100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

Funny this came up in the discussion today. I came from outside and went in the basement to get my laundry. Both washer and dryer stopped. That stupid MF GFI went off and I didn't know it. I reset it, but now my laundry is going to be a little late and I have to make another trip to the basement. The inspector made me install a GFI for the washer and dryer.

Must be a gas dryer, I've never used on a 200v circuit for an electric dryer, they're not subject to water exposure.

I know, but in our city, they make me get an inspection every time I rent a unit out. This clown came down and said I have to have GFI"s on the washer and dryer outlets. I would have fought it, but money was running out because I had two units empty at the same time and was in a hurry to rent them out. Even the electrician that came to change the outlets asked WTF was that guy thinking when he wrote the violation? He said you don't use GFI's on washers and dryers.

Inspections every time? What kind of a commiecrat paradise do you live in. You should have at least made him show you that requirement in the building code.

Yeah, I know. But hindsight.......

It's terrible here. All Democrats of course. If I could have seen into the future, I would have never bought this place.

Yep, every time a new tenant moves in, I can't rent the place until it's inspected. I have to get down to city hall to fill out an application for inspection, pay them $225.00, make an appointment with the company that does the inspection, and then take a day off of work to accommodate him.

No matter how many times a unit has been inspected, the next inspector always finds something else wrong. So then I have to hire somebody that's registered with the city, wait for them to come down and fix the violation, and then take another day off of work for the re-inspection.

After they finally pass it, I then have to get a tenant. But I have to get one within 30 days. If I don't, they make me start the process all over again and of course, it would cost me another $225.00 plus all the time off of work.

Democrats are Commies in disguise.

hope you passing that cost off to the tenants

I try to, but there is only so much you can charge for rent in a city like this. During the housing bubble, every lowlife from the inner-city projects moved here and destroyed the place. Even though the banks kicked them out and back into the projects, it's like after a tornado hits and no money to rebuild.

Yeah, I know. But hindsight.......

It's terrible here. All Democrats of course. If I could have seen into the future, I would have never bought this place.

Yep, every time a new tenant moves in, I can't rent the place until it's inspected. I have to get down to city hall to fill out an application for inspection, pay them $225.00, make an appointment with the company that does the inspection, and then take a day off of work to accommodate him.

No matter how many times a unit has been inspected, the next inspector always finds something else wrong. So then I have to hire somebody that's registered with the city, wait for them to come down and fix the violation, and then take another day off of work for the re-inspection.

After they finally pass it, I then have to get a tenant. But I have to get one within 30 days. If I don't, they make me start the process all over again and of course, it would cost me another $225.00 plus all the time off of work.

Democrats are Commies in disguise.

It's all about the money and control, I'd get the hell out of that shit hole.

Easier said than done. They really destroyed our property value. In fact, I applied for a property tax reduction. Of course they fought it, but I told the people at the hearing of how these landlord rules greatly lower my property value. After all, nobody wants to invest in a headache unless the price is low enough. Investors would rather put their money in a good suburb where the city leaves you alone and minds their own business.

I hope it worked. If they lose enough in taxes, maybe they'll relax the other crap.

I doubt it. Been fighting with them the last ten years on this although the Mayor that instituted these ridiculous regulations recently died at a younger age. :dance:

I even threatened to sue them once and so did my tenant because they wanted to do an inspection every three years occupied or not. They backed down on that one, and they also backed down because of my threat of suing them for violation of equal protection under the law; they only inspected rental houses and gave a pass to apartment buildings. After that threat, they started to inspect apartment buildings too.

That could cost a large complex with a lot of turnover a butt load of money. I guess it's an incentive to keeps the tenants happy.

At least it's somewhat fair now. After all, I have to compete with apartment buildings when the market gets slow. Today I can get a great tenant by just snapping my fingers. Nobody wants to own a home any longer. Everybody wants to rent today which is good for us.

It's all about the money and control, I'd get the hell out of that shit hole.

Easier said than done. They really destroyed our property value. In fact, I applied for a property tax reduction. Of course they fought it, but I told the people at the hearing of how these landlord rules greatly lower my property value. After all, nobody wants to invest in a headache unless the price is low enough. Investors would rather put their money in a good suburb where the city leaves you alone and minds their own business.

I hope it worked. If they lose enough in taxes, maybe they'll relax the other crap.

I doubt it. Been fighting with them the last ten years on this although the Mayor that instituted these ridiculous regulations recently died at a younger age. :dance:

I even threatened to sue them once and so did my tenant because they wanted to do an inspection every three years occupied or not. They backed down on that one, and they also backed down because of my threat of suing them for violation of equal protection under the law; they only inspected rental houses and gave a pass to apartment buildings. After that threat, they started to inspect apartment buildings too.

That could cost a large complex with a lot of turnover a butt load of money. I guess it's an incentive to keeps the tenants happy.

At least it's somewhat fair now. After all, I have to compete with apartment buildings when the market gets slow. Today I can get a great tenant by just snapping my fingers. Nobody wants to own a home any longer. Everybody wants to rent today which is good for us.

If it were me, I'd put it all on the market and wait for someone to meet my price and then GTFO and invest elsewhere.

If it were me, I'd put it all on the market and wait for someone to meet my price and then GTFO and invest elsewhere.

That's easier said than done too. I have three units and all basements leak. The city has to inspect any property put up for sale before they will allow it. So I could be screwing myself there. To do the job right, it would cost over 100K for all three houses. Then there is the appraisal value which my last one was pretty low; that's why I filed for a property tax reduction.

A house is only worth as much as a bank will loan the money for. Nobody is buying rental property for cash in this neighborhood. Even if I get the price I want, the buyer would have to come up with at least 100K cash, and that's never going to happen.

