100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

‘So think about 10 or 15 people, who are weekend shooters with limited tactical training, deciding to shoot it out with a criminal in a crowded office holiday party, a medical clinic or a darkened theater, while people are screaming and running, and no one knows who or how many of the people shooting are the “good guys” and how many of them are the “bad guys.”

In some cases, can a “good guy” with a gun neutralize the threat and help save lives? Absolutely. But it doesn’t happen very often. It is, for the most part, a myth perpetuated by people who’ve never been shot at.

I am a proud Navy combat veteran. I risked and nearly gave my life in dozens of combat situations in defense of our Constitution. I value the Second Amendment and the right of responsible Americans to own guns for self-defense.

But people need to know that it is a fallacy to believe that the everyday gun owner can be expected to make all the right choices in a dangerous, fast-moving situation like a mass shooting with high-powered weapons.’

The 'good guy with a gun' myth

Citizens have the right to carry concealed firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement,’ or to otherwise ‘fight crime.’

‘Good guy with a gun’ is in fact a ridiculous rightwing myth.

You're a damned liar, I have the right to defend my life or the lives of others. I alone am responsible for my actions. You can do your second guessing after the fight, not before.

You snowflakes have never been in a firefight. You would freeze up & crap your britches.

NO ONE is calling for the banning of ALL guns....our country is too invested in the macho image......BUT, sane folks SHOULD call for the banning of military-style, assault weapons with extensive ammo clips whose ONLY purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

All that you gun nuts are doing is FACILITATING murderous wackos' jobs for them.
As who grew up in no guns country, we say ban all....we know what's it like to live in peace.

What country would that be?
Morocco baby gun free, lived there for 23 Yeats 0 mass shootings and our news have 0 gun crimes or killed people due to guns. Last incident was gang related 1 killed and the gangsters from Holland of Dominican origins were arreted few hours later. And people still in shock there was a gun in the country LOL
Repubtards claim crime exploded in England without guns.

Crime rate in England and Wales falls 7% to lowest level since 1981

That article was 2 years old.......
Moron.....this is what happened 10 years after the ban and confiscatin...

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade | Daily Mail Online

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

this is where we are now....

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

And....

Two men stabbed dead within hours as violent crime soars in London

The shocking attacks come as new figures revealed crime overall in London is rising, with significant increases in cases of youth violence.

A total of 35 young people under the age of 25 have been murdered in the capital in the last 12 months, an 84 per cent rise on the same period last year.

The number of cases of serious youth violence - a measure of gang activity - also rose by 18 per cent.

Gun crime rose by nearly 19 per cent and the number of shootings was up by 11 per cent to 338.

And now London is more violent than New York....

London now more dangerous than New York City, crime stats suggest

While both London and New York have populations of around 8 million, figures suggest you are almost six times more likely to be burgled in the British capital than in the US city, and one and a half times more likely to fall victim to a robbery.

London has almost three times the number of reported rapes and while the murder rate in New York remains higher, the gap is narrowing dramatically.

The change in fortunes of the two global cities has been put down largely to the difference in tactics adopted by the two police forces.

Both Scotland Yard and the New York City Police Department (NYPD) have just over 30,000 officers each and budgets of around £3 billion a year.

But in the mid-1990s spiralling crime rates in New York - sparked by the crack cocaine epidemic - resulted in radical a new approach being adopted by the city's police department.

Under the leadership of Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and police commissioner, Bill Bratton, the NYPD introduced a zero tolerance approach to low level crime and flooded problem areas with patrols.

The force also put a huge amount of emphasis on community policing in order to build bridges between the police and members of the public.

As a result the murder plummeted from a high in 1990 of over 2,000 to a record low of 335 last year.

That figure is expected to fall even lower this year, and is currently in line to dip below 240.

I hope most of them were blacks killing blacks. No one cares. Especially the OP. Who, is thoroughly owned in his own thread.

You the fool:

CDC Study - “In 2010, incidents in the U.S. involving firearms injured or killed more than 105,000 Americans, of which there were twice as many nonfatal firearm-related injuries (73,505) than deaths.”

How many self defense uses in 2010?

“Self-defense can be an important crime deterrent,” concluded a study by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) mandated via executive order by President Barack Obama. The findings also question the effectiveness of gun-control measures.

Obama Study Concluded Firearms Used for Self-Defense ‘Important Crime Deterrent’

I hope most of them were blacks killing blacks. No one cares. Especially the OP. Who, is thoroughly owned in his own thread.

You the fool:

CDC Study - “In 2010, incidents in the U.S. involving firearms injured or killed more than 105,000 Americans, of which there were twice as many nonfatal firearm-related injuries (73,505) than deaths.”

“Self-defense can be an important crime deterrent,” concluded a study by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) mandated via executive order by President Barack Obama. The findings also question the effectiveness of gun-control measures.

Obama Study Concluded Firearms Used for Self-Defense ‘Important Crime Deterrent’

Plus, most of those are blacks being shot by other blacks, and no one gives a flying shit about that. Certainly not me and especially not a left wing cocksucker like that moron.

