1/3 rd jobs created in 2014 came from Texas

Sure, you might have a job, but who the fuck wants to live in Texas?

I'm getting a huge raise, buying a house that would cost over a million dollars in this state for a fraction of the price and to top it all off no more winters.

I'll take it.
There is still winters...

Yeah, it wont even compare to a NY winter.
Nope, but the bugs will let you know you are in their territory...

I'm getting a huge raise, buying a house that would cost over a million dollars in this state for a fraction of the price and to top it all off no more winters.

I'll take it.

He's not going to be on the coast.

I'll take it.

You don't have to be..While at Fart Hood crickets loved to infest your place, or those large water bugs that hang around fruit trees and bushes....

Goes to show that the President doesn't have much to do with job creation, regardless of which party they're from.

Texas is drawing large numbers of workers out of Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Florida...

...all Republican run states.

Really? Got a link?
1626*600xx600-401-0-7.jpg

I'll take it.

If you're not near the coast, then you're in the barren wasteland.

I'll take it.

Never been to Texas I see.

I'll take it.

I thought you were some big hot shot Economics guru. You should be able to have a job wherever you want and name your price. Maybe your talk has been exaggerated.

Just a head's up, Texas still has winters. South Texas may have shorter periods of winter weather, but don't get your hopes up too high. Also, don't forget that the trade off is that Summer lasts longer and is more brutal. Texas housing law considers AC as a necessity for a reason. Personally, I prefer living in more expensive areas now and plan to one day retire somewhere where the cost of living is lower. Better to get employer 401K matching at the higher salary that comes with a higher cost of living region, and have that much of a bigger nest egg down the road. But that's just me.

Never been to Texas I see.

Actually I have. Many times.

I'll pass.

Although it is comforting to know that such a place exists should some horrible set of circumstances force me to seek refuge in the low rent district of the US.

I'll take it.

I thought you were some big hot shot Economics guru. You should be able to have a job wherever you want and name your price. Maybe your talk has been exaggerated.

Just a head's up, Texas still has winters. South Texas may have shorter periods of winter weather, but don't get your hopes up too high. Also, don't forget that the trade off is that Summer lasts longer and is more brutal. Texas housing law considers AC as a necessity for a reason. Personally, I prefer living in more expensive areas now and plan to one day retire somewhere where the cost of living is lower. Better to get employer 401K matching at the higher salary that comes with a higher cost of living region, and have that much of a bigger nest egg down the road. But that's just me.

I never claimed to be a "big shot guru economist" , Knucklehead.

I'll take it.

I never claimed to be a "big shot guru economist" , Knucklehead.

I don't see your unemployed ass running to Texass...

I am. Leaving NY for Texas in 2 weeks. Because that's where the jobs are going. But why? Why liberals?

I am. Leaving NY for Texas in 2 weeks. Because that's where the jobs are going. But why? Why liberals?

Sure, lots of jobs in Texas, but it has nothing to do with anything the extreme right wing or Perry have done. The same job increases would be found in any state where an oil find as big as Eagle Ford is discovered. Are you saying conservatives somehow put that oil there?
https://www.dallasfed.org/assets/documents/research/swe/2012/swe1202b.pdf

Sure, lots of jobs in Texas, but it has nothing to do with anything the extreme right wing or Perry have done. The same job increases would be found in any state where an oil find as big as Eagle Ford is discovered. Are you saying conservatives somehow put that oil there?
https://www.dallasfed.org/assets/documents/research/swe/2012/swe1202b.pdf

Forum List

Back