15 bills the House passed, but Reid refuses to schedule for votes

It IS called a JOBS bill.

Ummm right. Ok, if that went over your head, lets try this.....Which part of the Obama JOBS bill was a masked effort with some other motive other than creating jobs? Try and keep up.

It doesn't create anything but a few temporary jobs, jobs I might add that would already exist if the Government were not raiding the transportation fund.

If you want someone to take your gripes seriously, it would be helpful to give specifics. Your sweeping generalizations are stale.

I am not impressed with the debating style being used in this thread.

It is like no one cares to see the advantages of the others sides position and debate THOSE things.

Everyone wants to simply show how the other side is a bunch of idiots.

Seems to me congress has us doing exactly what they are doing.

Curious...how is that working for the American People?

It is like no one cares to see the advantages of the others sides position and debate THOSE things.

Thats how this site goes. Few people want to actually listen. This thread is no different. I am asking for specifics about what is bad about Obamas JOBS bill and I get the same old canned answer. Answers that don't have any thought behind them. I'm on board with making cuts to spending, but I have a really hard time believing that ONLY cutting will lead to job growth. Until someone is ready to discuss a plan that involves cutting and spending to get this country moving we will continue with the same old tired bullshit.

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

The House isn't getting anything until they get the jobs bill passed. They don't feel the need to work for America, nobody cares about any of their other idiotic agenda.

You literally just laid out what it would mean to hold the country hostage until the Dems in the Senate and Obama got their way…

All 15? Ok I will play your game. Obama's Jobs bill is a joke because it gives money to Unions and the faithful while raising the deficit. Ohh by the way it creates no permanent job.

How does it raise the deficit?

deficit neutral does not mean it is not spending money.

It is spending a half a trillion dollars that can be used to either lower the debt or bolster up SS or whatever...

We see it as money that does not need to be spent...we have ideas thast we believe will work without spending.

We have seen those ideas in action...like cutting taxes to create jobs......The companies just kept the money

Like cutting regulations to create jobs.....The companies just keep the money saved

Like it or not....Obamas bill creates jobs

Our public infrastructures sucks. It has to be replaced or improved sooner or later. Doing it now creates jobs now, rather than down the road

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

The House isn't getting anything until they get the jobs bill passed. They don't feel the need to work for America, nobody cares about any of their other idiotic agenda.

You literally just laid out what it would mean to hold the country hostage until the Dems in the Senate and Obama got their way…

Clarifying that "In God we trust" is our national motto was groundbreaking legislation by the House

The Senate does not have any "duty" to take up every and any bill. It has the constitutional power to set for itself it's own rules of how to handle day-to-day business, including how and which bills to bring to the floor.

Let's be honest in all of this.....the Dems are not doing anything the GOP does not do when the roles are reversed. There's a oft repeated line: "Don't hate the player, hate the game." Since we have players on both sides, I think it applies here. THE PROBLEM IS THE GAME AND THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WHICH CONDONES IT BY CONSTANTLY ELECTING AND REELECTING THE SAME GROUPS.

Then will you join me friend, in calling for the dissolution of the house and senate, letting our dear and glorious leader decide what is good for every boy and girl? We are his children, he loves us and knows what is best for us. We need only trust him and obey without question.

I think we have the same goal here. We Democrats need to seize the moment to create a fair and safe country, eleminate congress and let Obama decide.

Thats how this site goes. Few people want to actually listen. This thread is no different. I am asking for specifics about what is bad about Obamas JOBS bill and I get the same old canned answer. Answers that don't have any thought behind them. I'm on board with making cuts to spending, but I have a really hard time believing that ONLY cutting will lead to job growth. Until someone is ready to discuss a plan that involves cutting and spending to get this country moving we will continue with the same old tired bullshit.

The GOP is not all about cutting spending. The GOP is interested in NOT spending and finding other ways to promote growth in the private sector.

there is validity to the premise that if you limit regulations on small businesses, they will have more capital to expand.

And when you have a debt the size of ours, NOT spending and investigating toher iideas should be the course of action in my opinion.

And this does not mean that the GOP is all for polluting the air and water.....that is spin.

