon's been allowing this for nearly 17 years now. Can you expand upon how your predictions have come or are currently coming to pass there?

:lol:

Funny stuff, Dr Gump and even xotoxi don't have nothing more than attacking me as a mod/admin :lol:

Gotta love it

1) But they are not allowed to - well, not in a legal, pain-free, "there-will-be-no-repercussions-to-those-who-helped-you" kind of way.
2)I concur that the govt does fuck things up. However, if assisted suicide is to be allowed, then there has to be a law.
3) I have not yet come across advocates for assisted suicide wanting to decide who does what to whom. Any advocate I have read about wants people to make their own decision. I wouldn't support a panel deciding who decides who dies and who doesn't, only for an individual to make that decision for themselves.

Last edited:
:lol:

Funny stuff, Dr Gump and even xotoxi don't have nothing more than attacking me as a mod/admin :lol:

Gotta love it

If you think that is all I have you haven't been reading my posts...

...and if you think it's cool to compare being a mod on a messageboard with somebody making life or death situations, then that's on you. You made the comparison, be prepared to be made accountable for doing so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back