2 1/2 hours....i will never get back!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
I tell ya...i was Les Misérable myself watching that damn boring long thing!

I love the book.... and do not for the life of me understand why... WHY this thing is a broadway smash. The music... SUCKED!

The Broadway play was forgetable. I cant imagine the movie being any better.

Think I'll pass.

I love the book.... and do not for the life of me understand why... WHY this thing is a broadway smash. The music... SUCKED!

When I saw your Thread Title I had the same reaction. :lol: ;)

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Yak, Yak, Yak, Yak, Yak....

It was an Opera, not a Musical.
===========================================================================
This was worth watching.
Plot Summary for
"Les Misérables" (2000) More at IMDbPro »"Les misérables" (original title)
ad feedback

The scene is set during the French Restoration at the beginning of the 19th century. Jean Valjean, a galley slave who was sent to prison for stealing food, is now released after serving nineteen years. At first he only encounter mistrust and closed doors; only the saintly Bishop Bienvenu treats him kindly and takes him in. The bishop's truly Christian compassion and humanity not only restores Jean Valjean's faith in the good, but also smoothes his way back to an orderly life. As Monsieur Madeleine, Valjean is soon a wealthy industrialist and popular citizen, even becoming the mayor of a small provincial town. His good fortune departs, however, when he meets Fantine, one of his workers, an unmarried mother who tragically dies of consumption. The well-intentioned Valjean frees Fantine's illegitimate daughter Cosette from the clutches of her insidious foster parents, and looks after her like a father. When Valjean reveals his true identity in order to prevent an innocent man who closely resembles him from being sold into a life of slavery as a result of a police error, he is convicted yet again. Valjean soon succeeds in escaping yet again, however, and manages to live under a false name in Paris for a few years. When Cosette, now a young lady, falls in love with the young attorney Marius Pontmercy, Valjean forbids the match - because he has fallen in love with the young girl himself... At this point, however, Marius finds out about Valjean's disreputable past and about Valjean's love for her and has no choice but to keep him away from Cosette. Valjean, thinking of his former benefactor Bishop Bienvenu, now makes the ultimate sacrifice - he decides to do without Cosette. A short while later Valjean falls seriously ill, but in the face of death he leaves a message of love to the young couple: "There is only one thing in the world that is important - and that is to love each other." Written by Anonymous
"Les Misérables" (2000) - Plot Summary

• Banned

When I saw your Thread Title I had the same reaction. :lol: ;)

It was an Opera, not a Musical.
===========================================================================
This was worth watching.
Plot Summary for
"Les Misérables" (2000) More at IMDbPro »"Les misérables" (original title)
ad feedback

The scene is set during the French Restoration at the beginning of the 19th century. Jean Valjean, a galley slave who was sent to prison for stealing food, is now released after serving nineteen years. At first he only encounter mistrust and closed doors; only the saintly Bishop Bienvenu treats him kindly and takes him in. The bishop's truly Christian compassion and humanity not only restores Jean Valjean's faith in the good, but also smoothes his way back to an orderly life. As Monsieur Madeleine, Valjean is soon a wealthy industrialist and popular citizen, even becoming the mayor of a small provincial town. His good fortune departs, however, when he meets Fantine, one of his workers, an unmarried mother who tragically dies of consumption. The well-intentioned Valjean frees Fantine's illegitimate daughter Cosette from the clutches of her insidious foster parents, and looks after her like a father. When Valjean reveals his true identity in order to prevent an innocent man who closely resembles him from being sold into a life of slavery as a result of a police error, he is convicted yet again. Valjean soon succeeds in escaping yet again, however, and manages to live under a false name in Paris for a few years. When Cosette, now a young lady, falls in love with the young attorney Marius Pontmercy, Valjean forbids the match - because he has fallen in love with the young girl himself... At this point, however, Marius finds out about Valjean's disreputable past and about Valjean's love for her and has no choice but to keep him away from Cosette. Valjean, thinking of his former benefactor Bishop Bienvenu, now makes the ultimate sacrifice - he decides to do without Cosette. A short while later Valjean falls seriously ill, but in the face of death he leaves a message of love to the young couple: "There is only one thing in the world that is important - and that is to love each other." Written by Anonymous
"Les Misérables" (2000) - Plot Summary

thats what i got from the movie

DIE ALREADY AND KILL ME TOO..... someone please put me out of my misery!

• Banned
Thanks for the warning.
I'm sure it's similar to my feeling after watching Black Swan.
That was awful.

Oh trust me... black swan had redeeming value compared to this.

If you are ever going to watch it.... wait for it on TV and dont bother paying for it.

• Banned
WWWTTTTFFF???

:wtf:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DOr3JlRPs1w]My Parents' Reaction to the Les Misérables Movie (The Original) - YouTube[/ame]

damn i was crying becasue i PAID to see the damn thing!!! Was the play better??? holy shit.... she needs to read the freaking book. *grumbles*

Saw the Broadway version about 20 years ago. It was in French.
Girls couldn't drag me to the movie. Daughter went to it a 2nd time.
blah blah blah, yak yak yak

*hangs head*

sadly i drug a friend (male) with me to see it.... and the only consultation i can say is... i was just as miserable as him sticking it out.

So what am i missing here??? I love the book...and hate this piece of crap? Why are people so in love with it?

I saw it on Broadway. I loved it!!!!!...My dog's name came from Les Miserable...Cosette.

A couple of my favorites from the show...

Les Miserables - On my own

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWoTYJqZkpI]Les Miserables - On my own - YouTube[/ame]

Fantine's Death - Les Miserables

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7XBC4z8Jpo]Fantine's Death - Les Miserables - YouTube[/ame]

oh jeeze... that's how i felt when i saw the show on broadway. i had my husband whispering in my ear the whole time, "is it over yet"?

it had one good song.

I cant imagine the play being much different then the movie.

oh jeeze... that's how i felt when i saw the show on broadway. i had my husband whispering in my ear the whole time, "is it over yet"?

it had one good song.

Thank god i am not the only girl who hated it!!! :tongue: what can i say... we both have good taste. Hell... i was whispering to my self.... "is it over yet?"

Hugo is rolling over in his grave!

it had one good song.

Let me guess, "Master of the House", right?

And the only reason I remember it is because of a Seinfeld episode.

Everytime I see the commercial I think about Ann Hathaway singing. Is she really doing that?

I don't have any desire to go after seeing her in that commercial. It just seems weird.

A movie is a just a motion picture. A Broadway show is an event; from getting the tickets to dressing appropriately to dining at a fine restaurant and the live performance.

I would not enjoy watching a movie of a show that I saw on Broadway.

Everytime I see the commercial I think about Ann Hathaway singing. Is she really doing that?

I don't have any desire to go after seeing her in that commercial. It just seems weird.

no more weird then russell crowe trying to make a go of his 30 odd feet of grunt going main stream. :lmao:

thing is... i could see all of the actors in these parts.... if it was a regular movie following the book. russell crow would have made a very good javert, ann hathaway a very good fantine ect....

go with your gut on this one sarah...and pass!

A movie is a just a motion picture. A Broadway show is an event; from getting the tickets to dressing appropriately to dining at a fine restaurant and the live performance.

I would not enjoy watching a movie of a show that I saw on Broadway.

LOL.... im up for all of that.... just leave out the theater... unless its a :tongue: I tell ya, theater does nothing for me. I prefer movies.

opera, ballet, symphony.... im up for all of that, just not actors on a stage.

Forum List

Back