25% of Feds Would Consider Leaving Their Jobs if Trump Becomes President

I actually think this is a wonderful thing, but I will still never vote for Trump for president.

One in four federal workers would consider leaving their jobs if Trump were elected president, according to a new survey conducted by the Government Business Council, Government Executive Media Group’s research arm. About 14 percent of respondents said they would definitely consider leaving federal service under President Trump, while an additional 11 percent said they might. The findings indicate those leaving government would come from agencies' top ranks, as a majority of respondents were in General Schedule positions GS-13 and higher.

Sounds like they are worried someone on the outside figures out they don't do a God damn thing.

It has been figured out a very long time ago, but no one has yet figured out how to purge them from their job, but maybe Trump is the cure?

I will not vote for the guy but if he does win it will not change my life one way or the other...
It will if you ever have to go to any government vehicle license department or post office after President Trump kicks out the deadwood.
i will bet you danny if he gets in that wont happen.....just more campaign promises that will have excuses as to the why it could not be done.....

The vast majority of federal workers are competent and faithful public servants.

It is the head of the snake that is taking our nation into a hole it might not ever recover from, not the rank and file federali.

Whether that is true or not, is debatable.

When I walk into the USPS, and need to mail one small letter, and there is 20 people in line, and 5 teller stations, but only 1 teller.... and 2 guys right behind standing there talking about where they are going to eat after work.... and the one person working, is taking a half hour to calculate the weight charge........

Vast majority... of what? 3 out of 3 so far are incompetent.

When I go to the BMV, and so 40 people waiting, and 2 tellers open, and 5 people talking and doing nothing.....

Again..... Not seeing it man.

When I worked at the auto parts store, I was expected to drop everything, and ring out a customer the moment...> THE MOMENT < they walked up to the counter.

And by "drop everything".. I mean EVERYTHING..... If I was eating lunch, I was expected to stop eating... ring out the customers, and then go back to eating.

So when you say they are all angelic employees..... not seeing it.

When I walk into the USPS, and need to mail one small letter, and there is 20 people in line, and 5 teller stations, but only 1 teller.... and 2 guys right behind standing there talking about where they are going to eat after work..

those 2 guys could not work a window even if they wanted to andy, not even a supervisor could....you have to be vetted and bonded by the postal inspection service to touch money or stamps....only the window clerks are allowed and there are only so many of them in each city....but i do agree about what you are saying about the lines....

Reminds me of what happened when I went to the PO a couple of years ago before Commie Care started. There we were, sitting there like we were at a bus stop or something when the black woman behind me said "I can't believe they are making us wait in line and only have two clerks working the counter." I turned around and said "Yes, and these are the same people that want to run our healthcare."

She gave me such a dirty look. :dev2::dev2:
believe me most in the PO wish the govt would quit micromanaging them too.....

Because USPS, does basically the same function as FedEx..
not true....USPS deals with much more than just overnight packages.....the clerks have to deal with money orders,passports,certified and registered stuff,insured mail certification's,mail on hold pick ups,mail deliveries being suspended by dog attacks,by the inspection service or another agency and more stuff than i can remember...you have to see a window clerk for any of that stuff they just dont sell stamps.....but once again i agree with the complaint about the lines.....
the difference being my stuff shows up on time
many hate Fed-X and UPS just as much as the PO......

I don't hate any of them.

Still, FedEx is vastly more competent and reliable than USPS, and even UPS is slightly better.

If the restriction on first class mail were lifted, the USPS would be out of business in a year, and FedEX would provide vastly better service at a lower cost.

The union that ensures two guys standing around can't work a window doesn't hold FedEx hostage.
Still, FedEx is vastly more competent and reliable than USPS, and even UPS is slightly better.
you would have a "vastly" different opinion if you were out there delivering and hearing the "delivery" stories about the big 3....on the street a good letter carrier who has his own route has them all beat because we know everyone and they know us.... when UPS or Fed has package that that has a bad address they show it to the regular carrier,if someone moves and they are delivering to an empty house i will pick it up and see them on the route and give it back to them.....this kind of stuff happens quite a bit....
The union that ensures two guys standing around can't work a window
the union has jack shit to do with that.....the Postal Inspection is who you should be blaming,thats their ballgame not the Union or the PO for that matter...

