2012 NBA Playoffs

Now
I picked Miami, but I thought 6 games, if Lebron could put his game together he is like Jordan, he is tough to beat.

Battier, Chalmers, Miller, Haslem, not a bad support team.

OKC had James Collison, Sefolosha, James Harden, Derek Fisher, Nazir Mohammed all on the bench, Battier and Chalmers were starting for the Heat. The Heat relied heavily on their superstars and they won with it. Now people are going to want to join the Heat like crazy, word on the street is Steve Nash, Ray Allen and Jason Terry are looking to head to South Beach. If this happens, Miami will win the next 2 championships easily.

Yep, and so the go. Everyone wants to retire a champion. If the Celts were the team everyone was flocking to, you wouldn't complain. When Garnett and Allen joined the Celts, I thought they would win 3-4 championships, we're you complaining about the Celts having to much talent?

The Celtics could have gotten at least another championship if they weren't so injured all the time. What can I say, I been angry and bitter ever since they got bumped a few weeks ago, and now I read that Kevin Garnett might retire, its probably for the best, its time to rebuild.
Now you have Isaiah Thomas and first pick in the draft

I think the Spurs are boring and hope it isn't them who wins it all this year.

Did you forget Dallas? They may have a repeat in them but I doubt it. Its tough to do.

The Lakers. I was starting to think maybe them and then Meta World Piece of Shit punched that guy on Oklahoma and now I don't think so. And Bynum is an asshole too. Bad Karma on this team. No championship, I hope. But you never know with Kobe. He is great.

I think it is amazing that the Heat are probably not going to win again this year. I think it is a better story that Lebron still doesn't have a ring. I'm sure Cleveland fans agree.

Boston? Good but no way. But man is Rondo the bomb or what?

NY? I wish. I don't know why I want them to be good. NY is a big market and should be good. Spike Lee vs. Jack Nicholson finals would be great! Maybe next year when Lin is back.

I want Oklahoma to win and picked them earlier this year but now I'm not so sure. They are showing weaknessess all of the sudden. But I LOVE Durant. He's the best, not Lebron. And of course I mean when Kobe retires. Because he's still the best.

It would be cool if the Bulls won. But I just don't see that happening. They have to win one to win me over. But they are a solid TEAM and they have Rip Hamilton now too. Man what would Miami do if the Bulls beat them? OMG. I can't wait.

-- I'm sure people can say baseball's boring if it's not the Yankees and Dodgers or Red Sox and Mets in the World Series. I don't really like those arguments, but I understand them.

Just like a baseball enthusiast just prefers to see quality baseball irregardless of the teams; that's how I feel about the Spurs. Give me the 86 Celts to any Jordan team any day. I like the teams that gel perfectly and have all the pieces. It's a thing of beauty.

-- Dallas would have a great shot at back to back had Mark Cuban not got cheap and resigned Tyson Chandler. It was stupid. He was the defensive anchor. Not signing him made about as much sense as it would to not keep Dirk for his offense.

-- The Lakers can beat anyone but they're not a great team. They'll be done in one of the first two rounds most likely.

-- I love Lebron's skill set. But I don't like his attitude. I don't like that the league panders to him. I'd be happy to see him lose despite my appreciation for his athletic abilities.

All season long, I've watched him drive and offensive foul by plowing his shoulder into players. The refs let him do it and its a disservice to him b/c he doesn't think he has to work on his mid range game. That type of stuff can hurt him come playoff time.

-- Boston has the best record since the all-star break I believe. They're playing at a championship level and it's b/c Avery Bradley is a lockdown defender and solid scorer at SG. Ray Allen moved to the bench. They have what it takes. Rondo and Bradley will have to do heavy lifting and Pierce and KG will need to be vintage down the stretch of games though.

-- NY would be more interesting if they had Lin. Basically, the Howardless Magic are the only playoff team that sucks more than they do though. I'll be happy if they get a quick hook. Then again, I'd be happy if they beat the Heat.

-- Like I said, I'm not a Bulls fan but watch them. They're like the Spurs of the East. They play together on both ends of the court and they have the pieces. Their lack of low post game would hurt them if they were in the west; but since they're in the east they can get away with it.
Didn't I say Durant would win a championship? Ok sure it's 5 years later but better late than never
Wow I mean congratulations Durant, you're gonna win a championship on a team full of the best players in the league

The Heat can't be beat if Labron plays with the passion he is now.

How 'bout them clutch free throws he made at the end of game 2 to seal the deal??

