15 bills the House passed, but Reid refuses to schedule for votes

Trust me....if only I didn't have that pesky government looking over my shoulder, I could hire more people

I'm on your side, friend!

LEGALIZE CRACK NOW.

Damn cops. always looking over peoples shoulder.

You're on to something. I think we need to disband the government all-together because if less government is good, no government has got to be Utopia. Right? Total anarchy will get you some jobs!

Ok like what? What other ways? The only suggestions I've seen involve scaling back on government regulations that I have a hard time seeing the connection to job creation.

See, you again refuse to listen to the idea of spending to stimulate growth. Weren't you just complaining about not listening to the other side?

I said, I completely agree that there are some ridiculous government regulations out there. Many that could be done away with. But where is that compromise from you, that we need to spend money to make money?

RDD...I have listened to the idea of spending to create jobs.
And nowhere am I saying it is not a valid consideration.

But I clearly said that NOW, where our debt is a looming issue......we should consider non spending ideas.

We tried the spending...it cost us 850 in borrowed money and we still have 9.1% unemployment.

So why not try NON spending...see what happens...and if that doesnt work, try something else.

At lezst with a NON spending idea, all that will be lost is time if it doesnt work....with a SPENDING idea that doesnt work, time AND money will be lost

Ok fine. But I'd like to see specifically how any of the plans mentioned in the OP will directly relate to job creation. Not this pie in the sky, trickle effect nonsense that relies on hypotheticals to "create jobs".

well...I can say for sure one thing....at best the spending of 850 billion resulted in only saving state jobs.....and we are not concerned about saving jobs right now......there is not a concern of unemployment increasing. We need to create jobs.....
Need to get some work done...cya later <S>

Each and every bill is an attempt to sell out the American people and present deregulation as a "Jobs Bill"

Why don't Republicans do some direct legislation for once rather than pass off all these "Trust me" bills?

Trust me.......if you waive all these environmental bills, I will hire more people
Trust me.....if you don't monitor what I am doing, I will hire more people

Why don't they do direct legislation? Because unlike many on your side the gop knows it can't legislate jobs. They know we can only encourage job growth by removing the hurdles and getting govt out of the private sector.

Trust me....if only I didn't have that pesky government looking over my shoulder, I could hire more people

Yup...if govt backed off it would make it less expensive to operate a business and if they lowered taxes that would also make all businesses more profitable giving the owners who are also employers more money to either give raises or hire people with.

You're on to something. I think we need to disband the government all-together because if less government is good, no government has got to be Utopia. Right? Total anarchy will get you some jobs!

I support you getting a job.

I plan to stay on SSI for my entire life.

I'm a Democrat.

Got any spare change?

I'm on your side, friend!

LEGALIZE CRACK NOW.

Damn cops. always looking over peoples shoulder.

You mistake libertarians and conservatives for anarchists.

That Government is Best Which Govern's Least -Thomas Paine

Steve Jobs was always a bad speller.

I hear the upcoming Safari release in OSX, code named "Dung Beatle" will include a spell checker.

I never was any good at spelling, or math, or tests. Still I got mostly A's in school. I always wore a Che tee-shirt, so the teachers knew I was one of them and gave me good grades.

I was the first person to get into Berkeley with SAT's under 700 (cumulative.) My THC score was really high, though.

I hear the upcoming Safari release in OSX, code named "Dung Beatle" will include a spell checker.

I never was any good at spelling, or math, or tests. Still I got mostly A's in school. I always wore a Che tee-shirt, so the teachers knew I was one of them and gave me good grades.

I was the first person to get into Berkeley with SAT's under 700 (cumulative.) My THC score was really high, though.

But do you actually support Che?

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

The House isn't getting anything until they get the jobs bill passed. They don't feel the need to work for America, nobody cares about any of their other idiotic agenda.

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, has been the attitude of Democrats for the last three years. Ever since Barack Obama took office the Dems have been telling the Republicans that it's our way or nothing at all. There is a stack of legislation sitting on Harry Reid's desk RIGHT NOW that would help businesses to create jobs but people like YOU are OK with those bills being held hostage because the Republicans won't pass a repeat of the first stimulus plan and waste another half a trillion dollars we're going to have to borrow from China thus guaranteeing another downgrade of our credit rating.

