25% of Feds Would Consider Leaving Their Jobs if Trump Becomes President

I actually think this is a wonderful thing, but I will still never vote for Trump for president.

One in four federal workers would consider leaving their jobs if Trump were elected president, according to a new survey conducted by the Government Business Council, Government Executive Media Group’s research arm. About 14 percent of respondents said they would definitely consider leaving federal service under President Trump, while an additional 11 percent said they might. The findings indicate those leaving government would come from agencies' top ranks, as a majority of respondents were in General Schedule positions GS-13 and higher.

Is there a way to push that over 50%?

I have never had a problem with the post office. They are dependable and hard working people. Like any other service things will go wrong now and then. I am not in any way shape or form for privatizing it to lower the wages of the workers. They aren't the enemy.

Well with friends like the post office, who needs enemies?

I actually think this is a wonderful thing, but I will still never vote for Trump for president.

One in four federal workers would consider leaving their jobs if Trump were elected president, according to a new survey conducted by the Government Business Council, Government Executive Media Group’s research arm. About 14 percent of respondents said they would definitely consider leaving federal service under President Trump, while an additional 11 percent said they might. The findings indicate those leaving government would come from agencies' top ranks, as a majority of respondents were in General Schedule positions GS-13 and higher.

Is there a way to push that over 50%?
HELL YEAH..........I like that.................AGREE............

I have never had a problem with the post office. They are dependable and hard working people. Like any other service things will go wrong now and then. I am not in any way shape or form for privatizing it to lower the wages of the workers. They aren't the enemy.

We had our Post Office deliver one of our packages to the wrong address.....they told us they left notes but that was all they could do...we had to then take up the matter with the police.....nice.....

Luckily the people finally got off their asses and dropped off our package.....

We have a few mail delivery issues out here too, but nothing like that, and I am on a semi-rural route. You should write tot he Inspector Generals office with your information as they are the ones set up to oversea this type of thing.

You might also try being civil in the letter too so people dont think you are just some lying jack ass.

They have no reason to believe that. On the form, they ask if you want to be contacted, I checked yes. They asked for my phone number and I gave it to them. They asked if I would want a meeting to resolve the problem and again, I checked yes. I even gave them my e-mail address.

Haven't heard from them since. Now if I were to lodge a similar complaint to UPS or FedEx, they would be contacting me the next day, I guarantee that.
ray one thing to do would be to talk to whoever is delivering your mail.....that person should be able to help you more than the phone calls.....on my route people talked to me first and they got results....phone calls are useless unless the person at the other end does their job right....talk to the carrier....

Well see, that's the problem with the PO. If I have a problem with Fed Ex or UPS, there is a 1-800 number to call and they get right on it. If you know anybody that works UPS, you'd find that their supervisors don't give them much room for error. It's a more serious thing with them and their employees know it.

My tenants called the PO office after the carrier once again gave them the wrong mail. In anger, my tenant asked "Don't you know how to read???" She just shrugged her shoulders as if it didn't matter to her, so he called the branch.

The next day, the same exact thing happened.

The point is, this doesn't happen in the private sector. I'm a truck driver, and if I took freight to the wrong company, that would be my second last time I would be able to make a mistake like that, and the only reason my boss would give me another chance is because I'm such a good driver and he doesn't want to lose me.

It's one thing to make a mistake; we all make mistakes. But it's quite another to do it repeatedly day after day and nobody does anything about it. We are almost helpless. The carrier doesn't care, the manager of the branch doesn't care, and even the Post Master General doesn't care. This is the way we do our job, and if you don't like it, too bad!

Now if we were to privatize the US mail, that would come to an end because the PO would have to compete against other companies. If people complained, they would have to do something about it or chance losing customers.
ray do you have a regular carrier on your route?....by that i mean the same person everyday?....and ray the PO does compete with other companies,see post 159........

No they really don't. In fact I just placed an Amazon order and they gave me two options on who gets to deliver the package. And there is no competition for first class mail. Only the PO delivers that.

But our Fed Ex guy doesn't know me, neither does the UPS guy. They only come when you have a package delivered and they seem to do it correctly every time. And I don't know who our mail carrier is. I'm at work all day. It shouldn't be something I have to know.
... No they really don't. In fact I just placed an Amazon order and they gave me two options on who gets to deliver the package.
it may start out with someone else but if its from Amazon the PO will be delivering it,they call it "the last mile delivery".... .....remember they just gave the PO a billion dollar contract.....

And there is no competition for first class mail. Only the PO delivers that.
as it should be....if it was privatized there would still only be one company handling 1st class..... i would hope....

But our Fed Ex guy doesn't know me, neither does the UPS guy. They only come when you have a package delivered and they seem to do it correctly every time. And I don't know who our mail carrier is. I'm at work all day. It shouldn't be something I have to know.

well then i dont know what to tell you ray....get someone who is around to talk to the guy it sounds like your route is what they call an Auxillary route which has a different person just about everyday.....in other words the temporary workers....if they still have them,they did when i was still there....

i dont know if the wages would be lowered.....the UPS drivers made more per hour....Fed-x i think was a little lower......

We had our Post Office deliver one of our packages to the wrong address.....they told us they left notes but that was all they could do...we had to then take up the matter with the police.....nice.....

Luckily the people finally got off their asses and dropped off our package.....
you had them deliver it to the wrong address?...

Yeah, i see this going the way of all those Communist/Progressive nutters who vow to leave the country if a Republican is elected President. It never happens. They're whiny liars. And these people are lying too. They ain't hopping off that Taxpayer Gravy Train. It ain't gonna happen.

