15 bills the House passed, but Reid refuses to schedule for votes

Wow...that is some scary legislation that shows what will happen to our country if we let Republicans have their way

Every bill is an attempt to rape the environment wrapped up as some "jobs bill"

Republicans have no shame

Your take. So I repeat, since the Dems control the Senate, all the committees, why not do as our Governmental form requires and submit those LEGALLY submitted bills to committee? Is Reid afraid they will pass committee? Is he afraid if they get past committee they will somehow survive a floor vote?

You are admitting as Sarah G just did that it is perfectly ok for the democrats to refuse to do their job unless the Republicans in the House only do what the dems want.

You mean the way that Republicans allow bills to proceed to a vote without requiring 60 filibuster proof votes?

Democrats are playing the legislative game the same way Republicans are. If Republicans can't get a bill out of committee that is their problem. Maybe if they start doing some " If you let my bill go for a vote, I will let your bill"

No wonder Congress is so fucked up

Those bills are a joke by the way

Amazing. You support Reid preventing bills from even going to committee simply because of politics while decrying Republicans using the EXACT tactics the dems used when Bush was President. Go figure.

Here are the 15 bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk because he can't bring himself to schedule them for a vote in the Senate. God forbid they should pass... that would put Obama in the untenable position of either signing REPUBLICAN legislation (can't have that, now can we?) or vetoing REPUBLICAN measures that could help to improve the jobs picture in this country. Either way, Obama would lose. The fact that these measures would help this country, well, who really gives a fuck, right?

15 Real Jobs Bills Stalled in the Senate | FreedomWorks
H.R. 872, the Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act

The bill would amend the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) to clarify that the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or a state may not require a permit under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act for the application of pesticides regulated under FIFRA. The Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act would ensure that pesticide users are not faced with unnecessary regulations that harm job growth.

H.R. 910, the Energy Tax Prevention Act

The bill would strip the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of its ability to use the Clean Air Act to regulate greenhouse gases. Without this legislation, the agency will continue with its plan to implement burdensome new rules and regulations on American businesses that will have a significant negative impact on America’s economy while having virtually no positive impact on global temperatures.

H.R. 2021, the Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011

The bill would eliminate needless permitting delays that have stalled important energy production opportunities off the coast of Alaska. Rather than having exploration air permits repeatedly approved and rescinded by the agency and its review board, the EPA will be required to take final action – granting or denying a permit – within six months. The Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011 would speed up the permit process to help create jobs.

H.R. 1938, North American-Made Energy Security Act

The bill would require the President to issue a final order granting or denying the Presidential Permit for Keystone XL 30 days after the issuance of the final environmental impact statement, but in no event later than November 1, 2011. A Canadian pipeline company, TransCanada, has long sought to increase the capacity of its Keystone pipeline system in order to bring more Canadian crude oil to American refineries. The North American-Made Energy Security Act would boost jobs and lower the price of gasoline for all Americans.

Thread is bookmarked and permalinked for a standard response to the false claims of "What have the republicans done to create jobs, nothing" ;)

Your take. So I repeat, since the Dems control the Senate, all the committees, why not do as our Governmental form requires and submit those LEGALLY submitted bills to committee? Is Reid afraid they will pass committee? Is he afraid if they get past committee they will somehow survive a floor vote?

You are admitting as Sarah G just did that it is perfectly ok for the democrats to refuse to do their job unless the Republicans in the House only do what the dems want.

His take?

No sir. It is not his take. If he read the bills with an open mind he would have a completely different take.

He simply reguritated the spin that Obama knew he was naive enough to regurgitate without first educating himself on the truth.

Each and every bill is an attempt to sell out the American people and present deregulation as a "Jobs Bill"

Why don't Republicans do some direct legislation for once rather than pass off all these "Trust me" bills?

Trust me.......if you waive all these environmental bills, I will hire more people
Trust me.....if you don't monitor what I am doing, I will hire more people

difference in ideology.

There is rationalization to the way the GOP sees it...just as there is rationalization to the way the left sees it.

and by the way...

"trust me.....if you pass this stimulus and let me borrow 3/4 of a trillion dollars from your grandchildren, we will stop the bleeding and unemployment will not go over 8% and we will begin the summer of recovery"

See?...it goes both ways.

His take?

No sir. It is not his take. If he read the bills with an open mind he would have a completely different take.

He simply reguritated the spin that Obama knew he was naive enough to regurgitate without first educating himself on the truth.

Each and every bill is an attempt to sell out the American people and present deregulation as a "Jobs Bill"

Why don't Republicans do some direct legislation for once rather than pass off all these "Trust me" bills?

Trust me.......if you waive all these environmental bills, I will hire more people
Trust me.....if you don't monitor what I am doing, I will hire more people

difference in ideology.

There is rationalization to the way the GOP sees it...just as there is rationalization to the way the left sees it.

and by the way...

"trust me.....if you pass this stimulus and let me borrow 3/4 of a trillion dollars from your grandchildren, we will stop the bleeding and unemployment will not go over 8% and we will begin the summer of recovery"

See?...it goes both ways.

Well said and very even headed.

every time I watch the Ed Show, he often has the most hated Dem's on his shows complaining that the Republicans bitch about Obama not creating any jobs "Yet The Tea-Party/Republican Congress have never offered their own JOBS PLAN".".....do nothing congress?

