You Think We Have Trouble Now Read Doonesbury Today

so people with your mindset.....like i said....

Again, it’s not about me. It’s about traditional morals, values and societal norms.

you mean like all the great thinkers who have ever lived?....those guys?.....

You may consider them great minds. Not all of us do.

so they need someone like you to guide them right?.....

Not me. They need to look back to our ancestors and how they lived.

so people with your mindset.....like i said....

Again, it’s not about me. It’s about traditional morals, values and societal norms.

you mean like all the great thinkers who have ever lived?....those guys?.....

You may consider them great minds. Not all of us do.

so they need someone like you to guide them right?.....

Not me. They need to look back to our ancestors and how they lived.
give us an example of a great mind from around 1066.....

There is a significant segment of the population that has been brainwashed by decades of conservative media and the Republican Party to the point where they can’t function in a democracy — and don’t want to.

You Think We Have Trouble Now? Read Doonesbury Today.

Replace conservative with liberal and Republican with Democrat and your statement holds just as much water.

I would remind you it’s not the Republicans and the conservatives who for almost 2 years now have been trying to remove a democratically elected president from office just because he’s not the one they voted for

The overwhelming evidence is that he was NOT democratically elected, but rather lied, cheated and stole his way to the Presidency. He didn’t have the majority of votes, and he used information stolen from the DNC to counter their Electoral College strategy.

Then there’s conspiracy with the Russian hackers, and the attempts to obstruct and discredit the investigation into his corrupt and treasonous actions.

That being said, Democrats are not trying to “overturn” the results of the election. When Trump is removed from office, Pence will become President.

^^^ I told you the left have lost their damn minds :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

give us an example of a great mind from around 1066.....

I’ll give you two...

1. King Harald Hardarda of Norway

2. Duke William of Normandy, aka King William I of England
dam monsters of intelligence........another name for William was William the bastard....all these guys did was wage war on someone and force them to do what they wanted them to do....great leaders.....kings of old....just a bunch of oppressive asswipes...."do as i tell you to do,or suffer the consequences".....

dam monsters of intelligence........another name for William was William the bastard....all these guys did was wage war on someone and force them to do what they wanted them to do....great leaders.....kings of old....just a bunch of oppressive asswipes...."do as i tell you to do,or suffer the consequences".....

I’ve got another one for you, though from a different age... Ghengis Khan.

Matter of fact, can we straighten this confusion out while we're all here, please? Good gosh.

Let us learn...

A Democracy

The chief characteristic and distinguishing feature of a Democracy is: Rule by Omnipotent Majority.

In a Democracy, The Individual, and any group of Individuals composing any Minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of The Majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man.

This is true whether it be a Direct Democracy, or a Representative Democracy. In the direct type, applicable only to a small number of people as in the little city-states of ancient Greece, or in a New England town-meeting, all of the electorate assemble to debate and decide all government questions, and all decisions are reached by a majority vote (of at least half-plus-one). Decisions of The Majority in a New England town-meeting are, of course, subject to the Constitutions of the State and of the United States which protect The Individual’s rights; so, in this case, The Majority is not omnipotent and such a town-meeting is, therefore, not an example of a true Direct Democracy. Under a Representative Democracy like Britain’s parliamentary form of government, the people elect representatives to the national legislature--the elective body there being the House of Commons--and it functions by a similar vote of at least half-plus-one in making all legislative decisions.

A Republic

A Republic, on the other hand, has a very different purpose and an entirely different form, or system, of government. Its purpose is to control The Majority strictly, as well as all others among the people, primarily to protect The Individual’s God-given, unalienable rights and therefore for the protection of the rights of The Minority, of all minorities, and the liberties of people in general.

The definition of a Republic is: a constitutionally limited government of the representative type, created by a written Constitution--adopted by the people and changeable (from its original meaning) by them only by its amendment--with its powers divided between three separate Branches: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. Here the term "the people" means, of course, the electorate.

Last edited:
Even the nuts on so-called conservative platforms and channels are echoing this 'our democracy' horse pucky. Like it's a form of government we have or something. People get used to hearing that fodder 24/7 non-stop and they start believing it.Then they start repeating the lie.

Democracy, as a form of government, is utterly repugnant to our Republic. It is the very antithesis of the traditional American system of government that is our Republic.

Gosh. We're so screwed. lol.

Last edited:

I’ve got another one for you, though from a different age... Ghengis Khan.
oh another conqueror and butcher.....cant find someone who actually advanced mans intellect?

There is a significant segment of the population that has been brainwashed by decades of conservative media and the Republican Party to the point where they can’t function in a democracy — and don’t want to.

Replace conservative with liberal and Republican with Democrat and your statement holds just as much water.

I would remind you it’s not the Republicans and the conservatives who for almost 2 years now have been trying to remove a democratically elected president from office just because he’s not the one they voted for

Further, you don't get Hillary at this point, you get Pence.

Matter of fact, can we straighten this confusion out while we're all here, please? Good gosh.

Let us learn...

A Democracy

The chief characteristic and distinguishing feature of a Democracy is: Rule by Omnipotent Majority. In a Democracy, The Individual, and any group of Individuals composing any Minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of The Majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man.

This is true whether it be a Direct Democracy, or a Representative Democracy. In the direct type, applicable only to a small number of people as in the little city-states of ancient Greece, or in a New England town-meeting, all of the electorate assemble to debate and decide all government questions, and all decisions are reached by a majority vote (of at least half-plus-one). Decisions of The Majority in a New England town-meeting are, of course, subject to the Constitutions of the State and of the United States which protect The Individual’s rights; so, in this case, The Majority is not omnipotent and such a town-meeting is, therefore, not an example of a true Direct Democracy. Under a Representative Democracy like Britain’s parliamentary form of government, the people elect representatives to the national legislature--the elective body there being the House of Commons--and it functions by a similar vote of at least half-plus-one in making all legislative decisions.

A Republic

A Republic, on the other hand, has a very different purpose and an entirely different form, or system, of government. Its purpose is to control The Majority strictly, as well as all others among the people, primarily to protect The Individual’s God-given, unalienable rights and therefore for the protection of the rights of The Minority, of all minorities, and the liberties of people in general. The definition of a Republic is: a constitutionally limited government of the representative type, created by a written Constitution--adopted by the people and changeable (from its original meaning) by them only by its amendment--with its powers divided between three separate Branches: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. Here the term "the people" means, of course, the electorate.
The United states is a democratic republic. Or, a republican democracy

The United states is a democratic republic. Or, a republican democracy

Bull pucky.

America is a compound Republic. Each State a Republic with its own full power keeping the feds, a partial Republic, limited. Limited for liberty.

Last edited:

I beg to differ

It is the Republicans trying to remove Trump from office. They control the Justice Department, both Houses of Congress and the courts

Democrats have no investigative power

But the United States is, indeed, a democratic republic.

You are in dire need of re-education. Respectfully.

Start with the Constitution. Really, it's the primary foundation one needs for developing a functional grasp of the workings of our Republic.

Consider turning your tv off. It's a good start.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back