Last edited:
Talk about millions of people out of work. Of course, loserterianism always means a piss poor economy as 40 years of mild loserterianism has brought us to the cluster fuck we have now.

All on their own.

What a shame.

Can you be any more stupid ?

you would have a "vastly" different opinion if you were out there delivering and hearing the "delivery" stories about the big 3....on the street a good letter carrier who has his own route has them all beat because we know everyone and they know us....

You're right, the view of the letter carrier is going to be different than that of the customer.

Still, some find a little tiny bit of value in the opinions of customers.

Oh, and of the 10 or so letter carriers who stuff my box with junk mail, none of them know me, nor do I know them. It's just someone in a golf cart putting ads for refinancing and solar into my mailbox.

Any real business I do goes through email.

So what matters is parcel delivery. I use Amazon a LOT. Free shipping is as you say, through US Mail. Which is why I said what I did, because if it is something I really want or need, I will go ahead and pay the FedEx fee, knowing it will be there when I need it and undamaged.

when UPS or Fed has package that that has a bad address they show it to the regular carrier,if someone moves and they are delivering to an empty house i will pick it up and see them on the route and give it back to them.....this kind of stuff happens quite a bit....
the union has jack shit to do with that.....the Postal Inspection is who you should be blaming,thats their ballgame not the Union or the PO for that matter...

The union negotiates to ensure that jobs are only performed by those in the classification. It is absolutely the union that creates this bullshit.

So what matters is parcel delivery.
Agree with most of your post, however I have to point out that while email is your primary mail process, this is not true for everyone. Many still rely on mail for delivery of important mail and do not use check-to-bank and so forth. Also many people are simply too far out in the boondocks to get Fed Ex service. This is a case where the government has to step up to bat for those who cannot do it themselves.

I actually think this is a wonderful thing, but I will still never vote for Trump for president.

One in four federal workers would consider leaving their jobs if Trump were elected president, according to a new survey conducted by the Government Business Council, Government Executive Media Group’s research arm. About 14 percent of respondents said they would definitely consider leaving federal service under President Trump, while an additional 11 percent said they might. The findings indicate those leaving government would come from agencies' top ranks, as a majority of respondents were in General Schedule positions GS-13 and higher.

Sounds like they are worried someone on the outside figures out they don't do a God damn thing.

It has been figured out a very long time ago, but no one has yet figured out how to purge them from their job, but maybe Trump is the cure?

I will not vote for the guy but if he does win it will not change my life one way or the other...
It will if you ever have to go to any government vehicle license department or post office after President Trump kicks out the deadwood.
i will bet you danny if he gets in that wont happen.....just more campaign promises that will have excuses as to the why it could not be done.....
I dont think Trump promised anything like that.

you would have a "vastly" different opinion if you were out there delivering and hearing the "delivery" stories about the big 3....on the street a good letter carrier who has his own route has them all beat because we know everyone and they know us....

You're right, the view of the letter carrier is going to be different than that of the customer.

Still, some find a little tiny bit of value in the opinions of customers.

Oh, and of the 10 or so letter carriers who stuff my box with junk mail, none of them know me, nor do I know them. It's just someone in a golf cart putting ads for refinancing and solar into my mailbox.

So what matters is parcel delivery. I use Amazon a LOT. Free shipping is as you say, through US Mail. Which is why I said what I did, because if it is something I really want or need, I will go ahead and pay the FedEx fee, knowing it will be there when I need it and undamaged.

when UPS or Fed has package that that has a bad address they show it to the regular carrier,if someone moves and they are delivering to an empty house i will pick it up and see them on the route and give it back to them.....this kind of stuff happens quite a bit....

