2 1/2 hours....i will never get back!

Many good books translate horribly to the big screen. I did enjoy the play. No plans to see the movie however. Sounds dreadful.

I tell ya...i was Les Misérable myself watching that damn boring long thing!

I love the book.... and do not for the life of me understand why... WHY this thing is a broadway smash. The music... SUCKED!

oh jeeze... that's how i felt when i saw the show on broadway. i had my husband whispering in my ear the whole time, "is it over yet"?

it had one good song.

Thank god i am not the only girl who hated it!!! :tongue: what can i say... we both have good taste. Hell... i was whispering to my self.... "is it over yet?"

Hugo is rolling over in his grave!

might be!

i loved the book, though.

I cant imagine the play being much different then the movie.

A movie is a just a motion picture. A Broadway show is an event; from getting the tickets to dressing appropriately to dining at a fine restaurant and the live performance.

I would not enjoy watching a movie of a show that I saw on Broadway.

LOL.... im up for all of that.... just leave out the theater... unless its a :tongue: I tell ya, theater does nothing for me. I prefer movies.

opera, ballet, symphony.... im up for all of that, just not actors on a stage.

To me the production, while the main aspect of the event, is simply a part of the whole. Saw a couple of dramas on Broadway, they were interesting, but, not entertaining. I do not want to think, I want to be entertained.

A movie is a just a motion picture. A Broadway show is an event; from getting the tickets to dressing appropriately to dining at a fine restaurant and the live performance.

LOL.... im up for all of that.... just leave out the theater... unless its a :tongue: I tell ya, theater does nothing for me. I prefer movies.

To me the production, while the main aspect of the event, is simply a part of the whole. Saw a couple of dramas on Broadway, they were interesting, but, not entertaining. I do not want to think, I want to be entertained.

i saw jim parsons in harvey not too long ago. i really liked it.

i love broadway.

Damn, the musical was bo-ring. Movie? Never.

Book? Fabulous.

I love the book! Its one i would cut class in hs... and hide out in the library and read.
Fat book...with small print. It lasted longer. :tongue:

me too... i want to be entertained. This was not entertaining.... it was painful. :tongue:

i saw jim parsons in harvey not too long ago. i really liked it.

i love broadway.

even with a broadway actor in the family.... it does nothing for me. Ill take a good circus de soleil show over a play any day. :tongue:

Looks like I am smarter than all of ya.

I wouldn't get caught dead at that "movie" :lol:

Can't say the same for my wife and daughters...

I love the book.... and do not for the life of me understand why... WHY this thing is a broadway smash. The music... SUCKED!

oh jeeze... that's how i felt when i saw the show on broadway. i had my husband whispering in my ear the whole time, "is it over yet"?

it had one good song.

Let me guess, "Master of the House", right?

And the only reason I remember it is because of a Seinfeld episode.

lol..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq3boAhq_as]Les Miserables - I Dreamed a Dream - YouTube[/ame]

Jesus Christ Super Star, Hair and Rocky Horror are the only good Musicals I have ever seen.

Forum List

Back