25% of Feds Would Consider Leaving Their Jobs if Trump Becomes President

i dont know if the wages would be lowered.....the UPS drivers made more per hour....Fed-x i think was a little lower......

No much, and the FedEx guys end up with more in their pocket because they pay no union dues.
yea but the ones i worked by said a lot of Fed people wanted a union...why?....according to them because they have seen some of their fellow workers fired because of a mistake someone made and they felt they were things a letter of warning should have been given first,not a dismissal...and after hearing the stories i had to agree....we had a girl that worked with us as a temp for a year,2 6 month periods then she had to leave,she got a job with Fed-X and she was delivering on my route....she said you are afraid to fuck up because you dont know if you will be employed the next day,but she said the job itself aint bad,easier than delivering mail but she liked it....hopefully for them things are better....

for junk mail?....you may not know this but one mailer tried delivering their and a few others "junk" on their own.....it was dropped on peoples driveways,the lawns,some never got it,etc....after a couple months of customers complaining it was back to the USPS.....Readers Digest tried their own thing too....didnt work to well...

So you agree that USPS is basically the delivery method for spam. :thup:

for junk mail?....you may not know this but one mailer tried delivering their and a few others "junk" on their own.....it was dropped on peoples driveways,the lawns,some never got it,etc....after a couple months of customers complaining it was back to the USPS.....Readers Digest tried their own thing too....didnt work to well...

the direct mailing industry (mostly that spam) supports around 8 million jobs directly and indirectly around the country........mail advertising is a huge industry....:thup:

i dont know if the wages would be lowered.....the UPS drivers made more per hour....Fed-x i think was a little lower......

No much, and the FedEx guys end up with more in their pocket because they pay no union dues.
yea but the ones i worked by said a lot of Fed people wanted a union...why?....according to them because they have seen some of their fellow workers fired because of a mistake someone made and they felt they were things a letter of warning should have been given first,not a dismissal...and after hearing the stories i had to agree....we had a girl that worked with us as a temp for a year,2 6 month periods then she had to leave,she got a job with Fed-X and she was delivering on my route....she said you are afraid to fuck up because you dont know if you will be employed the next day,but she said the job itself aint bad,easier than delivering mail but she liked it....hopefully for them things are better....

When a friend of mine first started the PO, he was there a few months on his own route when somebody rear-ended him. He said that the PO wrote him up for the accident even though it was not his fault. He was on probation at the time, and he told me one more accident and he would be fired regardless who's fault it is.

Doesn't sound like the union there is too strong.

I actually think this is a wonderful thing, but I will still never vote for Trump for president.

One in four federal workers would consider leaving their jobs if Trump were elected president, according to a new survey conducted by the Government Business Council, Government Executive Media Group’s research arm. About 14 percent of respondents said they would definitely consider leaving federal service under President Trump, while an additional 11 percent said they might. The findings indicate those leaving government would come from agencies' top ranks, as a majority of respondents were in General Schedule positions GS-13 and higher.

25% of Feds Would Consider Leaving Their Jobs if Trump Becomes President
I would consider voting for him if 25% of the federal government would die a quick and horrible death...
Lol

When a friend of mine first started the PO, he was there a few months on his own route when somebody rear-ended him. He said that the PO wrote him up for the accident even though it was not his fault. He was on probation at the time, and he told me one more accident and he would be fired regardless who's fault it is.

Doesn't sound like the union there is too strong.
until you pass your probation and become part of the regular workforce you can be let go fairly easy.....if he was a regular he would have beat that easily....according to many posting about the PO those Unions are the ones dictating policy...

Well see, that's the problem with the PO. If I have a problem with Fed Ex or UPS, there is a 1-800 number to call and they get right on it. If you know anybody that works UPS, you'd find that their supervisors don't give them much room for error. It's a more serious thing with them and their employees know it.

My tenants called the PO office after the carrier once again gave them the wrong mail. In anger, my tenant asked "Don't you know how to read???" She just shrugged her shoulders as if it didn't matter to her, so he called the branch.

The next day, the same exact thing happened.

