Simple app recipe for the grill

Powerman

Jul 23, 2005
This is one of my favorite things to eat so I figured I'd share it with you all.

I don't have a name for it but it's freaking awesome.

Ingredients

20 count shrimp(that means shrimp that are 20 to a pound in case you don't know)
Bacon strips
Fresh whole Jalapenos
Philly cream cheese
Skewers of toothpics(if you are using wooden skewers you want to soak them in water before so they don't catch on fire and burn the food)

You can make as much as you want but you will need 1 piece of bacon for every shrimp and one jalapeno for every 2 shrimp. You'll have to guess on the cream cheese....

Directions:
Take the jalapenos and cut them in half long ways after cutting off the stem. Take a butter knife or utensil of your choice and spread cream cheese inside of the jalapenos. Place the jalapenos next to the shrimp and wrap all of the ingredients in the slice of bacon and put skewer through so it all stays together. Then simply place on the grill and keep and eye on them as they cook. They don't take long at all. I don't recommend putting any bbq sauce or anything of the sort on them because the blend of flavors is already sufficient. An alternative cooking method is to try to fit a sliver of white onion in the mix to crank it up a bit. I prefer them with no onions however because the onions can tend to dominate the taste. If anybody tries this let me know how they come out.

Forum List

Back