1995 - the year I learned to despise Newt Gingrich

So Susan Smith, like almost every other murderer, tries to blame others for her actions, and that's the fault of the GOP, how again?

Sorry, man, the fact that the family has disintigrated under a constant 50 year assault by popular culture doesn't become less of a truth because none of us are immune.
Is that Newt's excuse for cheating on his second wife for six years? He's a victim of popular culture.

:lol:

Did you see that interview with his 2nd x-wife??? She came across as a vindictive b***h. There's more to the story than she's telling, and i didn't believe a word she said. There's 2 sides to every story (or divorce).

moron's such as rabid ravi don't need two sides of a story, they only need the side that fits their agenda.. know that down to the very fiber of your being. :eusa_angel:

I finally found a quote I have been looking for for some time. Gingrich said this after a pregnant woman was killed by people who wanted to steal her baby:

Let's talk about what the welfare state has created. Let's talk about the moral decay of the world the left is defending.

This happened in America. It happened in America because for two generations we haven't had the guts to talk about right and wrong. We've talked about situation ethics. We've talked about victimization. We've talked about our needs. We've had soap-opera-like television shows where people get on and describe the most disgusting behaviors.

And we have gradually tolerated, as Moynihan put it, the process of lowering standards so that you could engage in virtually any behavior and have a reasonable case. And we shake our heads and say: "Well, what? What's going wrong?"

What's going wrong is a welfare system which subsidized people for doing nothing, a criminal system which tolerated drug dealers, an educational system which allows kids to not learn and which rewards tenured teachers who can't teach, while destroying poor children who it traps in it -- in a process with no hope.

And then we end up with the final culmination of a drug-addicted underclass with no sense of humanity, no sense of civilization and no sense of the rules of life in which human beings respect each other.

Speaker Gingrich Lashing Out, in His Own Words - Text - NYTimes.com

(there are some more Gingrich quotes in that NYT article)

There might be a time for that kind of analysis - after all the facts have come out and after loved ones have had time to mourn. But my memory is that Gingrich didn't wait for the right time, and that after the case was further investigated by the police it turned out that there was a degree of inappropriateness in Gingrich's reference to "welfare" in connection with the criminals.

Whether my memory of the details is right or wrong, the effect of his speech on me was a profound and enduring revulsion.

That was the year that The American President came out. When I saw the movie and heard the Annette Bening character ask, "How do you have patience for people who claim they love America, but clearly can't stand Americans?", I immediately thought of Gingrich as a man those words fit.

I've become more right-leaning since the 1990's and can appreciate more of what Gingrich accomplished legislatively but that impression of him lingers and has on occasion been reinforced by new statements from him. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and I've gotten caught up with some of the excitement of him socking it to the media. But as I listen to the results of the exit polling from South Carolina, my sinking heart tells me that I haven't gotten over that feeling about him as hard as I've tried.

Like Moynihan before him, Newt nailed it.

Dems have been shaping blacks into a permanent underclass for generations. It's purposeful, planned and has been their strategy since LBJ had to pass Ike Civil Rights Act. Remember, LBJ promised that he'd "have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years" and Newt described how they went about it

I finally found a quote I have been looking for for some time. Gingrich said this after a pregnant woman was killed by people who wanted to steal her baby:

Let's talk about what the welfare state has created. Let's talk about the moral decay of the world the left is defending.

This happened in America. It happened in America because for two generations we haven't had the guts to talk about right and wrong. We've talked about situation ethics. We've talked about victimization. We've talked about our needs. We've had soap-opera-like television shows where people get on and describe the most disgusting behaviors.

And we have gradually tolerated, as Moynihan put it, the process of lowering standards so that you could engage in virtually any behavior and have a reasonable case. And we shake our heads and say: "Well, what? What's going wrong?"

What's going wrong is a welfare system which subsidized people for doing nothing, a criminal system which tolerated drug dealers, an educational system which allows kids to not learn and which rewards tenured teachers who can't teach, while destroying poor children who it traps in it -- in a process with no hope.

And then we end up with the final culmination of a drug-addicted underclass with no sense of humanity, no sense of civilization and no sense of the rules of life in which human beings respect each other.

Speaker Gingrich Lashing Out, in His Own Words - Text - NYTimes.com

(there are some more Gingrich quotes in that NYT article)

There might be a time for that kind of analysis - after all the facts have come out and after loved ones have had time to mourn. But my memory is that Gingrich didn't wait for the right time, and that after the case was further investigated by the police it turned out that there was a degree of inappropriateness in Gingrich's reference to "welfare" in connection with the criminals.

Whether my memory of the details is right or wrong, the effect of his speech on me was a profound and enduring revulsion.

That was the year that The American President came out. When I saw the movie and heard the Annette Bening character ask, "How do you have patience for people who claim they love America, but clearly can't stand Americans?", I immediately thought of Gingrich as a man those words fit.

I've become more right-leaning since the 1990's and can appreciate more of what Gingrich accomplished legislatively but that impression of him lingers and has on occasion been reinforced by new statements from him. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and I've gotten caught up with some of the excitement of him socking it to the media. But as I listen to the results of the exit polling from South Carolina, my sinking heart tells me that I haven't gotten over that feeling about him as hard as I've tried.

Like Moynihan before him, Newt nailed it.

Dems have been shaping blacks into a permanent underclass for generations. It's purposeful, planned and has been their strategy since LBJ had to pass Ike Civil Rights Act. Remember, LBJ promised that he'd "have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years" and Newt described how they went about it

LOL. So what? Newt set up a plan to have the rednecks voting republican for the next 200 years.