They have no reason to believe that. On the form, they ask if you want to be contacted, I checked yes. They asked for my phone number and I gave it to them. They asked if I would want a meeting to resolve the problem and again, I checked yes. I even gave them my e-mail address.

Haven't heard from them since. Now if I were to lodge a similar complaint to UPS or FedEx, they would be contacting me the next day, I guarantee that.
ray one thing to do would be to talk to whoever is delivering your mail.....that person should be able to help you more than the phone calls.....on my route people talked to me first and they got results....phone calls are useless unless the person at the other end does their job right....talk to the carrier....

Well see, that's the problem with the PO. If I have a problem with Fed Ex or UPS, there is a 1-800 number to call and they get right on it. If you know anybody that works UPS, you'd find that their supervisors don't give them much room for error. It's a more serious thing with them and their employees know it.

My tenants called the PO office after the carrier once again gave them the wrong mail. In anger, my tenant asked "Don't you know how to read???" She just shrugged her shoulders as if it didn't matter to her, so he called the branch.

The point is, this doesn't happen in the private sector. I'm a truck driver, and if I took freight to the wrong company, that would be my second last time I would be able to make a mistake like that, and the only reason my boss would give me another chance is because I'm such a good driver and he doesn't want to lose me.

It's one thing to make a mistake; we all make mistakes. But it's quite another to do it repeatedly day after day and nobody does anything about it. We are almost helpless. The carrier doesn't care, the manager of the branch doesn't care, and even the Post Master General doesn't care. This is the way we do our job, and if you don't like it, too bad!

Now if we were to privatize the US mail, that would come to an end because the PO would have to compete against other companies. If people complained, they would have to do something about it or chance losing customers.
ray do you have a regular carrier on your route?....by that i mean the same person everyday?....and ray the PO does compete with other companies,see post 159........

No they really don't. In fact I just placed an Amazon order and they gave me two options on who gets to deliver the package. And there is no competition for first class mail. Only the PO delivers that.

... No they really don't. In fact I just placed an Amazon order and they gave me two options on who gets to deliver the package.
it may start out with someone else but if its from Amazon the PO will be delivering it,they call it "the last mile delivery".... .....remember they just gave the PO a billion dollar contract.....

as it should be....if it was privatized there would still only be one company handling 1st class..... i would hope....

well then i dont know what to tell you ray....get someone who is around to talk to the guy it sounds like your route is what they call an Auxillary route which has a different person just about everyday.....in other words the temporary workers....if they still have them,they did when i was still there....

If first class mail was open to all comers, then the PO would go under. The reason there is no competition is the fact that it's against the law to compete with the PO, and that's the only reason. Many private deliver services that tried to compete with the PO were shut down by the government.

Let 25% leave and fire another 25%....it would still be bloated

Do you believe the government has more employees or fewer than it did 10, 20 or even 30 years ago?
Fewer in a much larger population. Hmmm. And in spite of all the bloviating above, Trump will take care of federal workers.

based on what evidence?
From the same sources the bloviators are making their opinions, out of thin air.

From the same sources the bloviators are making their opinions, out of thin air.

Oh look, fakey learned a new word, used it two posts in a row. Good for you fakey!

Let 25% leave and fire another 25%....it would still be bloated

Do you believe the government has more employees or fewer than it did 10, 20 or even 30 years ago?
Fewer in a much larger population. Hmmm. And in spite of all the bloviating above, Trump will take care of federal workers.

based on what evidence?

Oh look, fakey learned a new word, used it two posts in a row. Good for you fakey!
:lol: I am having fun with words, since you guys have nothing but your opinions.

If first class mail was open to all comers, then the PO would go under. The reason there is no competition is the fact that it's against the law to compete with the PO, and that's the only reason. Many private deliver services that tried to compete with the PO were shut down by the government.
first class mail would only be open for one company if it was open....otherwise you would have x amount of people with access to your mail box....so you would basically have the same thing.....one company handling it.....

Harry, it looks like they have phased that out in major metro areas. I mentioned before that my area hasn't had a regular carrier in the last 10 years. Here at work we have different people all the time as well. Due to our conversation yesterday, I stopped the girl dropping mail yesterday and she said she just goes where they tell her. Sounds like the carriers don't even know where they will be one day to the next.

Funny, we get the same UPS guy every time.

first class mail would only be open for one company if it was open....otherwise you would have x amount of people with access to your mail box....so you would basically have the same thing.....one company handling it.....

Your logic is flawed. Just as there is choice and competition in parcels, choice and competition for junk mail delivery would make for better service.

Promises promises. Do all those Communist/Progressive nutters leave the country when a Republican is elected President? They promise, but they never leave. And these folks aren't leaving either. Where are they gonna go? They gonna get real jobs?

These people better seriously think about it. Most cannot make it in the Private Sector. It's a different world. They would actually be held accountable. They better stay put. They got it made.

Harry, it looks like they have phased that out in major metro areas. I mentioned before that my area hasn't had a regular carrier in the last 10 years. Here at work we have different people all the time as well. Due to our conversation yesterday, I stopped the girl dropping mail yesterday and she said she just goes where they tell her. Sounds like the carriers don't even know where they will be one day to the next.

Funny, we get the same UPS guy every time.
then you are on an auxillary route.....i have the same guy all the time and the same relief carrier on his days off....i was on the same route for 10 years with the same relief girl all that time....

Your logic is flawed. Just as there is choice and competition in parcels, choice and competition for junk mail delivery would make for better service.
for junk mail?....you may not know this but one mailer tried delivering their and a few others "junk" on their own.....it was dropped on peoples driveways,the lawns,some never got it,etc....after a couple months of customers complaining it was back to the USPS.....Readers Digest tried their own thing too....didnt work to well...

Forum List

Back