Your favorite microbrew find

What ?!?! You may want to consider taste bud replacement surgury. :tongue:

And why were you drinking piss to compare it too? :disbelief:

That could be the problem right there. :D

It was Budweiser.

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe? Because it's fucking close to water.
The only exception is Sam Adams.

It was Budweiser.

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe? Because it's fucking close to water.
Sierra Nevada is an American beer. It is fucking excellent. Fat Tire is an American beer. It is fucking excellent. Budweiser is not really American. It is European.

There's a micro in Colorado called Fat Tire that I think isn't bad. Typically though, my experiences with obscure microbrews is that their flavoring has had TOO MUCH thought put into it, and it ruined it for me.

I just like a good brown lager.

You haven't many American beers, then. And I don't mean "cooking" beers like Bud or Miller. There are hundreds of fantastic microbrews in America.

I did recently have a pumpkin ale at a local brewery and it was delicious.

It was served with a dusting of brown sugar on the rim.

LOL. Did you back it with a key-lime martini, with graham cracker crumbs on the rim too? :rolleyes:

A beer is supposed to just be a beer. It's not supposed to come with accessories.

LOL. Did you back it with a key-lime martini, with graham cracker crumbs on the rim too? :rolleyes:

A beer is supposed to just be a beer. It's not supposed to come with accessories.

The beer was good on its own but the sugar was the crowning touch. Have you ever had lime beer or blueberry beer? Those flavors are not part of the fermentation process - they're added just before the bottle is capped.

The beer was good on its own but the sugar was the crowning touch. Have you ever had lime beer or blueberry beer? Those flavors are not part of the fermentation process - they're added just before the bottle is capped.

I know, I'm just screwing with you. Never had lime or blueberry, but I do like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I hear the draft is a lot better, but I haven't found a place near me that serves it. I don't get out much these days anyway.

One of my personal favorites is Polygamy Porter, brewed by Squatter's Pub in Salt Lake. An excellent porter, with nice coffee flavors in the aftertaste.

I know, I'm just screwing with you. Never had lime or blueberry, but I do like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I hear the draft is a lot better, but I haven't found a place near me that serves it. I don't get out much these days anyway.

If you ever get the chance, get some Sam Adams Chocolate Bock beer (hard to find) and alternate sipping that and the cherry wheat beer and it you'll get the taste of a chocolate covered cherry.

One of my personal favorites is Polygamy Porter, brewed by Squatter's Pub in Salt Lake. An excellent porter, with nice coffee flavors in the aftertaste.

Has anyone here tried brewing their own beer? I have with pretty good results.

If you ever get the chance, get some Sam Adams Chocolate Bock beer (hard to find) and alternate sipping that and the cherry wheat beer and it you'll get the taste of a chocolate covered cherry.

Yeah I've heard that. In my local stores I've seen every Sam Adams except the chocolate. I suppose I could have them order it for me.

Has anyone here tried brewing their own beer? I have with pretty good results.

A buddy of mine made some good stuff he got from a home kit he bought at, believe it or not, a dollar store!

I've never tried doing it myself, personally.

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Full Sail Brewery in Hood River, OR, makes a great Amber Ale and Pale Ale.

I had the Full Sail IPA before and was not impressed at all. I'm pretty sure I did not want to even finish the beer (but I did).

Almost anywhere you go in this great country you'll find some outstanding local beers. If you're in the Kansas City area, try a bottle of any of the Boulevard Brewing "Smoke Stack Series" beers. They come in 750ml (wine size) bottles, and they're all outstanding. My personal favorite is the "Double-Wide IPA", which is an American Double IPA style of beer. They're about $8 a bottle retail, and worth every penny.

A friend of mine interned at Boulevard Brewing last year and he brought some of the beer back. I had the Wheat Beer and the Pale Ale I believe. They were both really good; if I saw them at the store I'd probably buy them.

Brooklyn Brewery is excellent, they make an excellent Lagar. As is Bluepoint. Honestly, I think all of us should support these microbreweries in any way we can instead of buying Bud and Coors watered down bullshit.

Brooklyn Beer is really good. The only one in recent memory that I've had, though, is the IPA and I liked it a lot.

It was Budweiser.

Sierra Nevada is an American beer. It is fucking excellent. Fat Tire is an American beer. It is fucking excellent. Budweiser is not really American. It is European.

Fat Tire is an excellent beer.

I'm not a big fan of the Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Its very sweet. I've always said that its a beer that I could maybe have 1 of and then have to drink something else the rest of the night.

I don't know how popular it is in the rest of the country, but has anyone tried Landshark? Its a Florida beer which I think is owned by Jimmy Buffet. I has a similar taste to Corona, maybe a little more domestic. I got it a few times when it first came out, but I don't know if I'll ever buy it again. Its not bad, but its not anything too unique either. Maybe I'll get it sometime soon.

I've also had Key West Lager. It was horrible. I strongly recommend nobody ever get it. I had to force myself to drink the leftovers.

On a somewhat related note, has anyone toured any of the breweries? I've been to the Sam Adams one in Boston. It was really fun, they take you through the whole brewing process. The also have a hospitality room where everyone on your tour gets to try 3 or 4 of their beers. They tell you what to look for in a good beer (good smell, see through, etc.). You also get to keep an 8oz Sam Adams glass that they give you. If you ever go to Boston, I recommend doing that.

I've also done the Budweiser Factory tour in Jacksonville. The tour is pretty informative, and you get pretty close to the actual working machines. There is a part where they go through the company's history which is kind of boring (generally, we skip it now). You also get to view their bottling and packaging assembly line. I think this is the coolest part of out of both tours. You have an elevated view and get to see the whole process. Budweiser also has a hospitality room, but its more like a bar/restaurant seating area where you stay with your party. You get to have 2 of any of their beers and they make a lot more beers than you think.

Forum List

Back