You want to be a Republican? Then sign this.....

SC County GOP If You ve Had Pre-Marital Sex You Can t Be A Republican

WOW, have of the repubs in Congress now would be ineligible!
does sex with your sister count? after all it is the south !

That's actually an Ozarks/Appalachia joke. If you are going to be a snarky asshat, at least get it right.
false it's specific to all of the south...but as always you need to rationalize your bullshit ....

No, its not, but thanks for playing.

let the bullshit rationalization begin!

Not rationalization, it's fact. And I see no issue with them doing it.
therein lies the problem.....

What problem? Are they forcing people to live by this pledge?
Are they making YOU sign the pledge?
just the suggestion of that type of horseshit reeks of totalitarianism ..

A political structure that involves the population of a country being entirely subject to the absolute authority in pursuing its goals. Carrying on normal business and personal activities under a totalitarian regime can be challenging since government agents and the police often act without being constrained by normal legal procedures.
"are they making you sign the pledge?"
not yet!

These are people that want to run under the Party name, it isn't the government making you sign a pledge about anything. These people also have no real mechanism to enforce said pledge, save suing for breach of contract (tenuous at best).

You want to find totalitarianism? Look to the left using government agencies to ruin people who don't want to participate in gay weddings via business transactions.
the award for the most consistent rationalizing in a thread goes too......

Not rationalization, it's fact. And I see no issue with them doing it.

A political structure that involves the population of a country being entirely subject to the absolute authority in pursuing its goals. Carrying on normal business and personal activities under a totalitarian regime can be challenging since government agents and the police often act without being constrained by normal legal procedures.
not yet!

These are people that want to run under the Party name, it isn't the government making you sign a pledge about anything. These people also have no real mechanism to enforce said pledge, save suing for breach of contract (tenuous at best).

You want to find totalitarianism? Look to the left using government agencies to ruin people who don't want to participate in gay weddings via business transactions.

You keep using the word rationalizing as if you know what it means...

interesting.

not yet!

interesting.
I do. obviously you don't ..
so I'll help..
rationalize
[ ˈraSHənlˌīz, ˈraSHnəˌlīz ]
http://www.usmessageboard.com/javascript:void(0)
VERB
present participle: rationalizing
  1. attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate
spot on description of you ....

does sex with your sister count? after all it is the south !

That's actually an Ozarks/Appalachia joke. If you are going to be a snarky asshat, at least get it right.
false it's specific to all of the south...but as always you need to rationalize your bullshit ....

No, its not, but thanks for playing.

not yet!

interesting.
so I'll help..
rationalize
VERB
  1. attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate

Your opinion is that this is not appropriate. If you tried to justify it, YOU would be rationalizing. I, on the other hand don't see the issue, and thus I am incapable of rationalizing it.

You are confusing explaining, or understanding with rationalizing.

Now I understand, as a progressive, you cannot grasp the concept of other having differing opinions from you, and having those opinions without being stupid/evil/sheeple, etc etc etc. Don't worry, though I understand its probably due to your lack of a spine, or cognitive functions. (See, THAT is rationalizing).

not yet!

interesting.
so I'll help..
rationalize
VERB

Your opinion is that this is not appropriate. If you tried to justify it, YOU would be rationalizing. I, on the other hand don't see the issue, and thus I am incapable of rationalizing it.

Now I understand, as a progressive, you cannot grasp the concept of other having differing opinions from you, and having those opinions without being stupid/evil/sheeple, etc etc etc. Don't worry, though I understand its probably due to your lack of a spine, or cognitive functions. (See, THAT is rationalizing).
yes and you are doing a fine job of it!
the second you started defending their action you were rationalizing and still are..

Full Definition of RATIONALIZE
transitive verb
: to bring into accord with reason or cause something to seem reasonable: as

a : to substitute a natural for a supernatural explanation of <rationalize a myth>

b : to attribute (one's actions) to rational and creditable motives without analysis of true and especially unconscious motives <rationalized his dislike of his brother> ; broadly : to create an excuse or more attractive explanation for <rationalize the problem>
still all you.

interesting.
so I'll help..
rationalize
VERB

the second you started defending their action you were rationalizing and still are..

Only if I think their actions are somehow wrong, which I don't.

You can't project rationalizing onto other people.

I know lots of right wingers who could sign a pledge of no post marital sex. At least that's what some of their wives tell me.