Granted it is a local ordinance...but an example of rediculous regulations.....I have a client that needed to spend 75K in a recession to widen his loading bays by 6 inches...a change in the local ordnance...and he not only never had an accident due to the width of his bay...but when you look at the changes? It looks no different.

How did his municipality market the idea? IT WILL CREATE HUNDREDS OF JOBS to the contractors who will be hired to widen the bays.

It nearly put my client over the edge. He was ALREADY operating at a loss for the year....but still had some outstanding receivables that were coming in soon....

I got him a birdge loan.

The Senate does not have any "duty" to take up every and any bill. It has the constitutional power to set for itself it's own rules of how to handle day-to-day business, including how and which bills to bring to the floor.

Let's be honest in all of this.....the Dems are not doing anything the GOP does not do when the roles are reversed. There's a oft repeated line: "Don't hate the player, hate the game." Since we have players on both sides, I think it applies here. THE PROBLEM IS THE GAME AND THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WHICH CONDONES IT BY CONSTANTLY ELECTING AND REELECTING THE SAME GROUPS.

Then will you join me friend, in calling for the dissolution of the house and senate, letting our dear and glorious leader decide what is good for every boy and girl? We are his children, he loves us and knows what is best for us. We need only trust him and obey without question.

I think we have the same goal here. We Democrats need to seize the moment to create a fair and safe country, eleminate congress and let Obama decide.

You had me fooled until the very end. A democrat knows how to use spell check.

It is spending a half a trillion dollars that can be used to either lower the debt or bolster up SS or whatever...

We see it as money that does not need to be spent...we have ideas thast we believe will work without spending.

We have seen those ideas in action...like cutting taxes to create jobs......The companies just kept the money

Like cutting regulations to create jobs.....The companies just keep the money saved

Our public infrastructures sucks. It has to be replaced or improved sooner or later. Doing it now creates jobs now, rather than down the road

you can cite the market, you can cite the 3 million jobs created...you can cite all of the stats you want.

Bottom line....850 billion dollar stimulus bill.....and we are at 9.1% unemployment.

It did not work.

Well we tried the other method starting 3 years ago...how well is that working out for unemployed americans?

Just saying......obama's job's bill was more of the same that we have been doing since bush's last year in office and at least the republican bills are offering something new. For example, have we ever had a law on the books forcing the govt to balance the budget?

The GOP is not all about cutting spending. The GOP is interested in NOT spending and finding other ways to promote growth in the private sector.

Ok like what? What other ways? The only suggestions I've seen involve scaling back on government regulations that I have a hard time seeing the connection to job creation.

there is validity to the premise that if you limit regulations on small businesses, they will have more capital to expand.

And when you have a debt the size of ours, NOT spending and investigating toher iideas should be the course of action in my opinion.

See, you again refuse to listen to the idea of spending to stimulate growth. Weren't you just complaining about not listening to the other side?

And this does not mean that the GOP is all for polluting the air and water.....that is spin.

Granted it is a local ordinance...but an example of rediculous regulations.....I have a client that needed to spend 75K in a recession to widen his loading bays by 6 inches...a change in the local ordnance...and he not only never had an accident due to the width of his bay...but when you look at the changes? It looks no different.

How did his municipality market the idea? IT WILL CREATE HUNDREDS OF JOBS to the contractors who will be hired to widen the bays.

It nearly put my client over the edge. He was ALREADY operating at a loss for the year....but still had some outstanding receivables that were coming in soon....

I got him a birdge loan.

I said, I completely agree that there are some ridiculous government regulations out there. Many that could be done away with. But where is that compromise from you, that we need to spend money to make money?

you can cite the market, you can cite the 3 million jobs created...you can cite all of the stats you want.

Bottom line....850 billion dollar stimulus bill.....and we are at 9.1% unemployment.

It did not work.

Sure it worked...

Roads got repaired, Bridges got built, long ignored maintenance got performed. We all benefited from those public works projects and people who were not working got paid to do those jobs.