‘So think about 10 or 15 people, who are weekend shooters with limited tactical training, deciding to shoot it out with a criminal in a crowded office holiday party, a medical clinic or a darkened theater, while people are screaming and running, and no one knows who or how many of the people shooting are the “good guys” and how many of them are the “bad guys.”

In some cases, can a “good guy” with a gun neutralize the threat and help save lives? Absolutely. But it doesn’t happen very often. It is, for the most part, a myth perpetuated by people who’ve never been shot at.

I am a proud Navy combat veteran. I risked and nearly gave my life in dozens of combat situations in defense of our Constitution. I value the Second Amendment and the right of responsible Americans to own guns for self-defense.

But people need to know that it is a fallacy to believe that the everyday gun owner can be expected to make all the right choices in a dangerous, fast-moving situation like a mass shooting with high-powered weapons.’

Citizens have the right to carry concealed firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement,’ or to otherwise ‘fight crime.’

You're a damned liar, I have the right to defend my life or the lives of others. I alone am responsible for my actions. You can do your second guessing after the fight, not before.

You snowflakes have never been in a firefight. You would freeze up & crap your britches.

Really, I have 21 year military experience, including a tour in Vietnam, you want to try me and see if I freeze up?

Quit being a freak, OKTexas. You are judged for you actions by the law.

No, you are not alone in being your own judge and jury.

Yeah, you are old and trembling. Yeah, you would freeze.

You are stupid. With all due disrespect.

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?

GFY.

I may be getting old, but I can still put together a pretty tight shot group, even with a hand gun.

You are stupid. With all due disrespect.
Says one of the most emotionally stupid posters on the Board.

Stupidity is a corrosion of the intellect emotionally, meaning the unwillingness to learn.

Your writing demonstrates that defect.

I may be getting old, but I can still put together a pretty tight shot group, even with a hand gun. .
That is not the same as a gun fight at eight to ten feet. I doubt you are any kind of daisy.

I may be getting old, but I can still put together a pretty tight shot group, even with a hand gun. .
That is not the same as a gun fight at eight to ten feet. I doubt you are any kind of daisy.

It's called close quarters combat, been there, trained on that. Do you know why training is important? It takes over when your mind takes a vacation. And keeping up your training is important when you carry a firearm.

The whole country needs to be trained on personal security, like staying aware of your surroundings, knowing where entrances and exits are, what can be used for concealment, what can be used for cover and always scan the area for possible threats. Sounds like a lot, it's not hard if you make it a habit.

BTW I can recommend a great training center in AZ if you're interested.

These so called non shooting brandishing a gun to stop a perceived attack are mostly people pulling a gun on an unarmed person they don't like. Mostly fantasy. In reality when an armed person decides to attack, you will have no clue until you are looking down the barrel or you feel the pain of bullets. It's not a TV show. They don't warn you so you have a chance to defend yourself or pull a gun.

Really, I have 21 year military experience, including a tour in Vietnam, you want to try me and see if I freeze up?

I've been in worse by the time I was 7 years old. You would be dead before you ever saw me! I live in St. Louis & been at gunpoint or shot at 6 times by 8 thugs.

Last edited:

You the fool:

Yep. Happened here just the other day. A CCW holder stopped a thief from robbing his business......again:

Cleveland businessman stops thief, holds him at gunpoint until police arrive

You the fool:

Yep. Happened here just the other day. A CCW holder stopped a thief from robbing his business......again:

He pulled a gun on a tire thief & could claim armed robbery because thief used a tire iron to remove lug-nuts. That does not count as saving lives with a gun. Yes they may occasionally stop a crime, but the owner & cameras already caught the guy in the act.

Yeah guns may stop 500,000 crimes or perceived crimes a year, but they are not saving innocent from being shot or lives. We are not doing enough to keep guns from bad guys.

Last edited:

You the fool:

He pulled a gun on a tire thief & could claim armed robbery because thief used a tire iron to remove lug-nuts. That does not count as saving lives with a gun. Yes they may occasionally stop a crime, but the owner & cameras already caught the guy in the act.

Yeah guns may stop 500,000 crimes or perceived crimes a year, but they are not saving innocent from being shot or lives. We are not doing enough to keep guns from bad guys.

That's because there is nothing you can do to keep the bad guy from getting guns. It's been our point all along.

Unless we make it a death penalty crime, and carry the penalty out within six months, you're not going to deter a criminal with a few months in jail for having an illegal gun.

You the fool:

Obama Study Concluded Firearms Used for Self-Defense ‘Important Crime Deterrent’.

That's because there is nothing you can do to keep the bad guy from getting guns. It's been our point all along.

Unless we make it a death penalty crime, and carry the penalty out within six months, you're not going to deter a criminal with a few months in jail for having an illegal gun.

Just because we can't stop every single bad guy every time, we can sure do a ton better than allowing over 100,000 shootings a year. Publish a list of potential bad guys like we do the registered sex offenders, so citizens can keep eyes on them. Without that you have no idea that your neighbor is on the terror watch or no fly list. You don't know they are on psycho drugs, violent with restraining orders. They should not be allowed to have guns & we should know about it.

We are fortunate enough to be free, not repeatedly searched or asked for papers & not deported without due process. We don't need to allow this scum to drive, fly, or have high capacity weapons, explosives, hazardous materials or armor.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back