So Susan Smith, like almost every other murderer, tries to blame others for her actions, and that's the fault of the GOP, how again?

Sorry, man, the fact that the family has disintigrated under a constant 50 year assault by popular culture doesn't become less of a truth because none of us are immune.
Is that Newt's excuse for cheating on his second wife for six years? He's a victim of popular culture.

Naw, this is the excuse...

marianne-gingrich-aired-some-of-her-ex-husbands-dirty-laundry-on-thursdays-nightline-though-some.jpg

I mean, seriously, imagine having to wake up next to that every morning.... you'd want to chew your arm off if you found it underneath her...

Susan Smith grew up in a home where her stepfather was the head of the Republican Party for that county. So she grew up in a Republican home.

The despicable actions by her father, and then by her, had nothing to do with either party.

Nor does the changing mores of the people of this nation.

But Newtie, in an action that was despicable in it's own light, used this as a campaign tactic to denigrate the Democratic Party. As far as I am concerned, Newtie is not competant to serve in any public capacity. He is an amoral narcistic demigogue.

Not that I entirely agree with the premise, but his point was that a society that condones abortion isn't far from condoning infanticide.

marianne-gingrich-aired-some-of-her-ex-husbands-dirty-laundry-on-thursdays-nightline-though-some.jpg

I mean, seriously, imagine having to wake up next to that every morning.... you'd want to chew your arm off if you found it underneath her...

And yet the patriotic penis of Newton cheated WITH her on his first wife. He's a serial adulterer...but according to wife number two, wife number three is okay with that sort of thing.

And yet the patriotic penis of Newton cheated WITH her on his first wife. He's a serial adulterer...but according to wife number two, wife number three is okay with that sort of thing.

Oh Brother..........................

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture4225-bg012012dapr20120120034605.jpg

Well, a man has his needs... (oh, wait, that only applies to Clinton.)

And we all know how honest ex-wives are...

Sorry, just not seeing the reason for upset, and neither would you if he weren't a threat to the Obamessiah.

Now that he's won SC, we are going to see a lot of these hysterical attacks from Obama and Romney Supporters.

Can't tell the Obama Supporters from the Romney Supporters without a scorecard.

Um...I happen to think that Clinton is a serial adulterer too. (Thomas Jefferson too)

Then I'm not seeing your problem here, exactly.

you know, you keep saying that you think that Newt will be easier to beat than Mittens, but you dedicate a lot more pixels to denoucing Newt (or Perry, or whoever).

I, on the other hand, am Voting For Newt because I think despite the fact he has not been an ideal husband, he's a smart guy with a lot of knowledge. And if the phone call comes in at 3 AM that the North Koreans have just attacked one of our aircraft carriers, and are rolling across the DMZ, he's the guy I want at the other end. Not the guy who waited 16 hours to give the go ahead to whack Bin Laden and not the guy who thinks his sons working on his campaign is just as good as serving in the military.

Um...I happen to think that Clinton is a serial adulterer too. (Thomas Jefferson too)

you know, you keep saying that you think that Newt will be easier to beat than Mittens, but you dedicate a lot more pixels to denoucing Newt (or Perry, or whoever).

I, on the other hand, am Voting For Newt because I think despite the fact he has not been an ideal husband, he's a smart guy with a lot of knowledge. And if the phone call comes in at 3 AM that the North Koreans have just attacked one of our aircraft carriers, and are rolling across the DMZ, he's the guy I want at the other end. Not the guy who waited 16 hours to give the go ahead to whack Bin Laden and not the guy who thinks his sons working on his campaign is just as good as serving in the military.

Newt doesn't have the temperament to have his finger on the button. Of all the candidates - including Michelle Bachmann and Donald Trump - he is the last guy I want lording over our nuclear arsenal. That's why I'm not supporting him.

Newt doesn't have the temperament to have his finger on the button. Of all the candidates - including Michelle Bachmann and Donald Trump - he is the last guy I want lording over our nuclear arsenal. That's why I'm not supporting him.

This guy is a heartbeat away from that button

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ]The Drunk: Joe Biden drunk singing gaffe Obama vice president - YouTube[/ame]

You support Romney because he's one of your fellow Wall Street Looters.

The GOP would be well rid of the lot of you.

I don't know why you think I would have supported Clinton for a third term in office? I initially supported John Edwards in the 2008 Primary until the allegations of his affair came to light.

And let me help you...I want President Obama to win a 2nd term in office. I think ALL the GOP candidates are terrible. I think Romney will be the hardest to beat in the General so I would LOVE to see Newt as the nominee. I think a landslide to marvel Goldwater/Miller would be kinda fun to watch.

Last edited:

Um...Newt drove the getaway car...that's what Lobbyists do.

:clap2: :lol: Apparently so.

And you don't support Romney because you're an anti-Mormon, anti-capitalist bigot.

Did you see that interview with his 2nd x-wife??? She came across as a vindictive b***h. There's more to the story than she's telling, and i didn't believe a word she said. There's 2 sides to every story (or divorce).

Given that wife number 3 admitted to having an affair with him for at least six years while he was married she has every right to be vindictive.

Given that wife number 3 admitted to having an affair with him for at least six years while he was married she has every right to be vindictive.

Well since Newt won't say anything bad about her, he's not telling everyone what she was like or what she might have done to ruin their marriage, we'll never know for sure WHO the victim is, will we?

Forum List

Back