The point is, this doesn't happen in the private sector. I'm a truck driver, and if I took freight to the wrong company, that would be my second last time I would be able to make a mistake like that, and the only reason my boss would give me another chance is because I'm such a good driver and he doesn't want to lose me.

It's one thing to make a mistake; we all make mistakes. But it's quite another to do it repeatedly day after day and nobody does anything about it. We are almost helpless. The carrier doesn't care, the manager of the branch doesn't care, and even the Post Master General doesn't care. This is the way we do our job, and if you don't like it, too bad!

Now if we were to privatize the US mail, that would come to an end because the PO would have to compete against other companies. If people complained, they would have to do something about it or chance losing customers.
ray do you have a regular carrier on your route?....by that i mean the same person everyday?....and ray the PO does compete with other companies,see post 159........

No they really don't. In fact I just placed an Amazon order and they gave me two options on who gets to deliver the package. And there is no competition for first class mail. Only the PO delivers that.

But our Fed Ex guy doesn't know me, neither does the UPS guy. They only come when you have a package delivered and they seem to do it correctly every time. And I don't know who our mail carrier is. I'm at work all day. It shouldn't be something I have to know.
... No they really don't. In fact I just placed an Amazon order and they gave me two options on who gets to deliver the package.
it may start out with someone else but if its from Amazon the PO will be delivering it,they call it "the last mile delivery".... .....remember they just gave the PO a billion dollar contract.....

And there is no competition for first class mail. Only the PO delivers that.
as it should be....if it was privatized there would still only be one company handling 1st class..... i would hope....

But our Fed Ex guy doesn't know me, neither does the UPS guy. They only come when you have a package delivered and they seem to do it correctly every time. And I don't know who our mail carrier is. I'm at work all day. It shouldn't be something I have to know.

well then i dont know what to tell you ray....get someone who is around to talk to the guy it sounds like your route is what they call an Auxillary route which has a different person just about everyday.....in other words the temporary workers....if they still have them,they did when i was still there....

If first class mail was open to all comers, then the PO would go under. The reason there is no competition is the fact that it's against the law to compete with the PO, and that's the only reason. Many private deliver services that tried to compete with the PO were shut down by the government.
first class mail would only be open for one company if it was open....otherwise you would have x amount of people with access to your mail box....so you would basically have the same thing.....one company handling it.....

That's your theory. Each person would be free to sign up with the delivery company they preferred.

You just can't imagine a system where the government doesn't control everything, can you?

first class mail would only be open for one company if it was open....otherwise you would have x amount of people with access to your mail box....so you would basically have the same thing.....one company handling it.....

Your logic is flawed. Just as there is choice and competition in parcels, choice and competition for junk mail delivery would make for better service.

The PO subsidizes the deliver of junk mail. It wouldn't be economically feasible otherwise.

the direct mailing industry (mostly that spam) supports around 8 million jobs directly and indirectly around the country........mail advertising is a huge industry....:thup:

Where did you get that statistic? I seriously doubt that it's accurate.

ray do you have a regular carrier on your route?....by that i mean the same person everyday?....and ray the PO does compete with other companies,see post 159........

No they really don't. In fact I just placed an Amazon order and they gave me two options on who gets to deliver the package. And there is no competition for first class mail. Only the PO delivers that.

... No they really don't. In fact I just placed an Amazon order and they gave me two options on who gets to deliver the package.
it may start out with someone else but if its from Amazon the PO will be delivering it,they call it "the last mile delivery".... .....remember they just gave the PO a billion dollar contract.....

as it should be....if it was privatized there would still only be one company handling 1st class..... i would hope....

well then i dont know what to tell you ray....get someone who is around to talk to the guy it sounds like your route is what they call an Auxillary route which has a different person just about everyday.....in other words the temporary workers....if they still have them,they did when i was still there....

If first class mail was open to all comers, then the PO would go under. The reason there is no competition is the fact that it's against the law to compete with the PO, and that's the only reason. Many private deliver services that tried to compete with the PO were shut down by the government.

That's your theory. Each person would be free to sign up with the delivery company they preferred.