The union negotiates to ensure that jobs are only performed by those in the classification. It is absolutely the union that creates this bullshit.
Oh, and of the 10 or so letter carriers who stuff my box with junk mail, none of them know me, nor do I know them
i did say regular carrier did i not?....i thought i did anyway....
I will go ahead and pay the FedEx fee, knowing it will be there when I need it and undamaged.
like i said if you were on the street you would know they and UPS have just as many damaged parcels...
when you are on the outside looking in and believe all that shit you are fed i can see how you believe this.....the union has nothing to do with the regulations concerning the window clerks about the money they handle.....unless you are vetted and go through the classes they are sent to by the POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE....you dont touch the money drawers....

I dont think Trump promised anything like that.
some of these trump supporters think he will be able to do whatever he wants without anyone opposing him...getting rid of the dead weight will take him more than 4 years...

When you compare government bureaucracy to private business in operation styles and methods, you are really comparing apples to oranges. They h ave entirely different goals and means to them that prevents rational comparison.

So the goal is to waste my entire after-noon, and make everyone miserable, while people do nothing talking about what their going to do after wasting our time collecting their union wages, and going home?

And you want this same system in charge of health care?

Because USPS, does basically the same function as FedEx.... with the difference being my stuff shows up on time, and I'm in and out of the FedEx store in under 10 minutes.

The fact that it's an apples to oranges comparison is kind of MY point. I'm paying that union government employee out of my tax money, to treat me like I don't exist.

You are right... there is no comparison. That's why I want them all laid off, my taxes reduced, and I'll pay people who treat me well, for services I want.

Agreed. Last week I sent a dirty letter to the post office about their incompetent workers. I don't think delivering mail is that hard. Just match the name on the envelope to the name on the mailbox. They don't have anybody that can do that on a regular basis. Me and my tenants have to meet to exchange mail and sometimes we have to go several doors down to give those people their mail.

Do you think the PO did anything about the situation? Hell no. They didn't even respond to my e-mail. My neighbors and tenants had the same experience when they called our local post office and Post Master General.

Nobody cares. Why should they? Where else are you going to go? They have a monopoly and it's not legal for any private industry to deliver first class mail. It HAS to go through the post office.

The thing is, if the PO was under competition for business, they would have to fire their illiterate workers who can't do the job or lose their customers to a real business.

We have a few mail delivery issues out here too, but nothing like that, and I am on a semi-rural route. You should write tot he Inspector Generals office with your information as they are the ones set up to oversea this type of thing.

You might also try being civil in the letter too so people dont think you are just some lying jack ass.

They have no reason to believe that. On the form, they ask if you want to be contacted, I checked yes. They asked for my phone number and I gave it to them. They asked if I would want a meeting to resolve the problem and again, I checked yes. I even gave them my e-mail address.

Haven't heard from them since. Now if I were to lodge a similar complaint to UPS or FedEx, they would be contacting me the next day, I guarantee that.
ray one thing to do would be to talk to whoever is delivering your mail.....that person should be able to help you more than the phone calls.....on my route people talked to me first and they got results....phone calls are useless unless the person at the other end does their job right....talk to the carrier....

Well see, that's the problem with the PO. If I have a problem with Fed Ex or UPS, there is a 1-800 number to call and they get right on it. If you know anybody that works UPS, you'd find that their supervisors don't give them much room for error. It's a more serious thing with them and their employees know it.

My tenants called the PO office after the carrier once again gave them the wrong mail. In anger, my tenant asked "Don't you know how to read???" She just shrugged her shoulders as if it didn't matter to her, so he called the branch.

The next day, the same exact thing happened.

The point is, this doesn't happen in the private sector. I'm a truck driver, and if I took freight to the wrong company, that would be my second last time I would be able to make a mistake like that, and the only reason my boss would give me another chance is because I'm such a good driver and he doesn't want to lose me.

It's one thing to make a mistake; we all make mistakes. But it's quite another to do it repeatedly day after day and nobody does anything about it. We are almost helpless. The carrier doesn't care, the manager of the branch doesn't care, and even the Post Master General doesn't care. This is the way we do our job, and if you don't like it, too bad!

Now if we were to privatize the US mail, that would come to an end because the PO would have to compete against other companies. If people complained, they would have to do something about it or chance losing customers.

Lol I thought the same think! This headline almost made me switch my support.

