100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

Only judges, not bureaucrats have the ability to limit or remove rights under our Constitution. You might want to review the 5th and 14th Amendments. Grassley was completely correct.

The above has NOT stopped morons like you from constantly challenging Roe v. Wade, isn't that so???

Deflection noted. Do try to stay on topic.

Did you or did you not say that JUDGES and not bureaucrats should make the decision regarding an individual's rights???

If you say judges, should Roe v. Wade be then challenged by you morons?

That's because there is nothing you can do to keep the bad guy from getting guns. It's been our point all along.

Unless we make it a death penalty crime, and carry the penalty out within six months, you're not going to deter a criminal with a few months in jail for having an illegal gun.

Just because we can't stop every single bad guy every time, we can sure do a ton better than allowing over 100,000 shootings a year. Publish a list of potential bad guys like we do the registered sex offenders, so citizens can keep eyes on them. Without that you have no idea that your neighbor is on the terror watch or no fly list. You don't know they are on psycho drugs, violent with restraining orders. They should not be allowed to have guns & we should know about it.

We are fortunate enough to be free, not repeatedly searched or asked for papers & not deported without due process. We don't need to allow this scum to drive, fly, or have high capacity weapons, explosives, hazardous materials or armor.

The difference is that registered sex offenders have had a fair trail, convicted and sentenced to prison. We don't put those people on the list because they were once suspected of something.

Your 100,000 figure is misleading:

Nearly two-thirds (62 percent) of firearm deaths in the U.S. are suicides.

Of the 169,395 firearm deaths in the US from 2011 to 2015 (the most recent five years of data available), 105,183 (or 62 percent) were suicides. To calculate this total, Everytown relies on CDC data regarding fatal injury by intent.3

So just using homicides alone, there were about 170,000 in five years; most of them suicides.

So what a few people can't have a gun. I have to rewire every rental house for GFCI because it might save 20 lives nation wide. Ask me if I give a shit about infringing a tiny bit on their rights.

Wow that's hard, add a few breakers or receptacles, cry me a river.

It's more than that to separate circuits through the house to code to prevent freezers from tripping off & lose all your food, heaters to keep pipes from freezing, sump pump to prevent flooding or well pump to prevent water system from filling with toxics.

None of those require GCFIs by themselves except maybe the sump pump. Well pumps are already underground, and if toxins are present they will pump them. Well pumps turn off and on to meet demand. Weren't GCFIs your initial complaint?

Only judges, not bureaucrats have the ability to limit or remove rights under our Constitution. You might want to review the 5th and 14th Amendments. Grassley was completely correct.

The above has NOT stopped morons like you from constantly challenging Roe v. Wade, isn't that so???

Deflection noted. Do try to stay on topic.

Did you or did you not say that JUDGES and not bureaucrats should make the decision regarding an individual's rights???

If you say judges, should Roe v. Wade be then challenged by you morons?

No I didn't say that, this is what I said:

Only judges, not bureaucrats have the ability to limit or remove rights under our Constitution.

I guess you're not smart enough to know the difference between a judge limiting or removing rights and inventing them.

Just because we can't stop every single bad guy every time, we can sure do a ton better than allowing over 100,000 shootings a year. Publish a list of potential bad guys like we do the registered sex offenders, so citizens can keep eyes on them. Without that you have no idea that your neighbor is on the terror watch or no fly list. You don't know they are on psycho drugs, violent with restraining orders. They should not be allowed to have guns & we should know about it.

We are fortunate enough to be free, not repeatedly searched or asked for papers & not deported without due process. We don't need to allow this scum to drive, fly, or have high capacity weapons, explosives, hazardous materials or armor.

The difference is that registered sex offenders have had a fair trail, convicted and sentenced to prison. We don't put those people on the list because they were once suspected of something.

Of the 169,395 firearm deaths in the US from 2011 to 2015 (the most recent five years of data available), 105,183 (or 62 percent) were suicides. To calculate this total, Everytown relies on CDC data regarding fatal injury by intent.3

So just using homicides alone, there were about 170,000 in five years; most of them suicides.

So what a few people can't have a gun. I have to rewire every rental house for GFCI because it might save 20 lives nation wide. Ask me if I give a shit about infringing a tiny bit on their rights.

It's more than that to separate circuits through the house to code to prevent freezers from tripping off & lose all your food, heaters to keep pipes from freezing, sump pump to prevent flooding or well pump to prevent water system from filling with toxics.

None of those require GCFIs by themselves except maybe the sump pump. Well pumps are already underground, and if toxins are present they will pump them. Well pumps turn off and on to meet demand. Weren't GCFIs your initial complaint?

GCFIs your initial complaint?

but why complain about GCFIs --LOL

I guess he thinks him having to have them justifies his desire to infringe on the constitutional rights of others.

Funny this came up in the discussion today. I came from outside and went in the basement to get my laundry. Both washer and dryer stopped. That stupid MF GFI went off and I didn't know it. I reset it, but now my laundry is going to be a little late and I have to make another trip to the basement. The inspector made me install a GFI for the washer and dryer.

