15 bills the House passed, but Reid refuses to schedule for votes

Go ahead provide for us evidence the Republicans have done the exact same thing.

Apparently you need to start paying attention to the world around you. Perhaps the most visible example in recent times was when the GOP Senate refused to even give a vote to several of Clinton's judicial nominations.

As if THAT is a defense.

Do you think I'm defending the Democrats? I'm blasting both parties for the political hackery that has lead to our current dysfucntional government.

As for the last bit let me guess, you mean republicans not democrats right?

Are you paying attention? I said BOTH PARTIES! In case you haven't picked up by now, I can't stand the Democratic party any more than the Republican party.

Amazing. You support Reid preventing bills from even going to committee simply because of politics while decrying Republicans using the EXACT tactics the dems used when Bush was President. Go figure.

What I support is returning Government to the way it has always worked. Cooperation and compromise. You scale down this language and I will vote for it. You let this bill pass and I will let your bill pass. Let's get together and put out a bill we both agree on

There is no win-win in Congress. A win-win solution allows the other guy to win also and is unacceptable. Compromise shows weakness, I would rather nothing get done than to allow any of your agenda to pass

You want your Republican bills to pass? Then allow some of the Obama jobs bill to get through and you get some of your deregulation in return

That is the way government works

3 years ofd Obama bills passed and we are still at 9.1% unemployment.
We are deeper in debt.

Maybe it is Obamas turn to pass some of the GOP iideas?

Just sayin'

Both Obama's ideas and the ideas expressed by the GOP leadership have historical backgrounds. I posted two examples of what happened when there was little regulation of industry by the Federal Government.

Here is an example of why regulations are needed:
Superfund Sites Where You Live | Superfund | US EPA

Jarhead worries about our children and grandchildren; so do I. I'd rather they pay taxes tomorrow then suffer the consequences of industrial pollution.

The debate is all about ideology, the Republican ideology is to allow industry - heavy and financial - the freedom to act in their own self interest, using a rational that these industries will be good citizens. History suggests otherwise.

As you see it...sure.

And I see Obamas job bill as a joke.

See how a difference in ideology works?

Which part is a joke?

I used the term joke in the same context RW did.

Nothing is funny about any of the bills.

But I do not agree with the premise that if the government throws money into the economy, it will help the private sector create jobs...especially when the private sector is hampered by unecessary regulations.

That is my ideology....and I need to be honest with you RDD....I am not in the mood to have this debate again...it has been going on for decades and no one can prove the other wrong and themselves right.

Alright, fair enough.

So ANY spending to promote job creation even when it is deficit neutral is not going to work in your opinion.

You seem to be suggesting that the only way to create jobs is to cut regulations on business to do what they want and how they want.

I'll leave it at that if that's what you prefer. No problem.

Your take. So I repeat, since the Dems control the Senate, all the committees, why not do as our Governmental form requires and submit those LEGALLY submitted bills to committee? Is Reid afraid they will pass committee? Is he afraid if they get past committee they will somehow survive a floor vote?

You are admitting as Sarah G just did that it is perfectly ok for the democrats to refuse to do their job unless the Republicans in the House only do what the dems want.

His take?

No sir. It is not his take. If he read the bills with an open mind he would have a completely different take.

He simply reguritated the spin that Obama knew he was naive enough to regurgitate without first educating himself on the truth.

Each and every bill is an attempt to sell out the American people and present deregulation as a "Jobs Bill"

Why don't Republicans do some direct legislation for once rather than pass off all these "Trust me" bills?

Trust me.......if you waive all these environmental bills, I will hire more people
Trust me.....if you don't monitor what I am doing, I will hire more people

Why don't they do direct legislation? Because unlike many on your side the gop knows it can't legislate jobs. They know we can only encourage job growth by removing the hurdles and getting govt out of the private sector.

His take?

No sir. It is not his take. If he read the bills with an open mind he would have a completely different take.

He simply reguritated the spin that Obama knew he was naive enough to regurgitate without first educating himself on the truth.

Each and every bill is an attempt to sell out the American people and present deregulation as a "Jobs Bill"

Why don't Republicans do some direct legislation for once rather than pass off all these "Trust me" bills?

Trust me.......if you waive all these environmental bills, I will hire more people

Why don't they do direct legislation? Because unlike many on your side the gop knows it can't legislate jobs. They know we can only encourage job growth by removing the hurdles and getting govt out of the private sector.

How do "they know". Past examples perhaps?

Amazing. You support Reid preventing bills from even going to committee simply because of politics while decrying Republicans using the EXACT tactics the dems used when Bush was President. Go figure.

What I support is returning Government to the way it has always worked. Cooperation and compromise. You scale down this language and I will vote for it. You let this bill pass and I will let your bill pass. Let's get together and put out a bill we both agree on

There is no win-win in Congress. A win-win solution allows the other guy to win also and is unacceptable. Compromise shows weakness, I would rather nothing get done than to allow any of your agenda to pass

You want your Republican bills to pass? Then allow some of the Obama jobs bill to get through and you get some of your deregulation in return

That is the way government works

You are either intentionally missing the point or simply are dense.

