You were never slaves in Egypt

History does not only pertain to the dead.
But in the context of what we are discussing, which is reparations, it only applies to those living NOW, and for which there is no personal direct experience.

The question came up because Surada is claiming Jews were never slaves in Egypt, and someone pointed out that Jews aren’t asking for reparations from Egypt that - so why question it (other than to givr Jews a slap in the face just a couple of weeks after Passover).

I noted that it is interesting that leftists argue for reparations for blacks today because of what happened in history, and at the same time we have a leftist arguing Jews were NOT slaves, when Jews are not the ones asking for reparations.

T
But in the context of what we are discussing, which is reparations, it only applies to those living NOW, and for which there is no personal direct experience.

The question came up because Surada is claiming Jews were never slaves in Egypt, and someone pointed out that Jews aren’t asking for reparations from Egypt that - so why question it (other than to givr Jews a slap in the face just a couple of weeks after Passover).

I noted that it is interesting that leftists argue for reparations for blacks today because of what happened in history, and at the same time we have a leftist arguing Jews were NOT slaves, when Jews are not the ones asking for reparations.
This thread is about the the findings of Israeli archaeologists.

That's a lie.
Then why don’t you write about how Jesus never ascended to Heaven, or how Muhammed never did any of the things he was reported to have done? Because your Islamic-driven hate for Jews drives you to pick on THEIR religion, and their religion alone.

You know what? As a Jew, I don’t believe Jesus was resurrected. But I would NEVER, EVER start a thread in the religion topic posting articles that show why the whole thing is untrue. And why? Because that would be extrmely disrespectful to the religious beliefs of other people.

Then why don’t you write about how Jesus never ascended to Heaven, or how Muhammed never did any of the things he was reported to have done? Because your Islamic-driven hate for Jews drives you to pick on THEIR religion, and their religion alone.

You know what? As a Jew, I don’t believe Jesus was resurrected. But I would NEVER, EVER start a thread in the religion topic posting articles that show why the whole thing is untrue. And why? Because that would be extrmely disrespectful to the religious beliefs of other people.
Because archaeology has no evidence either way for the existence of Jesus or Muhammad.

T
This thread is about the the findings of Israeli archaeologists.
And there are articles explaining that that just because they didn’t find evidence of something that happened 3000 years ago doesn’t mean it’s a fiction. Do you realize how far buried any evidence would be, and the undaunting task to reach down that deep? They’d probably hit eater! And what would remain if not? Skeletons would long ago have turned to dust.

Do you know that just recently a tank was discovered from the Yom Kippur war? it was 40 feet below ground. Forty feet in 50 years! Now figure out how far down any evidence, if it could even survive, would be after 3000 years.

Now why don’t you go to discrediting then Christian religion, or Islamic. Or Buddhism. or Hinduism. Why do you target your efforts to discredit Judaism, and only Judaism? (It’s a rhetorical question. Anyone on this forum who has read your blanket, negative assessment of “the Jews” knows the answer.)

Because archaeology has no evidence either way for the existence of Jesus or Muhammad.
And you’re claiming that archeology has no evidence for the Exodus, either. But again, you’re only focusing on the key event in Jewish history to discredit.

Besides, there’s no way to prove a negative. That no evidence has been found for an event that happened 3000 years ago is to be expected.

And there are articles explaining that that just because they didn’t find evidence of something that happened 3000 years ago doesn’t mean it’s a fiction. Do you realize how far buried any evidence would be, and the undaunting task to reach down that deep? They’d probably hit eater! And what would remain if not? Skeletons would long ago have turned to dust.

Do you know that just recently a tank was discovered from the Yom Kippur war? it was 40 feet below ground. Forty feet in 50 years! Now figure out how far down any evidence, if it could even survive, would be after 3000 years.

Now why don’t you go to discrediting then Christian religion, or Islamic. Or Buddhism. or Hinduism. Why do you target your efforts to discredit Judaism, and only Judaism? (It’s a rhetorical question. Anyone on this forum who has read your blanket, negative assessment of “the Jews” knows the answer.)
They have found weapons from WW2 in the Eastern Libyan desert in perfect condition. Archaeology is more complicated than that. They know that Egypt controlled Sina and Canaan and have evidence that the Exodus was when Egyptians left Canaan.

