2021, 8th warmest year on record

Done it often, but a person of your intellect simply cannot comprehend a real scientific article. See:

Hansen et al. 1981​

Hansen, J., D. Johnson, A. Lacis, S. Lebedeff, P. Lee, D. Rind, and G. Russell, 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide. Science, 213, 957-966, doi:10.1126/science.213.4511.957.

The global temperature rose 0.2°C between the middle 1960s and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980s. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

Hansen is a freakin' fraud, bub.

View attachment 582817

Now Toddster, what year did you drop out of grade school? The whole year does not consist of the peak month. 2020 tied 2016, so that puts 2021 just ahead of 2010. 1998 is not even in the top ten anymore.

You keep showing these graphs with incredibly short time frames. Global temperatures have been much hotter than these, as SCIENTISTS have proven. Not that real Science means much to Climate Cultists.

View attachment 582819

Can't you read your own graph?
Dumb ass, the little round dot at the top represents one month. There are 12 months in a year, in case you have forgotten. Now look as where the eleven dots surrounding the high one for 1998 are. Now compare those to the dots since 2015. I really did not expect you to be this stupid.

And December, 2021, in a strong La Nina year, is warmer than all but one month in the years preceding 1998. Warmer than the majority of years preceding 2016.

View attachment 582784

UAH Global Temperature Update for December, 2021: +0.21 deg. C.​

January 2nd, 2022 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.
The Version 6.0 global average lower tropospheric temperature (LT) anomaly for December, 2021 was +0.21 deg. C, up from the November, 2021 value of +0.08 deg. C.
The annual average anomaly for 2021 was +0.134 deg. C above the 30-year mean (1991-2020), which places it as the 8th warmest year in the 43 year satellite record, behind 2016, 2020, 1998, 2019, 2017,2010, and 2015.
Total bullshit. Coldest winter ever here.

You keep showing these graphs with incredibly short time frames. Global temperatures have been much hotter than these, as SCIENTISTS have proven. Not that real Science means much to Climate Cultists.
Such a sweet little idiot you are. Yes, for this kind of temperature movement, the time frame is incredibly short. In fact, much slower rates of change have in the past created major extinction events.

BartSimpson.jpg

Yesterday was Indian Summer here. This morning I got in my truck to run an errand before worship services, and I had a quarter inch coat of ice with frozen drops on top. I guess our 10-day forecast was a little off last week.

Our county weather monitors keep sending out alerts for a records cold snap here in the Bay Area - down into the 20s. That rarely happens in the inner bay.

Thanks for your good post. I decided I didn't want to talk about the weather because I'm so cold here my bones hurt so I erased it before heading upstairs for a nap. Old age is not for sissies. Be back when I'm better. Have a happy new year, boedicca. :thup:

Dumb ass, the little round dot at the top represents one month. There are 12 months in a year, in case you have forgotten. Now look as where the eleven dots surrounding the high one for 1998 are. Now compare those to the dots since 2015. I really did not expect you to be this stupid.

Now look as where the eleven dots surrounding the high one for 1998 are.

The ones that look higher than the dots in 2021? LOL!

And you are an idiot unable to read a simple graph. 2016 was significantly warmer than 1998. The dots are months. 1998 had a very steep spike, the months surrounding the peak of 2016 were quite warm. Damn, the Dunning-Kruger effect is so prevalent on this board.

Dummy, it isn't 2016. There is no warming since 1998 per the chart. Just a normal variance that we can not control.

There is no Magic Thermostat©.

Our county weather monitors keep sending out alerts for a records cold snap here in the Bay Area - down into the 20s. That rarely happens in the inner bay.
Y'all have had bad stuff for a couple of years. Fires in dry season twice, riots and decimated stores, cops beaten on their beats every week somewhere in the cities with millions of dollars of police cars overturned, whacked and shot at, crazy people running their cars through store windows, seniors beaten and robbed, and the list goes on of riot details. I read the USGS Earthquake page and there have been temblors over 4.0 on the Richter scales on and offshore last week. And I heard citizens of many years are packing and leaving to escape the most dangerous areas.

So prayers up for all who remain in California. :hands: Stay safe, dear friend. A lot of people care about you. :huddle:

Y'all have had bad stuff for a couple of years. Fires in dry season twice, riots and decimated stores, cops beaten on their beats every week somewhere in the cities with millions of dollars of police cars overturned, whacked and shot at, crazy people running their cars through store windows, seniors beaten and robbed, and the list goes on of riot details. I read the USGS Earthquake page and there have been temblors over 4.0 on the Richter scales on and offshore last week. And I heard citizens of many years are packing and leaving to escape the most dangerous areas.

So prayers up for all who remain in California. :hands: Stay safe, dear friend. A lot of people care about you. :huddle:

Thank you, my dear friend. There are a lot of us native and near native Californians who are heartsick over what has become of our home. I'm staying because of family for now.

Thank you, my dear friend. There are a lot of us native and near native Californians who are heartsick over what has become of our home. I'm staying because of family for now.
My heart is with you. I lived in southern cal 5 years. They had a Giacometti exhibit when I visited the fine arts museum. Wow. Just wow. Also got to see a show at Groman's Chinese Theater (Spelling?), I sat directly behind Andy Williams and didn't know it until my art group was leaving the theater. We had the shakes one day in Alta Loma, where I attended Chaffey College. And one of my best friends invited me to spend the night at her parent's home in the middle of a lemon grove. And I got to see the original cast playing "The Fantastics" play that was unlike anything I've ever seen before or since. Visited Disney Land and fell in love with the Tiki Room and it's hilarious show. Our house was on the banks of the lake in Elsinore, and it had the most beautiful, huge Eucalyptus Tree in the world there. It was so big you could take a nap on one of its lower branches if you'd call them that, they were so huge um, ahm, spacious. :biggrin: You have a fabulous state there. I'm sorry they're so mean to regular people whose earlier generations settled there these days of political arrows aimed at targets unknown.

Forum List

Back