2016 is Going to Be A Game Changer

My candidate is either Cruz or Paul so it pains me to say 2016 is going to hurt the conservative cause. I think the Dems grab the Presidency, senate and house.

President: the way the electoral colleges add up it is nearly impossible for a Rep to. That's a fact. Take a popular candidate like Clinton and no Rep has a chance.

House: it is always up for grabs and they always do better in presidential years.

Senate: The Dems have 10 seats up and the reps 24. Many are vulnerable like IL, PA and NH.

We can only hope something's remain the untouched.

I think Republicans will keep the House, only because they have such a huge advantage in the make up of the districts. Democratic candidates won about 52% of the congressional ballot in 2012 and Republicans still won by a large margin. It is estimated that Dems would need around 58% of the congressional ballot to win the House, and that is highly unlikely. As for the Senate and White House, I think you are on track. Republicans need a perfect trip to win the White House, and I just don't see it happening. It is going to continue to get more and more difficult for Republicans to win the White House just based on changing demographics.

We were a better country when we could work together and do something constructive. Now we have too loon parties with the extremes of each running things.

We can't cut and we can't make it anymore more gay...Understand?

This may be the way you see it. I see it as the loons running the Republican Party, but not so much the Democratic Party. Cons love painting Obama as super liberal, but he has not governed as a super liberal, not at all. Obamacare was a Republican plan to begin with, even though Republicans hate it. If it had been them that put it through, they would be telling us how great it is. Obama has not raised taxes in any significant way. He really has not done anything "liberal". He is definitely not Bernie Sanders. As for Hillary, who will almost certainly be the Democratic nominee, she is far from being far left. She is slightly more left of center than Bill was, and he wasn't far from center.

As for social agendas that have gone through giving gays the rights they should have had all along, that really was just a matter of time and the majority of Americans actually do support gays having the right to marry. It's not forcing Christian churches to marry gays in their church if they do not want to. What Republicans need to do is give up the social agenda and concentrate on the fiscal agenda without beating up poor people. It is astonishingly funny to see that the top 20% have 93% of all the wealth int this country, and the bottom 80% have only 7% of the total wealth. Out of that 80%, the bottom 15% gets bashed mercilessly for receiving government aid because they can't put food on the table. Who has the wool pulled over their eyes? It certainly is not those who defend poor people.

You might win if you ran on maintaining our infrastructure, our science institutions, r&d and reforming education. Right now, all you're doing is saying that we don't need none of them. People aren't going to support you while you promise a third world country for our future.

SEI_zpsvxenvshn.jpg

We were a better country when we could work together and do something constructive. Now we have too loon parties with the extremes of each running things.

We can't cut and we can't make it anymore more gay...Understand?

Newt Gingrich and Tom Delay marked the beginning of our current division, and the decline of morality and integrity by the right. I miss an honorable right wing, and hope it will eventually return.

Without even worrying about which candidates will actually be in the general election, there is no question that the electoral math leans heavily in the Democratic Party's favor, as do the 2016 Senate elections.

Wait for the huger flops to follow the flops alrdy in the bag.............she's a stiff rich white bitch nobody likes........and then the endless lies.........great candidate.........how I long for the return of the moral left

Last edited:
You might win if you ran on maintaining our infrastructure, our science institutions, r&d and reforming education. Right now, all you're doing is saying that we don't need none of them. People aren't going to support you while you promise a third world country for our future.

SEI_zpsvxenvshn.jpg

Says the Isis member that wants to ban science, destroy infrastructure and doesn't give a damn about the success of this country. People like you on the far right are slowly destroying this nations ability to compete. You're the nut!

Republicans need a perfect trip to win the White House, and I just don't see it happening. It is going to continue to get more and more difficult for Republicans to win the White House just based on changing demographics.

Agree........My own personal theory is that the only way that republicans have won the WH in the last 30 years or so, is due to the TX and FL electoral votes; with the rising Latino/Hispanic population in those 2 states and the dying white male, evangelical voters in those same states........the GOP will not see the oval office for the next 2 or more decades.

Alienating virtually all minorities, most sane women, gays and lesbians, unions, etc. republicans have dug their own grave.

As I posted before, the GOP will need to defend 24 senate seats......and winning only 4 or 5 of those will hand over the majority to the Dems......

As I posted before, the GOP will need to defend 24 senate seats......and winning only 4 or 5 of those will hand over the majority to the Dems......

....and let me just add that the difference between the 4 vs. 5 is IF the WH, (therefore the VP slot) is not in Dems. hands; a simpler way of putting it is that since the Dems are almost certain to win the WH, ONLY 4 of the 24 senate seats currently held by republicans, need to switch for a Dem majority in the senate.

I'm far, FAR, from a Hillary fan and the DNC could have done much better with a younger and less tainted candidate.......However, Hillary CANNOT be beaten by ANY on the cadre of GOP candidates; that is not a partisan opinion....but just a statistical fact........that stated, the senate will also revert to the Dems. with, hopefully, someone else at the helm rather than Reid.

I'm far, FAR, from a Hillary fan and the DNC could have done much better with a younger and less tainted candidate.......However, Hillary CANNOT be beaten by ANY on the cadre of GOP candidates; that is not a partisan opinion....but just a statistical fact........that stated, the senate will also revert to the Dems. with, hopefully, someone else at the helm rather than Reid.

Reid already said he's retiring. Schumer will most likely be the Dem majority/minority leader in 2017.

Forum List

Back