I guess you're not smart enough to know the difference between a judge limiting or removing rights and inventing them.

You and your ilk can have your own reality......Its what makes cult members stick together.

Funny this came up in the discussion today. I came from outside and went in the basement to get my laundry. Both washer and dryer stopped. That stupid MF GFI went off and I didn't know it. I reset it, but now my laundry is going to be a little late and I have to make another trip to the basement. The inspector made me install a GFI for the washer and dryer.

Must be a gas dryer, I've never used on a 200v circuit for an electric dryer, they're not subject to water exposure.

Must be a gas dryer, I've never used on a 200v circuit for an electric dryer, they're not subject to water exposure.

I know, but in our city, they make me get an inspection every time I rent a unit out. This clown came down and said I have to have GFI"s on the washer and dryer outlets. I would have fought it, but money was running out because I had two units empty at the same time and was in a hurry to rent them out. Even the electrician that came to change the outlets asked WTF was that guy thinking when he wrote the violation? He said you don't use GFI's on washers and dryers.

I guess he thinks him having to have them justifies his desire to infringe on the constitutional rights of others.

well he would be incorrect

I know, but in our city, they make me get an inspection every time I rent a unit out. This clown came down and said I have to have GFI"s on the washer and dryer outlets. I would have fought it, but money was running out because I had two units empty at the same time and was in a hurry to rent them out. Even the electrician that came to change the outlets asked WTF was that guy thinking when he wrote the violation? He said you don't use GFI's on washers and dryers.

Inspections every time? What kind of a commiecrat paradise do you live in. You should have at least made him show you that requirement in the building code.

Inspections every time? What kind of a commiecrat paradise do you live in. You should have at least made him show you that requirement in the building code.

Yeah, I know. But hindsight.......

It's terrible here. All Democrats of course. If I could have seen into the future, I would have never bought this place.

Yep, every time a new tenant moves in, I can't rent the place until it's inspected. I have to get down to city hall to fill out an application for inspection, pay them $225.00, make an appointment with the company that does the inspection, and then take a day off of work to accommodate him.

No matter how many times a unit has been inspected, the next inspector always finds something else wrong. So then I have to hire somebody that's registered with the city, wait for them to come down and fix the violation, and then take another day off of work for the re-inspection.

After they finally pass it, I then have to get a tenant. But I have to get one within 30 days. If I don't, they make me start the process all over again and of course, it would cost me another $225.00 plus all the time off of work.

Democrats are Commies in disguise.

It's terrible here. All Democrats of course. If I could have seen into the future, I would have never bought this place.

Yep, every time a new tenant moves in, I can't rent the place until it's inspected. I have to get down to city hall to fill out an application for inspection, pay them $225.00, make an appointment with the company that does the inspection, and then take a day off of work to accommodate him.

No matter how many times a unit has been inspected, the next inspector always finds something else wrong. So then I have to hire somebody that's registered with the city, wait for them to come down and fix the violation, and then take another day off of work for the re-inspection.

After they finally pass it, I then have to get a tenant. But I have to get one within 30 days. If I don't, they make me start the process all over again and of course, it would cost me another $225.00 plus all the time off of work.

It's all about the money and control, I'd get the hell out of that shit hole.

Easier said than done. They really destroyed our property value. In fact, I applied for a property tax reduction. Of course they fought it, but I told the people at the hearing of how these landlord rules greatly lower my property value. After all, nobody wants to invest in a headache unless the price is low enough. Investors would rather put their money in a good suburb where the city leaves you alone and minds their own business.

Easier said than done. They really destroyed our property value. In fact, I applied for a property tax reduction. Of course they fought it, but I told the people at the hearing of how these landlord rules greatly lower my property value. After all, nobody wants to invest in a headache unless the price is low enough. Investors would rather put their money in a good suburb where the city leaves you alone and minds their own business.

I hope it worked. If they lose enough in taxes, maybe they'll relax the other crap.

I hope it worked. If they lose enough in taxes, maybe they'll relax the other crap.

I doubt it. Been fighting with them the last ten years on this although the Mayor that instituted these ridiculous regulations recently died at a younger age. :dance:

I even threatened to sue them once and so did my tenant because they wanted to do an inspection every three years occupied or not. They backed down on that one, and they also backed down because of my threat of suing them for violation of equal protection under the law; they only inspected rental houses and gave a pass to apartment buildings. After that threat, they started to inspect apartment buildings too.

I doubt it. Been fighting with them the last ten years on this although the Mayor that instituted these ridiculous regulations recently died at a younger age. :dance:

I even threatened to sue them once and so did my tenant because they wanted to do an inspection every three years occupied or not. They backed down on that one, and they also backed down because of my threat of suing them for violation of equal protection under the law; they only inspected rental houses and gave a pass to apartment buildings. After that threat, they started to inspect apartment buildings too.

That could cost a large complex with a lot of turnover a butt load of money. I guess it's an incentive to keeps the tenants happy.

hope you passing that cost off to the tenants

Forum List

Back