The Thunder should have already known the blueprint b/c Dallas showed them. Clog the lane on any drives and make LBJ/Wade and the role players have to beat you with outside shots. James is getting to the hoop way to easily right now.

The Thunder doesn't have any players the size of James. His size alone makes it hard to keep him away from the hoop.
And this year it's Durant that's causing the Cavs so much trouble

Did you forget Dallas? They may have a repeat in them but I doubt it. Its tough to do.

The Lakers. I was starting to think maybe them and then Meta World Piece of Shit punched that guy on Oklahoma and now I don't think so. And Bynum is an asshole too. Bad Karma on this team. No championship, I hope. But you never know with Kobe. He is great.

I think it is amazing that the Heat are probably not going to win again this year. I think it is a better story that Lebron still doesn't have a ring. I'm sure Cleveland fans agree.

NY? I wish. I don't know why I want them to be good. NY is a big market and should be good. Spike Lee vs. Jack Nicholson finals would be great! Maybe next year when Lin is back.

I want Oklahoma to win and picked them earlier this year but now I'm not so sure. They are showing weaknessess all of the sudden. But I LOVE Durant. He's the best, not Lebron. And of course I mean when Kobe retires. Because he's still the best.

It would be cool if the Bulls won. But I just don't see that happening. They have to win one to win me over. But they are a solid TEAM and they have Rip Hamilton now too. Man what would Miami do if the Bulls beat them? OMG. I can't wait.

-- I'm sure people can say baseball's boring if it's not the Yankees and Dodgers or Red Sox and Mets in the World Series. I don't really like those arguments, but I understand them.

Just like a baseball enthusiast just prefers to see quality baseball irregardless of the teams; that's how I feel about the Spurs. Give me the 86 Celts to any Jordan team any day. I like the teams that gel perfectly and have all the pieces. It's a thing of beauty.

-- Dallas would have a great shot at back to back had Mark Cuban not got cheap and resigned Tyson Chandler. It was stupid. He was the defensive anchor. Not signing him made about as much sense as it would to not keep Dirk for his offense.

-- The Lakers can beat anyone but they're not a great team. They'll be done in one of the first two rounds most likely.

-- I love Lebron's skill set. But I don't like his attitude. I don't like that the league panders to him. I'd be happy to see him lose despite my appreciation for his athletic abilities.

All season long, I've watched him drive and offensive foul by plowing his shoulder into players. The refs let him do it and its a disservice to him b/c he doesn't think he has to work on his mid range game. That type of stuff can hurt him come playoff time.

-- Boston has the best record since the all-star break I believe. They're playing at a championship level and it's b/c Avery Bradley is a lockdown defender and solid scorer at SG. Ray Allen moved to the bench. They have what it takes. Rondo and Bradley will have to do heavy lifting and Pierce and KG will need to be vintage down the stretch of games though.

-- NY would be more interesting if they had Lin. Basically, the Howardless Magic are the only playoff team that sucks more than they do though. I'll be happy if they get a quick hook. Then again, I'd be happy if they beat the Heat.

-- Like I said, I'm not a Bulls fan but watch them. They're like the Spurs of the East. They play together on both ends of the court and they have the pieces. Their lack of low post game would hurt them if they were in the west; but since they're in the east they can get away with it.
Didn't I say Durant would win a championship? Ok sure it's 5 years later but better late than never
Wow I mean congratulations Durant, you're gonna win a championship on a team full of the best players in the league
Without him they might not win.

And he's going to be MVP.

Dude, without him MOST teams wouldn't win. That's not any kind of excuse. I keep hearing pundits saying a ring will finally get him the recognition of being one of the best ever. I don't see how. All he did was just move on to a team where he didn't have to do nearly as much to win games anymore. I would say that does exactly the opposite for his legacy

Dude, without him MOST teams wouldn't win. That's not any kind of excuse. I keep hearing pundits saying a ring will finally get him the recognition of being one of the best ever. I don't see how. All he did was just move on to a team where he didn't have to do nearly as much to win games anymore. I would say that does exactly the opposite for his legacy
Then say that about Shaq who left Orlando. Or Garnett who left his team or LeBron who left Cleveland.

Had Cleveland added a 6'11 guy who can shoot the 3 and give you 5 blocks maybe they'd be winning.

I know what you're saying but I don't think this takes away from his greatness. There are a lot of great players I'll never know because their team never helps them win a championship team.