We paid stimulus money and received infrastructure in return. Temporary jobs are still jobs

What didn't work was the 40% in tax cuts that just went into peoples pockets and the money given to states that they just used to balance their books

They are a joke because they try to pass off rampant environmental deregulation as a jobs bill. All they do is compile the GOP wish list and label them as job creators

Shows that the GOP is not serious about creating jobs

You may be a right winger, but you're really smart.

Clearly, the way to get a house built is to require a permit to buy wood, a different permit from a different agency to cut the wood, another permit to have hazardous nails, a permit to have iron based products, an outside agency needs to provide a weekly study on the trace amounts of nickle leached into ground water from the nails, not to be combined with the study of how much nickle is leached into ground water from stud supports. A permit for the use of power tools and weekly study of the effects of the emmisions from the electric motors on the migration paths of birds and butterflies is vital to the process of building.

The repugs think that cutting out these permits will create jobs and get houses built? Just shows how stupid they are! Without these common sense protections, there would be no air or water on the planet. Repugs want to do away with air and water for corporate profits.

You have it all figured out.

Personally as an advocate for the let's try what we can crowd, some of the legistation mentioned has merit. I tend to think especially when it comes to Energy, it serves no useful purpose to to say " my energy is better than yours" and do what you can to keep the others from being exploited, and that goes for all types, wind, solar, oil, gas, nuclear, you name it. Isn't the goal here not only to make our nation stronger, bur as an added benefit to that finally stop sending money to nations that do not like us very much or tend to pass our gas money along to others who wish us harm?

In the past, most legislation and past congress were graded on the number of bills that were passed and signed into law. If one cares to look at that grade then by that meaure, the 112th congress has been one of the least effective in many many years.

And so the legislative trickle has slowed to a drip. From January until the end of May, the last date for which comparable statistics are available, 16 bills had become law -- compared with 50 during that period last year, or 28 in 2007, also a time of divided government.

The Senate has taken 84 "yea and nay" votes and the House 112, roughly half the number as in 2007. The Senate by the end of May had confirmed just over half of the administration's nominees; recent Congresses typically have been near the end of the list by this point.

The bills that have passed this year largely have been extensions of expiring laws. Also on this year's list was a must-pass deal to keep the government from shutting down, which essentially was a piece of unfinished business from the previous Congress.
112th Congress is one of the least productive in years - Los Angeles Times

I'm of the opinion that as long as both parties seem to want to pay heed to their party flag rather than the fact they are Americans and are there to do America's business, then the economic health of this nation will continue to take a back seat to much more pressing legislation, like motto's, and coins, and making sure minnows are saved.

Ok like what? What other ways? The only suggestions I've seen involve scaling back on government regulations that I have a hard time seeing the connection to job creation.

See, you again refuse to listen to the idea of spending to stimulate growth. Weren't you just complaining about not listening to the other side?

I got him a birdge loan.

I said, I completely agree that there are some ridiculous government regulations out there. Many that could be done away with. But where is that compromise from you, that we need to spend money to make money?

RDD...I have listened to the idea of spending to create jobs.
And nowhere am I saying it is not a valid consideration.

But I clearly said that NOW, where our debt is a looming issue......we should consider non spending ideas.

We tried the spending...it cost us 850 in borrowed money and we still have 9.1% unemployment.

So why not try NON spending...see what happens...and if that doesnt work, try something else.

At lezst with a NON spending idea, all that will be lost is time if it doesnt work....with a SPENDING idea that doesnt work, time AND money will be lost

I got him a birdge loan.

RDD...I have listened to the idea of spending to create jobs.
And nowhere am I saying it is not a valid consideration.

But I clearly said that NOW, where our debt is a looming issue......we should consider non spending ideas.

We tried the spending...it cost us 850 in borrowed money and we still have 9.1% unemployment.

So why not try NON spending...see what happens...and if that doesnt work, try something else.

At lezst with a NON spending idea, all that will be lost is time if it doesnt work....with a SPENDING idea that doesnt work, time AND money will be lost

Ok fine. But I'd like to see specifically how any of the plans mentioned in the OP will directly relate to job creation. Not this pie in the sky, trickle effect nonsense that relies on hypotheticals to "create jobs".

Forum List

Back