2012 NBA Playoffs

The Thunder should have already known the blueprint b/c Dallas showed them. Clog the lane on any drives and make LBJ/Wade and the role players have to beat you with outside shots. James is getting to the hoop way to easily right now.

To be fair this is Kevin Durant and the Thunders first playoff series where they are playing against the refs, its hard for a younger team to deal with that.

Westbrook dribbled the damn ball off his foot with 4 minutes left and a chance to put in the dagger. With the Thunder down 3 with a minute lef, instead of Westbrook looking for a drive or Durant he threw it to Sefolosha for the semi contested three? That's mind boggling. And then somewhere around that time, you have him taking another 3 that gets blocked by Wade. Yes, Stern is an a-hole and frankly he's driving away the purists from the game (who are on the fringe). But the Thunder still had their chances and they blew it. It's a total shame that the Spurs weren't playing this series. They wouldn't have let the Heat off the hook like that.

Well I haven't been watching the games but this series seems like a dud to me, everyone was all excited about this Miami/OKC Finals and now it looks like it will be over in 5 games, what a joke. A Boston/San Antonio Finals would have been much more exciting and alot more closely contested than this crap. The Thunder are a young team and this is their first finals they will make mistakes like this, frankly I liked the Celtics chances against OKC, call me crazy, I think we could have surprised them.

The Thunder should have already known the blueprint b/c Dallas showed them. Clog the lane on any drives and make LBJ/Wade and the role players have to beat you with outside shots. James is getting to the hoop way to easily right now.

To be fair this is Kevin Durant and the Thunders first playoff series where they are playing against the refs, its hard for a younger team to deal with that.

Damn straight about playing the refs. If we get within 2 feet of James, we get a foul called on us. James made the claim the other day that he doesn't get into foul trouble because he doesn't foul. Sorry Lebron, the replay tells the story. You don't get fouls called on you because you are Lebron.

Welcome to the world that Boston has been living in for the last 3 years, we had to play 5 on 8 during the Finals in 2010 and against Miami during the last 2 years. Its not impossible to beat the refs but its very difficult in close games when their not calling fouls on the other team and their letting Lebron knock over people on the way to the rim, like I said this is the Thunders first time ever playing a series where the refs are against them, and it is very, very difficult.

OKC looks like lambs to the slaughter. Not only are Stern's thugs not letting them play, but the Heat are sinking every three they throw up.

Congrats Stern, you win again.

I watched 0 minutes of Game 1, 7 minutes of game 2, 9 minutes of game 3, 12 minutes of game 4, 0 minutes of game 5. I knew this series was a sham. I'm not going to reward Stern's unfairness. Unfortunately though, the average NBA fan is a dumbass and they're getting exactly what they want. That's the world we live in. Why should the NBA be any different?

Game 5 refs: Derrick Stafford , Dan Crawford , Monty Mccutchen

All three are totally company men. Stern did not want that thing going back to OKC.

I watched 0 minutes of Game 1, 7 minutes of game 2, 9 minutes of game 3, 12 minutes of game 4, 0 minutes of game 5. I knew this series was a sham. I'm not going to reward Stern's unfairness. Unfortunately though, the average NBA fan is a dumbass and they're getting exactly what they want. That's the world we live in. Why should the NBA be any different?

The fans were so stupid, they actually expected this Heat/Thunder fiasco to be competitive and go 7 games, instead it was as one sided as you can get. This whole Finals was a huge joke built by design to ensure Lebrons first championship.

And of course if the Celtics were to have won the thing, the. It would not have been a set up.

The Heat had Lebron, a guy who elevated his game for the first time in the finals, Wade, who has been there and played well, then you put Bosh, then the supporting cast, this team is good. Three of the best four players were on the Heat and I hate the fact that The Heat won, I can't stand them, but the team is loaded and other than Durant and Westbrook, the Thunder were overmatched in a lot of ways.

On to next year and I hope two different teams are in the finals.

And of course if the Celtics were to have won the thing, the. It would not have been a set up.

The Heat had Lebron, a guy who elevated his game for the first time in the finals, Wade, who has been there and played well, then you put Bosh, then the supporting cast, this team is good. Three of the best four players were on the Heat and I hate the fact that The Heat won, I can't stand them, but the team is loaded and other than Durant and Westbrook, the Thunder were overmatched in a lot of ways.

On to next year and I hope two different teams are in the finals.

The Thunder had a much better cast of role players though, thats why alot of people were putting them ahead of Miami. I thought this would at least go 6 games.

I picked Miami, but I thought 6 games, if Lebron could put his game together he is like Jordan, he is tough to beat.

Battier, Chalmers, Miller, Haslem, not a bad support team.

I picked Miami, but I thought 6 games, if Lebron could put his game together he is like Jordan, he is tough to beat.

OKC had James Collison, Sefolosha, James Harden, Derek Fisher, Nazir Mohammed all on the bench, Battier and Chalmers were starting for the Heat. The Heat relied heavily on their superstars and they won with it. Now people are going to want to join the Heat like crazy, word on the street is Steve Nash, Ray Allen and Jason Terry are looking to head to South Beach. If this happens, Miami will win the next 2 championships easily.

Lebron is even tougher to beat when refs look the other way on his fouls. True story! :thup:

You don't have to tell me twice, the Celtics have been fighting the refs for years.