Though at first the resolution would have required candidates to sign the pledge, Smith clarifiedin a statement Monday that "due to various legal issues" the LCGOP cannot require that the candidates sign the pledge if they meet all of the other qualifications for a run. But, he said, the committee "reserves the right to vet its candidates and will encourage all candidates to uphold the principles of the party's platform as well as petition candidates to sign a pledge to do so. However, no candidate will be denied access to the Republican Party primary ballot for refusing to sign the pledge."

One county in one State.....

It is indicative of the GOP's holier than thou attitude. The GOP is a Cesspool of Hypocrisy....
Dimwits are ten times worse.

Sounds more like a religious thing than a GOP thing. Sounds like there may be a religious influence in the Laurens County GOP.

Though I am a member of neither the GOP nor any religious organization, so what do I know...

I am pretty sure that Bobby Smith doesn't have clue what the want or what they think is truly important...

Oh and, for the record...

It's "half of" not "have of..."

Fuck...

The GOP is the party of Dogma.
lets see. how many time's did the Democrats elect Marion Barry back into office?

so they don't need no stinking higher standards. how dare any of you ask for it from someone
people who live in glass houses.....

Republican Corruption List of Crooked Republican Politicians

Ranker

whatever, I didn't start the stupid thread

True, and I didn't make the stupid GOP rule. It might catch on and then Repubs will have to lie their as.....wait. They are doing that now!:badgrin:

interesting.
so I'll help..
rationalize
VERB

false!
transitive verb

a : to substitute a natural for a supernatural explanation of <rationalize a myth>

b : to attribute (one's actions) to rational and creditable motives without analysis of true and especially unconscious motives <rationalized his dislike of his brother> ; broadly : to create an excuse or more attractive explanation for <rationalize the problem>
still all you.

supporting or defending others or your own actions is as the above states: rationalizing

interesting.
so I'll help..
rationalize
VERB

false!
transitive verb

still all you.

supporting or defending others or your own actions is as the above states: rationalizing

please link where you got that definition from.

so I'll help..
rationalize
VERB

false!
transitive verb

still all you.

ok .....Rationalize - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

try this on too
Rationalization (making excuses)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Rationalization.

In psychology and logic, rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses[1]) is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable – or even admirable and superior – by plausible means.[2] It is also an informal fallacy of reasoning.[3]

Rationalization encourages irrational or unacceptable behavior, motives, or feelings and often involves ad hoc hypothesizing. This process ranges from fully conscious (e.g. to present an external defense against ridicule from others) to mostly unconscious (e.g. to create a block against internal feelings of guilt). People rationalize for various reasons — sometimes when we think we know ourselves better than we do. Rationalization may differentiate the original deterministic explanation of the behavior or feeling in question.[4][5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_(making_excuses)
can't wait for you too rationalize these......

false!
transitive verb

still all you.

ok .....Rationalize - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

try this on too

In psychology and logic, rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses[1]) is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable – or even admirable and superior – by plausible means.[2] It is also an informal fallacy of reasoning.[3]

Rationalization encourages irrational or unacceptable behavior, motives, or feelings and often involves ad hoc hypothesizing. This process ranges from fully conscious (e.g. to present an external defense against ridicule from others) to mostly unconscious (e.g. to create a block against internal feelings of guilt). People rationalize for various reasons — sometimes when we think we know ourselves better than we do. Rationalization may differentiate the original deterministic explanation of the behavior or feeling in question.[4][5]

What I am doing is not rationalizing, again, you don't really know what the word means, or you do, and just are to stupid to realize it.

If I don;t see anything wrong about what that Caucus did, how can I rationalize it?

false!
transitive verb

still all you.

try this on too

What I am doing is not rationalizing, again, you don't really know what the word means, or you do, and just are to stupid to realize it.

If I don;t see anything wrong about what that Caucus did, how can I rationalize it?
are you really this stupid......?
it's because you don't see any thing wrong with their actions, while non delusional people do, is by definition rationalizing!

rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses[1]) is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable – or even admirable and superior – by plausible means.[2] It is also an informal fallacy of reasoning.[3]

Though at first the resolution would have required candidates to sign the pledge, Smith clarifiedin a statement Monday that "due to various legal issues" the LCGOP cannot require that the candidates sign the pledge if they meet all of the other qualifications for a run. But, he said, the committee "reserves the right to vet its candidates and will encourage all candidates to uphold the principles of the party's platform as well as petition candidates to sign a pledge to do so. However, no candidate will be denied access to the Republican Party primary ballot for refusing to sign the pledge."

One county in one State.....

In one party

Forum List

Back