Why don't they do direct legislation? Because unlike many on your side the gop knows it can't legislate jobs. They know we can only encourage job growth by removing the hurdles and getting govt out of the private sector.

Yup...if govt backed off it would make it less expensive to operate a business and if they lowered taxes that would also make all businesses more profitable giving the owners who are also employers more money to either give raises or hire people with.

Or else they could just say fuck em I'm keeping the extra money. And that's why business is sitting on $2 trillion in cash right now

I think government should own everything. Those who want to work should work for the government. The rest of us should just get to live. Government can give us what we need. The rich people can pay for it.

I think government should own everything. Those who want to work should work for the government. The rest of us should just get to live. Government can give us what we need. The rich people can pay for it.

You and I will be on opposite sides of the line if there is a civil war :tongue:

Or else they could just say fuck em I'm keeping the extra money. And that's why business is sitting on $2 trillion in cash right now

prove that small business owners are sitting on 2 trillion in cash please.

I don't take your word for it on that one, I am speaking from personal experience on the prior comments I made...when bush passed the tax cuts my boss hired a new full time and part time worker and then opened a new shop....he was about to open a second one until some of the regs in the health care bill combined with some new state regulations made it too risky and expensive to do so

Last edited:

I think he supports JB.

My parents raised me right, er left, you know what I mean.

Anyway, they raised me to dream of the day of the glorious peoples revolution when the proletariat would rise up and take control of everything.

Che is the symbol of that dream, I mean the protract of Che is, not the reality of him putting gasoline filled tires around the necks of peasant merchants and lighting them on fire while the victim screamed. We Democrats favor symbolism over reality!

A lot of people say to me; “Bil, that Berkeley education hasn’t done you much good, you don’t work, collect SSI and drink malt liquor all day.” But this is where Berkeley really prepared me for life, by teaching me to support Che and the ideals that our beloved president and leader promote to this day.

I support you getting a job.

I plan to stay on SSI for my entire life.

I'm a Democrat.

Got any spare change?

I will continue to wish for the death of seniors and the disabled because they are mooching off my hard earned dollars. Don't those people know how hard I work? If they really cared about America they would either kill themselves or attach a snow plow to their wheel chair and make themselves useful.

My parents raised me right, er left, you know what I mean.

Anyway, they raised me to dream of the day of the glorious peoples revolution when the proletariat would rise up and take control of everything.

Che is the symbol of that dream, I mean the protract of Che is, not the reality of him putting gasoline filled tires around the necks of peasant merchants and lighting them on fire while the victim screamed. We Democrats favor symbolism over reality!

A lot of people say to me; “Bil, that Berkeley education hasn’t done you much good, you don’t work, collect SSI and drink malt liquor all day.” But this is where Berkeley really prepared me for life, by teaching me to support Che and the ideals that our beloved president and leader promote to this day.

Quotes from The Motorcycle Diaries (the book):

"The blacks, those magnificent examples of the African race who have maintained their racial purity thanks to their lack of an affinity with bathing, have seen their territory invaded by a new kind of slave: the Portuguese."

"The black is indolent and a dreamer; spending his meager wage on frivolity or drink; the European has a tradition of work and saving, which has pursued him as far as this corner of America and drives him to advance himself, even independently of his own individual aspirations."

"The episode upset us a little because the poor man, apart from being homosexual and a first-rate bore, had been very nice to us, giving us 10 soles each, bringing our total to 479 for me and 163 1/2 to Alberto."

"The first person we hit on was the mayor, someone called Cohen; we had heard a lot about him, that he was Jewish as far as money was concerned but a good sort."

Don't forget about his murderous side http://cubaarchive.org/home/images/.../victims_of_che_guevara_in_cuba_9.30.2009.pdf

maybe your "liberal" parents should re-consider supporting a racist, homophobe, anti-semite, murderer like che.

They could. Sure.

Or the smart ones will take that cash and put it towards expanding so they can meet the increase in demand that usually comes after a recovery...and they will watch those guys that opted to sit on the cash run around like chickens without heads doing thuir best to react and meet the demand....and likely miss the boat.

Not to insult you...but it is an insult I guess...you have absolutely no idea how a smart business mind works.

But that is becuase you are convinced that all business me are greedy and never want to expand their reach.

But that is why I say you have no idea how a smart business mind works.

Forum List

Back