OKC had James Collison, Sefolosha, James Harden, Derek Fisher, Nazir Mohammed all on the bench, Battier and Chalmers were starting for the Heat. The Heat relied heavily on their superstars and they won with it. Now people are going to want to join the Heat like crazy, word on the street is Steve Nash, Ray Allen and Jason Terry are looking to head to South Beach. If this happens, Miami will win the next 2 championships easily.

Yep, and so the go. Everyone wants to retire a champion. If the Celts were the team everyone was flocking to, you wouldn't complain. When Garnett and Allen joined the Celts, I thought they would win 3-4 championships, we're you complaining about the Celts having to much talent?

Yep, and so the go. Everyone wants to retire a champion. If the Celts were the team everyone was flocking to, you wouldn't complain. When Garnett and Allen joined the Celts, I thought they would win 3-4 championships, we're you complaining about the Celts having to much talent?

The Celtics could have gotten at least another championship if they weren't so injured all the time. What can I say, I been angry and bitter ever since they got bumped a few weeks ago, and now I read that Kevin Garnett might retire, its probably for the best, its time to rebuild.

The Celtics could have gotten at least another championship if they weren't so injured all the time. What can I say, I been angry and bitter ever since they got bumped a few weeks ago, and now I read that Kevin Garnett might retire, its probably for the best, its time to rebuild.

I'm a Blazer fan, we are back to rebuilding after the Oden, Roy issues. So I'm not feeling to bad for you. A lot of teams would have like to have been in the Celtics position.

I'm a Blazer fan, we are back to rebuilding after the Oden, Roy issues. So I'm not feeling to bad for you. A lot of teams would have like to have been in the Celtics position.

Its a shame, Garnett, Pierce and Allen really deserved 1 more championship before they retired, but thats life I guess.

Its a shame, Garnett, Pierce and Allen really deserved 1 more championship before they retired, but thats life I guess.

They really could have three peated. KG's knee injury really just made it so much harder.

They really could have three peated. KG's knee injury really just made it so much harder.

They were fucking robbed in 2010, those refs might as well have been wearing purple and gold.

I think the Spurs are boring and hope it isn't them who wins it all this year.

Did you forget Dallas? They may have a repeat in them but I doubt it. Its tough to do.

The Lakers. I was starting to think maybe them and then Meta World Piece of Shit punched that guy on Oklahoma and now I don't think so. And Bynum is an asshole too. Bad Karma on this team. No championship, I hope. But you never know with Kobe. He is great.

I think it is amazing that the Heat are probably not going to win again this year. I think it is a better story that Lebron still doesn't have a ring. I'm sure Cleveland fans agree.

Boston? Good but no way. But man is Rondo the bomb or what?

NY? I wish. I don't know why I want them to be good. NY is a big market and should be good. Spike Lee vs. Jack Nicholson finals would be great! Maybe next year when Lin is back.

I want Oklahoma to win and picked them earlier this year but now I'm not so sure. They are showing weaknessess all of the sudden. But I LOVE Durant. He's the best, not Lebron. And of course I mean when Kobe retires. Because he's still the best.

It would be cool if the Bulls won. But I just don't see that happening. They have to win one to win me over. But they are a solid TEAM and they have Rip Hamilton now too. Man what would Miami do if the Bulls beat them? OMG. I can't wait.

-- I'm sure people can say baseball's boring if it's not the Yankees and Dodgers or Red Sox and Mets in the World Series. I don't really like those arguments, but I understand them.

Just like a baseball enthusiast just prefers to see quality baseball irregardless of the teams; that's how I feel about the Spurs. Give me the 86 Celts to any Jordan team any day. I like the teams that gel perfectly and have all the pieces. It's a thing of beauty.

-- Dallas would have a great shot at back to back had Mark Cuban not got cheap and resigned Tyson Chandler. It was stupid. He was the defensive anchor. Not signing him made about as much sense as it would to not keep Dirk for his offense.

-- The Lakers can beat anyone but they're not a great team. They'll be done in one of the first two rounds most likely.

-- I love Lebron's skill set. But I don't like his attitude. I don't like that the league panders to him. I'd be happy to see him lose despite my appreciation for his athletic abilities.

All season long, I've watched him drive and offensive foul by plowing his shoulder into players. The refs let him do it and its a disservice to him b/c he doesn't think he has to work on his mid range game. That type of stuff can hurt him come playoff time.

-- Boston has the best record since the all-star break I believe. They're playing at a championship level and it's b/c Avery Bradley is a lockdown defender and solid scorer at SG. Ray Allen moved to the bench. They have what it takes. Rondo and Bradley will have to do heavy lifting and Pierce and KG will need to be vintage down the stretch of games though.

-- NY would be more interesting if they had Lin. Basically, the Howardless Magic are the only playoff team that sucks more than they do though. I'll be happy if they get a quick hook. Then again, I'd be happy if they beat the Heat.

-- Like I said, I'm not a Bulls fan but watch them. They're like the Spurs of the East. They play together on both ends of the court and they have the pieces. Their lack of low post game would hurt them if they were in the west; but since they're in the east they can get away with it.
Didn't I say Durant would win a championship? Ok sure it's 5 years later but better late than never

Forum List

Back