You just can't imagine a system where the government doesn't control everything, can you?
thats not it at all....how many people do you want to have access to your mail box?...its not hard to steal a small parcel if multiple people are reaching into it...who will you blame?....

forgot the link.....The Value of the Direct Mail Industry – IWCO Direct

thats not it at all....how many people do you want to have access to your mail box?...its not hard to steal a small parcel if multiple people are reaching into it...who will you blame?....

As I already said, you can make arrangements with whatever company you choose to put mail in your mail box. No one who hasn't been given your explicit permission would be entitled to put anything in it.

A mailbox is private property, so people shoving stuff in it without your permission would be guilt of trespassing.

It says "U.S. mailing industry supports 8.4 million jobs." That doesn't mean 8.4 million people are stuffing ads into envelopes.

As I already said, you can make arrangements with whatever company you choose to put mail in your mail box. No one who hasn't been given your explicit permission would be entitled to put anything in it.

A mailbox is private property, so people shoving stuff in it without your permission would be guilt of trespassing.
it doesnt matter, if 4 companies are allowed to deliver mail you could have 4 different people in one day reaching into your box,if one of them takes something the guy ahead of him delivers....who are you going to blame?...you would not have control over everything being sent to you....if someone pays company x to deliver something to your box even if its an ad....he has access to your box....there is a reason bri that only one company has access to mail boxes....its called sanctity of the mail....

It says "U.S. mailing industry supports 8.4 million jobs." That doesn't mean 8.4 million people are stuffing ads into envelopes.
no shit.....do you think thats all those people do?...what about the printers, the truckers,the hundreds of other jobs getting their stuff ready to mail....the direct mail industry is a pretty damned big industry that makes billions...and has lots of people working in it...the PO just delivers the shit....Advo alone pays the PO around a billion a year or better to deliver those food ads you get once a week...

it doesnt matter, if 4 companies are allowed to deliver mail you could have 4 different people in one day reaching into your box,if one of them takes something the guy ahead of him delivers....who are you going to blame?...you would not have control over everything being sent to you....if someone pays company x to deliver something to your box even if its an ad....he has access to your box....there is a reason bri that only one company has access to mail boxes....its called sanctity of the mail....

No you wouldn't. This doesn't seem to penetrate, but you would only allow one of them to deliver mail to your house. If someone pays company X to deliver something to you, and you have a contract with company Y, then company X hands over the letter/parcel to company Y and company Y puts it into your box. Company X never has to access your box.

You're "sanctity of the mail box" is an idiotic USPS concept that private industry has no obligation to follow. It's sad that you can't imagine anyway of delivering the mail other than the stupid way the Post Office does it.

no shit.....do you think thats all those people do?...what about the printers, the truckers,the hundreds of other jobs getting their stuff ready to mail....the direct mail industry is a pretty damned big industry that makes billions...and has lots of people working in it...the PO just delivers the shit....Advo alone pays the PO around a billion a year or better to deliver those food ads you get once a week...

A lot of the people are involved in manufacturing the products sold, composing the marketing materials, running the business, the warehouse, yada, yada, yada. Are they counting the entire grocery industry? Grocery stores have flyers in your mail every week. The term "supports" is almost meaningless.

If that survey is true, and Trump endorses it. . . . .

I think that would be the first time in over twenty years I went the polls, as long Trump promised not to replace them. :happy-1:

12644937_1225124147522006_8073603383845864271_n.jpg

12670076_1225135597520861_4014045462629101182_n.jpg

12314015_544860079006267_3545228831421361654_n.jpg

12301473_544665412359067_3489507075511045851_n.jpg

Let 25% leave and fire another 25%....it would still be bloated

Do you believe the government has more employees or fewer than it did 10, 20 or even 30 years ago?
Fewer in a much larger population. Hmmm. And in spite of all the bloviating above, Trump will take care of federal workers.

That is correct, fewer.

Total Government Employment Since 1962
This data is misleading.

Most of government work is contracted out with notoriously poor oversite.

Government is, in fact, much larger today than it was 30 years ago. It just has the private sector skim far more off the top, and it does less to make sure they aren't stealing tax payer funds. Money goes missing, and nobody is any the wiser. . .

rumsfeld23t.jpg

Forum List

Back