Better check your numbers, unless you rely on Facebook for your news.
The first is data for deaths by guns, which is included in an annual report about deaths of all types during calendar year 2009. The numbers for gun deaths is broken down into several categories:

Suicide: 18,735 deaths
Homicide: 11,493 deaths
Unintentional: 554 deaths
Legal interventions: 333 deaths
Undetermined: 232 deaths

Total: 31,347 deaths

The second data set tracks non-fatal injuries by guns. According to the CDC, there were 73,505 non-fatal firearm injuries in 2010. (We will ignore an additional 13,851 non-fatal injuries from BB or pellet guns.)

How accurate is the Facebook post?

If you add together the gun deaths and the non-fatal gun injuries, you get 104,852 people shot in a year. That’s very close to the 1000,000 the Facebook post said.

Idiotic to add those numbers of entirely different events together and think the result has any real meaning. You don't understand the difference between murder suicide and accident? Really?

Being Deer Season for Rifles currently reminds me of additional time bullets went flying past my head. My neighbor let some city idiots hunt a half mile away. One asshole was shooting at a running deer with a high caliber automatic rifle with high capacity magazine. The SOB fan sprayed about 30 rounds across the area & missed the deer. Bullets hit 2 of my machine sheds, my house, tractors, equipment, neighbors cows & past my head. Could never get anyone to admit who did that shit because I would have made sure he had a fatal hunting accident. He fired FMJs that went through the barn, tractor fender & fuel tank causing 200 gallons to spill into the ground. Neighbors cows died (ironic karma), my planters hydraulic lines were destroyed, house roof leaked.

Last edited:
Being Deer Season for Rifles currently reminds me of additional time bullets went flying past my head. My neighbor let some city idiots hunt a half mile away. One asshole was shooting at a running deer with a high caliber automatic rifle with high capacity magazine. The SOB fan sprayed about 30 rounds across the area & missed the deer. Bullets hit 2 of my machine sheds, my house, tractors, equipment, neighbors cows & past my head. Could never get anyone to admit who did that shit because I would have made sure he had a fatal hunting accident. He fired FMJs that went through the barn, tractor fender & fuel tank causing 200 gallons to spill into the ground. Neighbors cows died (ironic karma), my planters hydraulic lines were destroyed, house roof leaked.

No one was hunting deer with an automatic rifle you fucking MORON

St. Louis courts announce streamlined approach to more types of gun crimes

The St. Louis Circuit Court has formed a broader system of managing certain gun crimes, streamlining cases through three dedicated judges. Now, C and D felony gun crimes, which encompass more gun crimes than had been addressed in the previous gun docket, will be handled by Judges Steven Ohmer, Michael Stelzer and Timothy Wilson.

The judges had established a docket two years ago that handled a smaller number of gun cases. This docket will include crimes such as endangering the welfare of a child, dealing drugs with a gun and illegally possessing a gun.

The St. Louis Circuit Court has formed a broader system of managing certain gun crimes, streamlining cases through three dedicated judges. Now, C and D felony gun crimes, which encompass more gun crimes than had been addressed in the previous gun docket, will be handled by Judges Steven Ohmer, Michael Stelzer and Timothy Wilson.

The judges had established a docket two years ago that handled a smaller number of gun cases. This docket will include crimes such as endangering the welfare of a child, dealing drugs with a gun and illegally possessing a gun.

So? Weren't those crimes already illegal?
You realize you are off topic on your own thread?

Oh no I did not go off topic. We the people need to see a published list of any potential problem person. Terrorist, no fly, suicidal, angry, criminal, etc. Due process convicted or not, suicidal people have high risk of taking many others out with them. We also must do a much better job charging, convicting & sentencing gun crimes.

Oh no I did not go off topic. We the people need to see a published list of any potential problem person. Terrorist, no fly, suicidal, angry, criminal, etc. Due process convicted or not, suicidal people have high risk of taking many others out with them. We also must do a much better job charging, convicting & sentencing gun crimes.

You do know that the no fly list is completely arbitrary and contains many names of people who have committed no crimes don't you?

The 100,000 number is bullshit but if it was true then 95,000 of them would be in these Democrat controlled big city shitholes with stringent gun control laws.

The AR-15 is the most popular civilian self defense rifle...it is not and has never been a military rifle....

Give it a rest, penis-extension-boy....

“Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47,” the Stoner family told NBC News. ...

AR-15 Inventor's Family: This Was Meant to Be a Military Weapon

What is the difference between an AR-15 and the rifle below?

A%20ranch_rifle-M.jpg
Wooden stock?

Correct!

NO ONE is calling for the banning of ALL guns....our country is too invested in the macho image......BUT, sane folks SHOULD call for the banning of military-style, assault weapons with extensive ammo clips whose ONLY purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

All that you gun nuts are doing is FACILITATING murderous wackos' jobs for them.
As who grew up in no guns country, we say ban all....we know what's it like to live in peace.

What country would that be?
Morocco baby gun free, lived there for 23 Yeats 0 mass shootings and our news have 0 gun crimes or killed people due to guns. Last incident was gang related 1 killed and the gangsters from Holland of Dominican origins were arreted few hours later. And people still in shock there was a gun in the country LOL
Repubtards claim crime exploded in England without guns.

Crime rate in England and Wales falls 7% to lowest level since 1981

And yet, the Violent Crime Rate is still higher than the United States.

So what a few people can't have a gun. I have to rewire every rental house for GFCI because it might save 20 lives nation wide. Ask me if I give a shit about infringing a tiny bit on their rights.

As you know, you don't rewire a house to add a GFCI outlet. Quit lying and whining.

That's total bullshit. We the people have no such need. We the people have a constitutional right to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law. Libel is itself a crime. This should make you happy because I would expect to see your name on any such list.

Forum List

Back