So the goal is to waste my entire after-noon, and make everyone miserable, while people do nothing talking about what their going to do after wasting our time collecting their union wages, and going home?

And you want this same system in charge of health care?

Because USPS, does basically the same function as FedEx.... with the difference being my stuff shows up on time, and I'm in and out of the FedEx store in under 10 minutes.

The fact that it's an apples to oranges comparison is kind of MY point. I'm paying that union government employee out of my tax money, to treat me like I don't exist.

You are right... there is no comparison. That's why I want them all laid off, my taxes reduced, and I'll pay people who treat me well, for services I want.

Agreed. Last week I sent a dirty letter to the post office about their incompetent workers. I don't think delivering mail is that hard. Just match the name on the envelope to the name on the mailbox. They don't have anybody that can do that on a regular basis. Me and my tenants have to meet to exchange mail and sometimes we have to go several doors down to give those people their mail.

Do you think the PO did anything about the situation? Hell no. They didn't even respond to my e-mail. My neighbors and tenants had the same experience when they called our local post office and Post Master General.

Nobody cares. Why should they? Where else are you going to go? They have a monopoly and it's not legal for any private industry to deliver first class mail. It HAS to go through the post office.

The thing is, if the PO was under competition for business, they would have to fire their illiterate workers who can't do the job or lose their customers to a real business.

We have a few mail delivery issues out here too, but nothing like that, and I am on a semi-rural route. You should write tot he Inspector Generals office with your information as they are the ones set up to oversea this type of thing.

You might also try being civil in the letter too so people dont think you are just some lying jack ass.

They have no reason to believe that. On the form, they ask if you want to be contacted, I checked yes. They asked for my phone number and I gave it to them. They asked if I would want a meeting to resolve the problem and again, I checked yes. I even gave them my e-mail address.

Haven't heard from them since. Now if I were to lodge a similar complaint to UPS or FedEx, they would be contacting me the next day, I guarantee that.
ray one thing to do would be to talk to whoever is delivering your mail.....that person should be able to help you more than the phone calls.....on my route people talked to me first and they got results....phone calls are useless unless the person at the other end does their job right....talk to the carrier....

Well see, that's the problem with the PO. If I have a problem with Fed Ex or UPS, there is a 1-800 number to call and they get right on it. If you know anybody that works UPS, you'd find that their supervisors don't give them much room for error. It's a more serious thing with them and their employees know it.

My tenants called the PO office after the carrier once again gave them the wrong mail. In anger, my tenant asked "Don't you know how to read???" She just shrugged her shoulders as if it didn't matter to her, so he called the branch.

The point is, this doesn't happen in the private sector. I'm a truck driver, and if I took freight to the wrong company, that would be my second last time I would be able to make a mistake like that, and the only reason my boss would give me another chance is because I'm such a good driver and he doesn't want to lose me.

It's one thing to make a mistake; we all make mistakes. But it's quite another to do it repeatedly day after day and nobody does anything about it. We are almost helpless. The carrier doesn't care, the manager of the branch doesn't care, and even the Post Master General doesn't care. This is the way we do our job, and if you don't like it, too bad!

Now if we were to privatize the US mail, that would come to an end because the PO would have to compete against other companies. If people complained, they would have to do something about it or chance losing customers.
ray do you have a regular carrier on your route?....by that i mean the same person everyday?....and ray the PO does compete with other companies,see post 159........

ray do you have a regular carrier on your route?....by that i mean the same person everyday?....and ray the PO does compete with other companies,see post 159........

No they really don't. In fact I just placed an Amazon order and they gave me two options on who gets to deliver the package. And there is no competition for first class mail. Only the PO delivers that.

But our Fed Ex guy doesn't know me, neither does the UPS guy. They only come when you have a package delivered and they seem to do it correctly every time. And I don't know who our mail carrier is. I'm at work all day. It shouldn't be something I have to know.

I have never had a problem with the post office. They are dependable and hard working people. Like any other service things will go wrong now and then. I am not in any way shape or form for privatizing it to lower the wages of the workers. They aren't the enemy.

Forum List

Back