You were never slaves in Egypt

And again they were subjugated to the Roman empire
Mostly the Romans just wanted them to stay peaceful and pay their taxes, but the Jews of the first century were divided into factions that didn't get along. So they fought each other and the Romans. Essenes, Saducees, Pharisees, Herodians, Zealots and Sicarri.. or maybe they were just emboldened by the victory of the Maccabean revolt.

Mostly the Romans just wanted them to stay peaceful and pay their taxes, but the Jews of the first century were divided into factions that didn't get along. So they fought each other and the Romans. Essenes, Saducees, Pharisees, Herodians, Zealots and Sicarri.. or maybe they were just emboldened by the victory of the Maccabean revolt.
And that doesn't change the historical fact the Jew was subjugated to the Roman empire.

Haaretz is a liberal source, and we already know the liberal Jews are their own worst enemies.

And it’s pretty disgusting for you liberal antisemites to start a thread right after Passover saying it’s all a lie. That would be as if I started a thread after Easter to say that Christians made the whole story up about Jesus, and it never happened. I wouldn’t do that because I don’t shit over other people’s religions.

OH this happens regularly. Usually the ghouls and cretins want to celebrate Easter and especially Christmas so they have to barf up their yearly reminder that it's okay because pagan. Note: I don't mind your average secular person celebrating Christian holidays--knock yourself out. But if you make it your business to oppose God all year long but then really want Dec 25 at least shut up about it.

For you were (not) slaves in Egypt: The ancient memories behind the Exodus myth this is an interesting article about the historicity of the Passover. I can't cut and paste from my tablet, but would welcome some help.

The slavery of Egypt was the slavery of death. Everyone was a slave of death. Everyone worked for the death - made dead things for dead people - like the pyramids. Every richdom was for the dead and so on ... and so some people - slaves - changed this deadly form of slavery for death. Their way was to find the freedom of the country of life where milk and honey flows.

Last edited:
Nope. There was no Exodus, no global flood, no parting of the Red Sea.

Only to inform you about this detail: Red Sea is Reed Sea! The Israelites had the allowness of the pharao to go. So they used their kind of escape corridor to the country where milk and honey flows. But suddenly the pharao changed his opinion and his tanks tried to kill them. But the Israelites were travelling light and crossed the Reed Sea while the tanks of the pharao sank behind them. A wonder: The strongest army of the world failed against the worst armed people of the world

Hollywood made some dramaturgical changes. Also nice. But about the Red Sea and not about the Reed Sea.

Jonah didn't live in the belly of a fish.

A fish? Thought it had been a whale - but I might ot be wrong. I don't remember the story very well now - nor what it means.

Read the book of Jasher.

The book of Washer?

OH this happens regularly. Usually the ghouls and cretins want to celebrate Easter and especially Christmas so they have to barf up their yearly reminder that it's okay because pagan. ...

Christmas - do you like to say it's Christmas? Wonderful. Better to celebrate Christmas today when summer will soon come than to die tomorrow before winter will come. It's better to give presents with warm hands than to give it with cold hands.

Are Jews trying to get reparations from Egypt?

Sure. Whyelse gave they back the Sinai to Egypt and forgot to charge Egypt? You can install some rollerblades under the Cheops-pyramide and move it slowly to Tel Aviv where they will make the first Cheops Disco of the world in it. Motto: "Dance 'til the muslin bandages will learn to fly".

Last edited:
Don't all reparations have to do with history? My God you're a dingbat!
No they don’t. They have to do with compensating people currently alive who suffered for slavery, or the Holocaust, or Japanese interment camps. History is not a factor.

Are Jews trying to get reparations from Egypt?
Good point. We have leftists arguing that blacks today should get reparations for slavery hundreds of years ago, and then one of them pops up to say Jews were never slaves in Egypt. Jews aren’t the ones after reparations.

Surada only beings it up because it’s a slap in the face to the millions of Jews who just celebrated their rescue, by G-d, out of Egypt.

Good point. We have leftists arguing that blacks today should get reparations for slavery hundreds of years ago, and then one of them pops up to say Jews were never slaves in Egypt. Jews aren’t the ones after reparations.

Surada only beings it up because it’s a slap in the face to the millions of Jews who just celebrated their rescue, by G-d, out of Egypt.
That's a lie.

Forum List

Back