They have found weapons from WW2 in the Eastern Libyan desert in perfect condition. Archaeology is more complicated than that. They know that Egypt controlled Sina and Canaan and have evidence that the Exodus was when Egyptians left Canaan.

They found metal weapons from 80 years ago? So that means there should be evidence of slavery from 3000 years ago? You sure are determined to discredit Jewish beliefs.

Render unto the things that are Ceaser and the things unto God .
He said if they hit you turn the other cheek. A Roman soldier was allowed to strike a Jew or take his cloak or make him carry his 60 pack a mile.

Hebrews 3:15-16
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

The Apostle Paul certainly believed that Moses brought the Israelites out Egypt.

The disciple Stephen who became a martyr for the cause of Christ also believed that the children of Israel were in bondage in Egypt.

Acts 7:17-41
17 But when the time of the promise drew nigh, which God had sworn to Abraham, the people grew and multiplied in Egypt,

18 Till another king arose, which knew not Joseph.

19 The same dealt subtilly with our kindred, and evil entreated our fathers, so that they cast out their young children, to the end they might not live.

20 In which time Moses was born, and was exceeding fair, and nourished up in his father’s house three months:

21 And when he was cast out, Pharaoh’s daughter took him up, and nourished him for her own son.

22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.

23 And when he was full forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel.

24 And seeing one of them suffer wrong, he defended him, and avenged him that was oppressed, and smote the Egyptian:

25 For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver them: but they understood not.

26 And the next day he shewed himself unto them as they strove, and would have set them at one again, saying, Sirs, ye are brethren; why do ye wrong one to another?

27 But he that did his neighbour wrong thrust him away, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge over us?

28 Wilt thou kill me, as thou diddest the Egyptian yesterday?

29 Then fled Moses at this saying, and was a stranger in the land of Madian, where he begat two sons.

30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.

31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,

32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.

33 Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground.

34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.

35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

36 He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,

40 Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

41 And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.

The truth of the captivity of the Israelites in Egypt was wide spread and well known among not only the Israelites and Jews but also among the Christians. But now we have some yahoos who seem to think to change history and declare themselves the authors of history. What a joke.

Last edited:
Hebrews 3:15-16
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

The Apostle Paul certainly believed that Moses brought the Israelites out Egypt.

The disciple Stephen who became a martyr for the cause of Christ also believed that the children of Israel were in bondage in Egypt.

Acts 7:17-41
17 But when the time of the promise drew nigh, which God had sworn to Abraham, the people grew and multiplied in Egypt,

18 Till another king arose, which knew not Joseph.

19 The same dealt subtilly with our kindred, and evil entreated our fathers, so that they cast out their young children, to the end they might not live.

20 In which time Moses was born, and was exceeding fair, and nourished up in his father’s house three months:

21 And when he was cast out, Pharaoh’s daughter took him up, and nourished him for her own son.

22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.

23 And when he was full forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel.

24 And seeing one of them suffer wrong, he defended him, and avenged him that was oppressed, and smote the Egyptian:

25 For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver them: but they understood not.

26 And the next day he shewed himself unto them as they strove, and would have set them at one again, saying, Sirs, ye are brethren; why do ye wrong one to another?

27 But he that did his neighbour wrong thrust him away, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge over us?

28 Wilt thou kill me, as thou diddest the Egyptian yesterday?

29 Then fled Moses at this saying, and was a stranger in the land of Madian, where he begat two sons.

30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.

31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,

32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.

33 Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground.

34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.

35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

36 He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,

40 Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

41 And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.

The truth of the captivity of the Israelites in Egypt was wide spread and well known among not only the Israelites and Jews but also among the Christians. But now we have some yahoos who seem to think to change history and declare themselves the authors of history. What a joke.
The story was written down 900 years after Mose's death and no Christians were around.

Forum List

Back