This isn't Alonzo mourning winning a ring on Miami's bench. Durant so far is the MVP and he's playing like he's the goat

None of those 3 examples you gave were on a team that was already a championship contender before they left. If Durant hadn't choked on his own cock okc would've been in the finals and probably given the cavs a much better matchup issue and could've won. He made the ultimate pussy move and went to what was nothing other than a sure thing. I give him no credit for that. When lebron did it I didn't really have a problem with it other than HOW he did it with the decision. But he came back and redeemed. If Durant goes back to okc I'll give him the same props I gave to lebron for coming back. But by that point I seriously doubt Westbrook will still be there so if they want him back they're gonna have to entice him with some talent the way Cleveland did

So the Lakers with Worthy, Magic, Jabbar, Scott and Rambis did it with inferior players? And Jordan, Pippen, Paxton, Rodman, those weren't the best players on a team? Last year the Cavs had James, Love and Irving. In Miami Bosh, James and Wade were the best group in the league. If Durant didn't go to the Warriors and James and company won it all, would you dismiss their championship?

The Cavs need to play like the '90's Detroit Pistons, if they're going to have any chance at all. They need to get physical and go the "full Laimbeer" on the Warriors.

The Cavs need to put Durants ass on the floor!

More than once. In fact, to set the tone, they should get a technical foul before the center jump to start the game.

So the Lakers with Worthy, Magic, Jabbar, Scott and Rambis did it with inferior players? And Jordan, Pippen, Paxton, Rodman, those weren't the best players on a team? Last year the Cavs had James, Love and Irving. In Miami Bosh, James and Wade were the best group in the league. If Durant didn't go to the Warriors and James and company won it all, would you dismiss their championship?
Aren't pretty much all of the examples you just gave, players that were original members of said team other than maybe rodman and love? I don't have any problem at all with a franchise building a super team from the ground up though the draft. What I have a problem with is guys taking the easy way out and just signing with a super team because it's a guaranteed ring. The whole point of the ring being as special as it is, is that its NOT guaranteed

The Cavs need to put Durants ass on the floor!

More than once. In fact, to set the tone, they should get a technical foul before the center jump to start the game.
Couldn't agree more. The mental game is sometimes just as important as the physical one

Aren't pretty much all of the examples you just gave, players that were original members of said team other than maybe rodman and love? I don't have any problem at all with a franchise building a super team from the ground up though the draft. What I have a problem with is guys taking the easy way out and just signing with a super team because it's a guaranteed ring. The whole point of the ring being as special as it is, is that its NOT guaranteed
It's also hard to keep a super team together. Klay Thompson is not going to keep being the 4th banana in that offense.

Green has proven it's easy to get under his skin and get him to fuck up. Exploit that shit.

People who defend what Durant did don't understand how much this is ruining the game. You can basically pencil the warriors in for the trophy for the next 4 or 5 years. The only way anyone can have a shot is if they also build themselves a super team. That's really what basketball fans want to see? Even before Durant's move there was maybe 4 teams max you would even bother considering as contenders. It's at the point now where literally the only reason they even play the regular season is so owners can make some money. But anyone who knows anything realizes it's a complete waste of time because the final 4 teams were exactly who was predicted to be there from day 1. Lebron knows it, that's why they played so-so in a lot of games this season and why so many guys are taking games off. The only time it really matters is playoff time. It's kinda pathetic

It's also hard to keep a super team together. Klay Thompson is not going to keep being the 4th banana in that offense.
Losing klay Thompson would barely make a dent in that team's prowess at this point. Neither curry or Durant are going anywhere anytime soon. Green may look to move though because he could be a number 1 on a lot of teams but even losing him wouldn't do much to keep that team out of the finals on a perrenial basis

Losing klay Thompson would barely make a dent in that team's prowess at this point. Neither curry or Durant are going anywhere anytime soon. Green may look to move though because he could be a number 1 on a lot of teams but even losing him wouldn't do much to keep that team out of the finals on a perrenial basis
Jerry West is going to be a consultant to the Clippers. He says he can build another super team down here.

Drexler went to Houston to get a ring, Thompson went to LA to get a ring, Walton went to Boston for the ring, Karl Malone went to LA to get a ring. Before free agency Jabber, Monroe and Chamberlin all demanded to be traded to get their rings.

Moses Malone, the league MVP in 82 went to the NBA champion Philadelphia 76ers the following season.

The NBA is littered with players that left to improve their odds of winning it all.

James, Bosh and Wade colluded to go to Miami to win championships.

Green will never be the #1 guy on a NBA contender, neither will Thompson.

Forum List

Back