1995 - the year I learned to despise Newt Gingrich

[
I see that kind of turnaround as admirable on a personal level. I do not see it as a qualification for president.

As Christians, we are not to judge his morality. As citizens, we ARE to judge his qualification for office.

Cheating on his wife does not mean he would be unable to run the country. However, how badly he reacted under pressure raises warning flags. He's all roguish smiles and bold answers when he's relaxed. When the pressure is on, he goes schizo. At least that's how some accounts make it sound, and some of what I've seen from him makes it easy to believe.

I think you are doing nothing more than trying to justify that more REpublicans would rather vote for Newt, Warts and all, than your guy.

He and his image people are doing sleight of hand now. Gingrich repented + the media are biased = Gingrich is qualified for president?

To me it is not adding up.

The jury is still out. It's good that some of the people who support him can do it with enthusiasm. It would be sad for his prospects if no one could. But it's going to take a lot more than that to build a majority. Comparing experience, temperament, ideas, and yes intangibles related to personal standards and gut feelings, and a whole lot of people in the middle will be queasy about this:

and will cling to this:

If you are going to base it on whether someone makes you feel "queasy", then Romney weith his family of Stepford Mormons is going to look just as odd as Newt and his wife.

I think the problem is that a lot of conservatives see the hypocrisy of a media that made all sorts of excuses for Clinton and Edwards jumping on Newt when the guy already said he was sorry. I mean, I still remember how the Media in 1998 released a study showing most people don't consider a blowjob sex so Clinton wasn't really lying. Or how they released another study showing lying was healthy for you.

[
I see that kind of turnaround as admirable on a personal level. I do not see it as a qualification for president.

As Christians, we are not to judge his morality. As citizens, we ARE to judge his qualification for office.

Cheating on his wife does not mean he would be unable to run the country. However, how badly he reacted under pressure raises warning flags. He's all roguish smiles and bold answers when he's relaxed. When the pressure is on, he goes schizo. At least that's how some accounts make it sound, and some of what I've seen from him makes it easy to believe.

I think you are doing nothing more than trying to justify that more REpublicans would rather vote for Newt, Warts and all, than your guy.

He and his image people are doing sleight of hand now. Gingrich repented + the media are biased = Gingrich is qualified for president?

The jury is still out. It's good that some of the people who support him can do it with enthusiasm. It would be sad for his prospects if no one could. But it's going to take a lot more than that to build a majority. Comparing experience, temperament, ideas, and yes intangibles related to personal standards and gut feelings, and a whole lot of people in the middle will be queasy about this:

and will cling to this:

If you are going to base it on whether someone makes you feel "queasy", then Romney weith his family of Stepford Mormons is going to look just as odd as Newt and his wife.

I think the problem is that a lot of conservatives see the hypocrisy of a media that made all sorts of excuses for Clinton and Edwards jumping on Newt when the guy already said he was sorry. I mean, I still remember how the Media in 1998 released a study showing most people don't consider a blowjob sex so Clinton wasn't really lying. Or how they released another study showing lying was healthy for you.

Mitt is steady and boring and squeaky clean and experienced in the most important issue of the day.

I think that America would see him as presidential - and maybe even a relief after the celebrity mania of Obama.

Newt is Obama's celebrity mania on ritalin - without the added benefit of any obvious recent experience relevant to the issues of the day. Obama's most recent gig leaves Newt's experience in the dusty cobwebby halls of history.

[

and will cling to this:

You have a point there. Everyone is bitching about Gingrich being married three times and divorced twice. Mitt's family fled to mexico so they could marry three wives all at once.. that gives me the skeevies. I don't think Mitt can stand up and preach morality in regards to marriage..

Mitt is steady and boring and squeaky clean and experienced in the most important issue of the day.

Again, you work on the assumption that being a successful businessman is the makings of a great president. George W. Bush was a businessman. Herbert Hoover was a businessman. U.S. Grant was a businessman before he became a war hero. They were all awful presidents.

I don't care about his sex life. I care about the fact that this man destroyed a lot of lives in the name of "It's only business". That's a lot worse than anything Newt ever did.

I think that America would see him as presidential - and maybe even a relief after the celebrity mania of Obama.

Newt is Obama's celebrity mania on ritalin - without the added benefit of any obvious recent experience relevant to the issues of the day. Obama's most recent gig leaves Newt's experience in the dusty cobwebby halls of history.

You know what, what you call "celebrity", I call passion. The only people I see who are passionate about Mittens are 1) His fellow Mormon Cultists and 2) Wall Street Sharks who want to see the nets taken down so they can get at the swimmers.

The rest.. meh. I suspect a lot of Republicans will vote for him, but it won't be with a lot of enthusiasm.

I just think he's an absolute horrible human being.

[

and will cling to this:

You have a point there. Everyone is bitching about Gingrich being married three times and divorced twice. Mitt's family fled to mexico so they could marry three wives all at once.. that gives me the skeevies. I don't think Mitt can stand up and preach morality in regards to marriage..

Mitt did not flee to Mexico to marry three wives.

Wow...do you need reading comprehension class? She didn't say that! Read it again.... :cuckoo:

Wow...do you need reading comprehension class? She didn't say that! Read it again.... :cuckoo:

There was a story today that when the Romney's came back to the US, they entered the country illegally.

Talk about a need for a good border fence... :lol:

Oh, I read it alright.

So tell me Einstein, WTF does it matter what his family did? You know, for the guy who has been married to the same woman for over 40 years?

Oh, I read it alright.

So tell me Einstein, WTF does it matter what his family did? You know, for the guy who has been married to the same woman for over 40 years?

You are trying to say that the fact he doesn't come from a pretty strange family- even for Mormons - shouldn't be a factor in our consideration.

Consider this. Most Mainstream Mormons made the decision that they would swap Polygamy for Statehood. Utah could get in the union if it outlawed polygamy, and oddly enough, the Mormon Prophet at that time said God had spoken to him and said Polygamy was a big no-no despite Joseph Smith and Brigham Young practicing it.

But not Romney's great grandpappy. He was going to move to Mexico so he could keep a little variety in his life. Then get something a little spicy in there, maybe. So the Mexican Romneys decided that being Polygamists was more important to them than being Americans. Which is fine with me, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I guess they missed America, though, so they snuck back into the country. Some of them, anyway. INcluding Mittens grandad and dad.

But I have to wonder what the primary malfunction of these people were that they thought this was a good idea to start with.

Forum List

Back