Reid is NOT even allowing the bills to go to committee. Republicans in the House ARE bringing up bills as required by the rules of the House, sending them to committee, shooting them down or passing them on to the floor.

REID is not allowing the bills to even go to committee. REID not the Republicans, is preventing debate.

You are missing the point

Reid is playing politics the same way Republicans played politics to keep the Obama jobs bill from going for a vote. As long as politics has more important than getting jobs for the American people, nothing will get done

Give a little...get a little

That is the way things work

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

Wow you sound EXACTLY like conservatives do when they describe Obama's Jobs bill....interesting.

But I do not agree with the premise that if the government throws money into the economy, it will help the private sector create jobs...especially when the private sector is hampered by unecessary regulations.

That is my ideology....and I need to be honest with you RDD....I am not in the mood to have this debate again...it has been going on for decades and no one can prove the other wrong and themselves right.

You'll notice he didn't post why the AJA should't be passed, which is the point of this discussion.

The House Bills are a joke. Definitely. How is the AJA a joke? What portion of it makes it Bad, Wrong and therefore, it shouldn't be passed?

I'm sure somebody will quote JH if he actually addresses my point(s).

I haven't seen ANY post in this thread that EXPLAINED why each of the 15 bills ignored by Reid are a joke. Or is that just different?

They are a joke because they try to pass off rampant environmental deregulation as a jobs bill. All they do is compile the GOP wish list and label them as job creators

Shows that the GOP is not serious about creating jobs

Last edited:
You'll notice he didn't post why the AJA should't be passed, which is the point of this discussion.

The House Bills are a joke. Definitely. How is the AJA a joke? What portion of it makes it Bad, Wrong and therefore, it shouldn't be passed?

I'm sure somebody will quote JH if he actually addresses my point(s).

I haven't seen ANY post in this thread that EXPLAINED why each of the 15 bills ignored by Reid are a joke. Or is that just different?

They are a joke because they try to pass off rampant environmental deregulation as a jobs bill

All 15? Ok I will play your game. Obama's Jobs bill is a joke because it gives money to Unions and the faithful while raising the deficit. Ohh by the way it creates no permanent job.

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

Wow you sound EXACTLY like conservatives do when they describe Obama's Jobs bill....interesting.

Obamas job bill tries to push through legislation masked as "job creating"?

Which part is a joke?

But I do not agree with the premise that if the government throws money into the economy, it will help the private sector create jobs...especially when the private sector is hampered by unecessary regulations.That is my ideology....and I need to be honest with you RDD....I am not in the mood to have this debate again...it has been going on for decades and no one can prove the other wrong and themselves right.

Alright, fair enough.

So ANY spending to promote job creation even when it is deficit neutral is not going to work in your opinion.

You seem to be suggesting that the only way to create jobs is to cut regulations on business to do what they want and how they want.

I'll leave it at that if that's what you prefer. No problem.

i put my sentiments in bold...the last part of it being a crucial part.

Simply said....

Fixing a hole in a boat will help prevent it from sinking...but will do nothing if you are also drilling new holes in the boat as you fix them.

The way I see it is you believe it is best to simply fix the holes quicker than they are being drilled.....and I understand that.....and it is most definitely one solution.

But that is the most costly solution.

And in times like these where we have a debt issue looming over us....I say lets fix it as cheaply as possible.

They are a joke because they try to pass off rampant environmental deregulation as a jobs bill

All 15? Ok I will play your game. Obama's Jobs bill is a joke because it gives money to Unions and the faithful while raising the deficit. Ohh by the way it creates no permanent job.

How does it raise the deficit?

It IS called a JOBS bill.

Ok provide for us the portion of the supposed Jobs bill that pays for ALL the money it wants to spend.

His take?

Trust me....if only I didn't have that pesky government looking over my shoulder, I could hire more people

It IS called a JOBS bill.

Ummm right. Ok, if that went over your head, lets try this.....Which part of the Obama JOBS bill was a masked effort with some other motive other than creating jobs? Try and keep up.

It doesn't create anything but a few temporary jobs, jobs I might add that would already exist if the Government were not raiding the transportation fund.

You get it. Most conservatives and libertarians see obama's "Jobs Bill" as just another attempt for more of the same stimulus spending that already failed....hence its just trying to push for more legislation and taxpayer money as kickbacks for democrat croinies and is not aimed at creating jobs.

deficit neutral does not mean it is not spending money.

It is spending a half a trillion dollars that can be used to either lower the debt or bolster up SS or whatever...

We see it as money that does not need to be spent...we have ideas thast we believe will work without spending.

Ok provide for us the portion of the supposed Jobs bill that pays for ALL the money it wants to spend.

It is paid for by a 0.7% tax increase on income over $1 million dollars.

Forum List

Back