Zogby: McCain Retakes the Lead

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
Zogby: McCain Takes the Lead

Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:07 PM

By: David Alliot Article Font Size

The very latest poll numbers from John Zogby put John McCain squarely ahead of Barack Obama at 46 percent to 44 percent, respectively.

McCain moved from three percentage points behind Obama to two points ahead of the democratic candidate in less than a week. One possible reason for the boost — McCain’s decision to forego politics as usual to focus on the current financial meltdown. The polling was conducted after McCain’s announcement that he would suspending his campaign.

Independent voters played a key role in the latest figures: McCain now leads with independents by nine points, 43 percent to 34 percent.
:clap2:
Zogby International

Last edited:
If McCain wins Friday's debate (yes, I think there'll be a debate) then likely McCain wins the election. Historically the winner of the first debate pulls ahead and wins the election. That being said anything is possible and that is certainly not where the Democrats or Obama thought this would be with 40 days to go - let alone sitting at a table with President Bush instead of out campaigning.

The very latest poll numbers from John Zogby put John McCain squarely ahead of Barack Obama at 46 percent to 44 percent, respectively.

McCain moved from three percentage points behind Obama to two points ahead of the democratic candidate in less than a week. One possible reason for the boost — McCain’s decision to forego politics as usual to focus on the current financial meltdown. The polling was conducted after McCain’s announcement that he would suspending his campaign.

Independent voters played a key role in the latest figures: McCain now leads with independents by nine points, 43 percent to 34 percent.
Zogby International

I hate to say this, but any "lead" under 3 is a tie.

If McCain wins Friday's debate (yes, I think there'll be a debate) then likely McCain wins the election. Historically the winner of the first debate pulls ahead and wins the election. That being said anything is possible and that is certainly not where the Democrats or Obama thought this would be with 40 days to go - let alone sitting at a table with President Bush instead of out campaigning.

Do you think it's where someone who's been in govenment for 30 years thought it would be???

I'm figuring both of them knew that the country is divided in half... and that there's not a huge pool of voters to draw from. Barring something unforeseen, that split isn't going to change any time soon. I suspect there has to actually be a bi-partisan thinking president before that ever happens again.

Might be that hiring karl rove and the head swiftboater and picking palin backfired on mccain who really did have a shot at crossover votes.

Zogby International

I'm getting a bit tired of several Right wingers on this board.

Barack Obama has poll lead: It's nothing! A fluke! The polls are wrong! It's because he's black! He's a muslim commie baby soul eater!

John McCain has poll lead: Johnny Mac's the man! The polls are right! Barack Obama is a muslim commie baby soul eater! McCain is a maverick and will win this! Obama is done!

Notice the amount of hypocrisy by some of the Right Wingers on this board when it comes to polls? :eusa_whistle:

Because Zogby says he's down? They're the only ones... wouldn't go getting het up about it yet.

Don't you get bored?

Gallup is showing them tied at the moment, which is a 3 point swing in McCain's favor since yesterday.

RCP average: Obama +3.2

Article! Stop throwing facts and logic at the situation!

You know your confusing them by doing that. Besides, if it's anything with the word Obama +, they automatically consider it a Liberal biased poll. :rofl:

Article! Stop throwing facts and logic at the situation!

You know your confusing them by doing that. Besides, if it's anything with the word Obama +, they automatically consider it a Liberal biased poll. :rofl:

:redface:

Oooops ...

My bad, Robert.

I'll go back to being "scared" of Sarah Palin now ...

The real problem for Obama is that most of the polls have consistently been within the margin of error.

If it stays that way.......it'll translate into a McCain win on election day.

good point.

Thank you and it is.

If John McCain is in the lead, they start to toss the dirt on Obama's campaign for his grave.

The amount of spin on this board can make one very dizzy sometimes. :rofl:

how do you figure?

Because unfortunately for Barack Obama, there are a lot of white democrats who won't vote for him.

Unless Obama has a significant lead in the polls on election day....in the neighborhood of 8-10 points.....he'll lose.

Forum List

Back