Your Extinction.

Fact check plz????>>>>>

https://www.cfact.org/2019/09/15/the-solar-panel-toxic-waste-problem/

Solar panels generate 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear power plants. They also contain lead, cadmium, and other toxic (even carcinogenic) chemicals that cannot be removed without breaking apart the entire panel. Worse, rainwater can wash many of these toxics out of the fragments of solar modules over time.

Another real concern is the vast increase in the use of nitrogen trifluoride (NF3) in the construction of solar panels – up 1,057 percent over the past 25 years. The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change deems NF3 to be 17,200 times more potent than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas – meaning that even relatively minor quantities can have major impacts.

~S~
There is also a net lost in energy. It takes more energy to mine the raw materials, manufacture, distribute, maintain and dispose of the cells than the cells generate in their lifetimes.

There is also a net lost in energy. It takes more energy to mine the raw materials, manufacture, distribute, maintain and dispose of the cells than the cells generate in their lifetimes.
And you think that doesn't apply to coal or oil? Particularly since that material ISN'T consumed by the generation of energy, while the fossil fuels you burn once then get to live with the emissions and pollution for the next many hundreds of years.

And you think that doesn't apply to coal or oil? Particularly since that material ISN'T consumed by the generation of energy, while the fossil fuels you burn once then get to live with the emissions and pollution for the next many hundreds of years.

Solar cells would be a net gain if they are used in the narrow sun belt of the SW. It is a net loss for the average usage in North America and Europe.

Yes there is a net gain with fossil fuels, nuclear and hydro. Geothermal is iffy. Solar and wind are losses and that is one of stupid reasons the government has to subsidize the goddamn things.

The science is settled!!!!

“It’s amazing that we were so spectacularly wrong about something we should understand really well: the sun,” said Brian Fields, a particle astrophysicist at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.

So, you ARE a racist piece of shit? My god, Westie finally got something right!

That is your opinion. But it isn't even your own. It is one that has been imprinted on you. So it is better than you in this regard. A plain old piece of shit. You seem to appreciate science. I have some for you. What you would call hatred or racism wouldn't even exist if there wasn't a highly necessary evolutionary reason for it. Even babies have been found to be "bigoted." It took some pretty good brainwashing to brainwash out of you the sense that even a baby has. You want more? I have more than you can handle. For example, "race" is just a politically correct way of saying species. Race doesn't exist in the rest of the animal kingdom. Species does. And humans are just part of the animal kingdom. So what you would call different races of human are in FACT different species of human.

TV.jpg

The truth is, there's no way out. We're baking in the oven already; we'll be cooked in about 10-20 years.

What you say may be true. But I say that it is best to go down fighting. The best way to fight is with solar panels. Our downfall will be largely due to industry. Or business. Especially the energy business. Solar panels would be bad for the energy business. So we should destroy utterly in that final fight that which is going to destroy most of the life on this planet.

Fact check plz????>>>>>

https://www.cfact.org/2019/09/15/the-solar-panel-toxic-waste-problem/

Solar panels generate 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear power plants. They also contain lead, cadmium, and other toxic (even carcinogenic) chemicals that cannot be removed without breaking apart the entire panel. Worse, rainwater can wash many of these toxics out of the fragments of solar modules over time.

Another real concern is the vast increase in the use of nitrogen trifluoride (NF3) in the construction of solar panels – up 1,057 percent over the past 25 years. The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change deems NF3 to be 17,200 times more potent than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas – meaning that even relatively minor quantities can have major impacts.

~S~

Any toxins aren't a problem. You just take anything toxic and pass it through a highly heated furnace. That will destroy about anything.

Then there is the longevity issue.

What good is a power source if you have to relace it every 20 years or less?

Solar panels last up to 40 years. Any storage batteries may be different. But no doubt they can be recycled into new batteries.

The science is settled!!!!

“It’s amazing that we were so spectacularly wrong about something we should understand really well: the sun,” said Brian Fields, a particle astrophysicist at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.

HUMANS are causing global warming.

especially if it's hazmat Blues....

seems that end of it never factors into the 'math' Flash

~S~

Solar panels last up to 40 years. It takes 1 to 4 years of the energy generated by solar panels to equal the amount of energy that was required to create them. That is everything from mining the materials they are made of to the finished product. That means 36 years of absolutely free, clean energy.

Read post 413.

Solar cells would be a net gain if they are used in the narrow sun belt of the SW. It is a net loss for the average usage in North America and Europe.

Yes there is a net gain with fossil fuels, nuclear and hydro. Geothermal is iffy. Solar and wind are losses and that is one of stupid reasons the government has to subsidize the goddamn things.

Anyplace the sun shines solar panels will work. You would have to live in Alaska for them to not work well enough. Because they have long winters.

Solar panels last up to 40 years. It takes 1 to 4 years of the energy generated by solar panels to equal the amount of energy that was required to create them. That is everything from mining the materials they are made of to the finished product. That means 36 years of absolutely free, clean energy.

And the wasted money. Don't forget about that.

Elsewhere, I have been seeing some crap about global warming. Global warming is a reality. And it is being caused by humans. It's hard to tell if those who deny it are stupid or evil. I have even heard the CEO of EXXON admit that global warming was a reality. Even the Pentagon recognizes it as a threat. And you would have to be pretty stupid or evil to go against what around 98% of the scientists say.

Also, CO2 has been measured to be on the increase since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Coincidence? I don't think so. Another point is that all the volcanoes on Earth release around 200 million tons of CO2 into the biosphere each year. The activities of humans are responsible for around 32.3 BILLION tons of CO2 each year. Also, global warming is getting exponentially worse. Which means that the hotter things get, the faster they will get even hotter.

What all this means is that if you are planning on living past about the year 2050, make other plans. The chief cause of your fast approaching extinction isn't CO2. (Which is bad enough) It is methane. Methane is around 86 times more potent of a greenhouse gas than CO2. And like CO2, the rate at which it is being released is also increasing. I will show you a graph showing the rate at which it is increasing. Incredibly, despite all the evaporating methane hydrate ice in the oceans or that being released from thawing tundra, about 60% of what is shown is being caused by human activities. I will also show you what other CO2 graphs that I have. For the deniers, continue to deny at your own peril.

View attachment 765482
View attachment 765483
View attachment 765484
View attachment 765488
View attachment 765490
View attachment 765492
View attachment 765493
View attachment 765494
View attachment 765495
Total bullshit. With photoshop those graphs can be made to say anything.

CO2 graph 1.jpg

Forum List

Back