2024 GOP Election

The Republicans are hypocrites and the people who actually wanted to see evidence that president Obama’s Birth place that supported senator cruz are a joke and, senator cruz would have continued the streak if it wasn’t for Trump! The Republicans are tools and they might as well listen to Liz Cheney because some Republicans who hates the establishment already know that Liz Cheney were in the maybe selection after the 5th time of mitt Romney

1,225 Days until the next Presidential Election and some GOP contenders are already jockeying for position. The piece above cites 3 possible candidates (Not counting Trump). Cotton, Haley and Pence.

Pence made a swing through California the other day gauging interest and giving speeches. Haley was in Iowa this past week.

"It’s been a similar tightrope act for Haley, Trump’s former ambassador to the United Nations and a former governor of South Carolina, who sharply criticized Trump after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot but has since largely avoided the subject."

My guess is Pence and Haley aren't going to be able to walk back their criticism of Trump. But if their names are on the ballot in the General Election, anyone who voted for Trump and votes in 2024 will vote for them.
DeSantis is the choice,

Haley and Pence are DOA...Why are they even bothering?

The party has gone populist and those two neocon derelicts are the oldest of old news.
Yep... the party that used to be called "Republican" is now wholly owned and operated by the Trump organization. ALL of the ones who shanked him as soon as they felt it was safe to do so, and that includes all three of these traitors, may as well save the time and effort. DeSantis, Noem, and a couple of others who vocally supported Trump are the ones in best position to win again.

Cruz will be in Iowa next month on August 28 to stump for Ashley Hinson.

Ted Cruz has no chance and all one has to do is point to how he became Trump bitch after Trump called Cruz dad a murderer and insulted Cruz wife while reminding people during the Texas Freeze Cruz was in Mexico…

1,225 Days until the next Presidential Election and some GOP contenders are already jockeying for position. The piece above cites 3 possible candidates (Not counting Trump). Cotton, Haley and Pence.

Pence made a swing through California the other day gauging interest and giving speeches. Haley was in Iowa this past week.

"It’s been a similar tightrope act for Haley, Trump’s former ambassador to the United Nations and a former governor of South Carolina, who sharply criticized Trump after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot but has since largely avoided the subject."

My guess is Pence and Haley aren't going to be able to walk back their criticism of Trump. But if their names are on the ballot in the General Election, anyone who voted for Trump and votes in 2024 will vote for them.
It’s funny how only radical leftwing shills like the OP bring up people like Nikki Haley and Pence as if they are even contenders. Wishful thinking on your part, Cornhole.

Someone is scared. Dumb leftist.

Could be trouble for DeSantis....

From the piece...

"DeSantis is currently running for a second term as governor in 2022 but is also visiting early primary voting states and taking other steps typical of a potential presidential candidate. His office did not respond to HuffPost’s queries about his approval of the 2019 bill.

That legislation DeSantis signed, House Bill 213, stated that every health care practitioner in the state “is required to report vaccination data to the immunization registry” upon giving a shot to a child “from birth to 17 years of age,” making that policy mandatory rather than voluntary. The bill also further expanded the registry to include college students up to age 23 and made reporting those immunizations mandatory as well."

While this sounds pretty level-headed to me; the GOP electorate isn't known for their calm demeanor to say the least.

This falls pretty much inline with GOP Governor (TX) Rick Perry's mandate that all girls (12-13 y/o) get a gardisil vaccination (3 shots).

Slate piece on Josh Hawley.

1636485772116.png

You've got to wonder what it is like to work in his office; the looks that staffers must trade when they hear him speak.

Pence is no good. He won't run. A lot of people are furious at him. I'm not, I think he had to rubberstamp that election, but he's so colorless!! A run by Pence is just sleep-inducing. The GOP can do way better than that, namely Abbott and DeSantis, if Trump doesn't run.

That will be a very interesting primary, but I am also interested in who the Dems will run.

I thought Joe would run again, but he'd be 82 ---- seems a stretch. 86 when his term ended. Not really likely to be doable. And Harris has a rock-bottom approval rate, not getting any better if she deals with our terrible border invasions by going to Europe to help with their border problems. That woman can't do anything right. I cannot see either Pence or Harris making VP runs at the presidency. So WHO, WHO will the Dems run??

I can't see any of those 3, Cotton, Pence of Haley primarying President Trump.

I think that someone on the Left Wing of the GOP- Kasich or Romney or Powell- having the guts to stand for office and challenge Donald J Trump in the primaries.
Aren't Kasich and Powell dead??

And Romney is a Mormon and has earned the hatred of all Trump fans, which means nearly all Republicans.

Pence is a very decent guy... He would bring an unusual amount of courtesy, decency and desperately needed measures of good behavior to the office. That probably means he doesn't have snowball's chance in hell unfortunately.

Jo
No. I don't say I wouldn't vote for Pence ---- I would certainly not vote for Maryland's Hogan, who has been running desperately, but I'll never support anything he does, the worthless mask-mandater. Also he's a never-Trumper. Horrible. I suppose he's really running for VP, but whatever, no vote from me.

It’s funny how only radical leftwing shills like the OP bring up people like Nikki Haley and Pence as if they are even contenders. Wishful thinking on your part, Cornhole.
Nikki Haley was, but like Senator Graham, she got upset about Jan. 6 and shot herself in the foot. I doubt any of those types can recover from that. We remember.

Aren't Kasich and Powell dead??

And Romney is a Mormon and has earned the hatred of all Trump fans, which means nearly all Republicans.

Kasich is still around, he is a contributor to the leftist media on CNN and/or MSNBC.

Powell was quite alive when I wrote that, although he has since attained room temperature.

Yep... the party that used to be called "Republican" is now wholly owned and operated by the Trump organization. ALL of the ones who shanked him as soon as they felt it was safe to do so, and that includes all three of these traitors, may as well save the time and effort. DeSantis, Noem, and a couple of others who vocally supported Trump are the ones in best position to win again.
Good. McCains were cowards. So were Romneys and Ryans. Time to STOP Democrats in their tracks. Not agree with those traitors.

Forum List

Back