2nd Worst Financial Crisis In History: Who gets credit?

We’ve come through the second-worst financial crisis in the history of the world bruised and shocked, but on the road to recovery. Agree?

Who gets the credit for averting complete disaster, the invisible hand or Obama? If not Obama, who?

Unemployment is high, there is a sense of bewilderment clouding the minds of the public, but all signs say we are out of the wood and on the road to recovery. Are you better off now than where only a year ago, you thought you'd be?

Credit has to go to somebody. Why haven't Obama and the Democrats formulated a message around this?

No

Nothings been averted; no one gets credit.

Wrong, and we're certainly no better off than we were a year ago.

The only message anyone should be sending out is; get your waders on, the shit's going to get pretty deep!
.we're not better off than we were a year ago? we were losing jobs at what rate? banks were in danger of dissolving. the financial system faced collapse.

seek help
:cuckoo:

I advise you to check out your local foodbank, more people are lining up than ever before. Check out your homeless shelters, etc. We have a program here that usually provides 6 months of shelter for homeless men. This year they cut down to 4 months as they had less money than last year (more people out of work, fewer people giving) and at that they have a waiting list longer than ever before.

I used to think I've lived a sheltered life, but after listening to some people on here, I think they're the one's that have either lived a VERY sheltered life, or just closed their eyes to anything that doesn't jive with their thinking or what they've been told by their politicians.

We’ve come through the second-worst financial crisis in the history of the world bruised and shocked, but on the road to recovery. Agree?

Who gets the credit for averting complete disaster, the invisible hand or Obama? If not Obama, who?

Unemployment is high, there is a sense of bewilderment clouding the minds of the public, but all signs say we are out of the wood and on the road to recovery. Are you better off now than where only a year ago, you thought you'd be?

Credit has to go to somebody. Why haven't Obama and the Democrats formulated a message around this?

No

The only message anyone should be sending out is; get your waders on, the shit's going to get pretty deep!
.we're not better off than we were a year ago? we were losing jobs at what rate? banks were in danger of dissolving. the financial system faced collapse.

seek help

Thank for the advice, but I'm OK; I can see quite clearly without my rose colored glasses on. Hell, it's been so long since I was able to wear them, I don't know where the hell they are. Anyone seen 'em? :neutral:

No

seek help
I advise you
to check out your local foodbank, more people are lining up than ever before. Check out your homeless shelters, etc. We have a program here that usually provides 6 months of shelter for homeless men. This year they cut down to 4 months as they had less money than last year (more people out of work, fewer people giving) and at that they have a waiting list longer than ever before.

I used to think I've lived a sheltered life, but after listening to some people on here, I think they're the one's that have either lived a VERY sheltered life, or just closed their eyes to anything that doesn't jive with their thinking or what they've been told by their politicians.
yep true. and it all would've been worse had Obama not acted.

sucks, but the tough times came from before Obama was sworn in.

job losses are down.

facts

. and it all would've been worse had Obama not acted.

Only in the shirt term.

In the long run, he's digging our grave deeper.

seek help
I advise you
to check out your local foodbank, more people are lining up than ever before. Check out your homeless shelters, etc. We have a program here that usually provides 6 months of shelter for homeless men. This year they cut down to 4 months as they had less money than last year (more people out of work, fewer people giving) and at that they have a waiting list longer than ever before.

job losses are down.

facts

No doubt tough times were on there way before Obama came to the office. Thing is, he didn't know what he was doing when he got there and made things worse. Obama is a legend in your own mind. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

seek help
I advise you

job losses are down.

facts

Oh yeah, unemployment is on the rise.

Fact!

I advise you

job losses are down.

facts

No doubt tough times were on there way before Obama came to the office. Thing is, he didn't know what he was doing when he got there and made things worse. Obama is a legend in your own mind. :eusa_whistle:
I never voted for Obama.

I give credit where credit is due.

I actually think Obama didn't do enough. No balls, and too many of the bad guys from Clinton/Bush era...but then again..

it was the guys under Clinton and Bush who got us into this mess, so who else could get us out of it?

reality bites and the reality is, Obama saved the day.

:cool:
dD

I advise you

job losses are down.

facts

Oh yeah, unemployment is on the rise.

Fact!

the rate of job losses is down. It started growing fast under Bush and continued under Obama...until he acted.

reality bites...Obama saved teh day.

dD

I think we should subconciously blame Iran for the financial situation just like we did subconciously with Iraq and terrorism.

job losses are down.

facts

I never voted for Obama.

I actually think Obama didn't do enough. No balls, and too many of the bad guys from Clinton/Bush era...but then again..

it was the guys under Clinton and Bush who got us into this mess, so who else could get us out of it?

dD

I've gotta give respect when respect is due, and so, I respect your right to be wrong. :eusa_whistle:

I never voted for Obama.

dD

I've gotta give respect when respect is due, and so, I respect your right to be wrong. :eusa_whistle:

now you sound like Glennnnnnnn Beckkkkkkk contradicting himself
[youtube]ZGi8bnWKtG0[/youtube]

I really wish there was an end to this 'moderation' in sight.

But it just doesn't seem like a normal cycle to me

and i find no comfort in sorts painting rainbows in the rain here......

~S~

If Obama really wanted to fix the economy, instead of figuring out how to spend more of our money, he'd work on raising the minimum wage, putting more money into the hands of the people that would spend it, increasing our economy. Of course that won't work until all the illegals are sent home.

If Obama really wanted to fix the economy, instead of figuring out how to spend more of our money, he'd work on raising the minimum wage, putting more money into the hands of the people that would spend it, increasing our economy. Of course that won't work until all the illegals are sent home.

Raising the minimum wage would put more people out of work.

Wrong, there have been no net loss of jobs the last several times that the minimum was was raised.

UniversalLivingWage.org--Sample Facts & Myths

Myth #8: "The wage increase will lead to job loss."
FACT: Once again, the increase did not lead to job loss. In fact, the conclusion of The Sky Hasn't Fallen report ends with, "Given the statistically and economically insignificant (and mostly positive) employment effects of the change, it might be more useful if the next debate spends less time focusing on the cost of the increase and more on the benefits to low-income families." (The report was supported by grants from the Rockefeller, and the Charles Stewart Mott Foundations and the US Department of Labor.)

facts sucks
FACT: Once again, the increase did not lead to job loss. In fact, the conclusion of The Sky Hasn't Fallen report ends with, "Given the statistically and economically insignificant (and mostly positive) employment effects of the change, it might be more useful if the next debate spends less time focusing on the cost of the increase and more on the benefits to low-income families." (The report was supported by grants from the Rockefeller, and the Charles Stewart Mott Foundations and the US Department of Labor.)

Wrong, there have been no net loss of jobs the last several times that the minimum was was raised.

Last edited:
In that case we should make the minimum wage $100/hour immediately. Though I'm sure you both can see the problem that would arise under that situation. The principle remains the same no matter what the minimum wage becomes. Some workers and some jobs simply aren't going to be worth the new price so they'll be eliminated.

Forum List

Back