You mean the way that Republicans allow bills to proceed to a vote without requiring 60 filibuster proof votes?

Democrats are playing the legislative game the same way Republicans are. If Republicans can't get a bill out of committee that is their problem. Maybe if they start doing some " If you let my bill go for a vote, I will let your bill"

Amazing. You support Reid preventing bills from even going to committee simply because of politics while decrying Republicans using the EXACT tactics the dems used when Bush was President. Go figure.

What I support is returning Government to the way it has always worked. Cooperation and compromise. You scale down this language and I will vote for it. You let this bill pass and I will let your bill pass. Let's get together and put out a bill we both agree on

There is no win-win in Congress. A win-win solution allows the other guy to win also and is unacceptable. Compromise shows weakness, I would rather nothing get done than to allow any of your agenda to pass

You want your Republican bills to pass? Then allow some of the Obama jobs bill to get through and you get some of your deregulation in return

That is the way government works

What I support is returning Government to the way it has always worked. Cooperation and compromise. You scale down this language and I will vote for it. You let this bill pass and I will let your bill pass. Let's get together and put out a bill we both agree on

There is no win-win in Congress. A win-win solution allows the other guy to win also and is unacceptable. Compromise shows weakness, I would rather nothing get done than to allow any of your agenda to pass

You want your Republican bills to pass? Then allow some of the Obama jobs bill to get through and you get some of your deregulation in return

You are either intentionally missing the point or simply are dense.

Reid is NOT even allowing the bills to go to committee. Republicans in the House ARE bringing up bills as required by the rules of the House, sending them to committee, shooting them down or passing them on to the floor.

REID is not allowing the bills to even go to committee. REID not the Republicans, is preventing debate.

3 years ofd Obama bills passed and we are still at 9.1% unemployment.
We are deeper in debt.

Maybe it is Obamas turn to pass some of the GOP iideas?

Just sayin'

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

Well, as it turns out, RWNJ neoConservative fits the "partisan asshole" bill.

And the Press does not do much reporting on the fact that the Senate refuses to its sworn and legal duty. Go figure.

The Senate does not have any "duty" to take up every and any bill. It has the constitutional power to set for itself it's own rules of how to handle day-to-day business, including how and which bills to bring to the floor.

Let's be honest in all of this.....the Dems are not doing anything the GOP does not do when the roles are reversed. There's a oft repeated line: "Don't hate the player, hate the game." Since we have players on both sides, I think it applies here. THE PROBLEM IS THE GAME AND THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WHICH CONDONES IT BY CONSTANTLY ELECTING AND REELECTING THE SAME GROUPS.

As you see it...sure.

And I see Obamas job bill as a joke.

See how a difference in ideology works?

Which part is a joke?

As you see it...sure.

Which part is a joke?

Shoosh! Faux Snooze has not yet announced which part is a joke.

They'll know more on Monday.

As you see it...sure.

Which part is a joke?

I used the term joke in the same context RW did.

Nothing is funny about any of the bills.

But I do not agree with the premise that if the government throws money into the economy, it will help the private sector create jobs...especially when the private sector is hampered by unecessary regulations.

That is my ideology....and I need to be honest with you RDD....I am not in the mood to have this debate again...it has been going on for decades and no one can prove the other wrong and themselves right.

And the Press does not do much reporting on the fact that the Senate refuses to its sworn and legal duty. Go figure.

The Senate does not have any "duty" to take up every and any bill. It has the constitutional power to set for itself it's own rules of how to handle day-to-day business, including how and which bills to bring to the floor.

Let's be honest in all of this.....the Dems are not doing anything the GOP does not do when the roles are reversed. There's a oft repeated line: "Don't hate the player, hate the game." Since we have players on both sides, I think it applies here. THE PROBLEM IS THE GAME AND THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WHICH CONDONES IT BY CONSTANTLY ELECTING AND REELECTING THE SAME GROUPS.

Go ahead provide for us evidence the Republicans have done the exact same thing. As if THAT is a defense.

As for the last bit let me guess, you mean republicans not democrats right?

As you see it...sure.

Which part is a joke?

But I do not agree with the premise that if the government throws money into the economy, it will help the private sector create jobs...especially when the private sector is hampered by unecessary regulations.

That is my ideology....and I need to be honest with you RDD....I am not in the mood to have this debate again...it has been going on for decades and no one can prove the other wrong and themselves right.

You'll notice he didn't post why the AJA should't be passed, which is the point of this discussion.

The House Bills are a joke. Definitely. How is the AJA a joke? What portion of it makes it Bad, Wrong and therefore, it shouldn't be passed?

I'm sure somebody will quote JH if he actually addresses my point(s).

Which part is a joke?

You'll notice he didn't post why the AJA should't be passed, which is the point of this discussion.

The House Bills are a joke. Definitely. How is the AJA a joke? What portion of it makes it Bad, Wrong and therefore, it shouldn't be passed?

I'm sure somebody will quote JH if he actually addresses my point(s).

I haven't seen ANY post in this thread that EXPLAINED why each of the 15 bills ignored by Reid are a joke. Or is that just different?

Forum List

Back