Media now loves McCain, but in 2008 he was a racist.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Funny, when specifically was he no longer a racist?

He was in 2008.

LMGTFY- Media :John McCain is a racist.LMGTFY

Bush, McCain, Romney, Trump....they are all racists according to the left.

The lefts playbook is thin, but often effective . :113:

Last edited:

He was in 2008.

Never heard of this characterization. And if you took the minute and a half to watch your own video instead of just salivating at a bullshit title --- he's saying the opposite of what you want him to say. So you lied.

Pretty goddam desperate stretch too, jumping on the dead to score message board points before rigor mortis sets in.

/thread

He was in 2008.

Never heard of this characterization. And if you took the minute and a half to watch your own video instead of just salivating at a bullshit title --- he's saying the opposite of what you want him to say. So you lied.

Pretty goddam desperate stretch too, jumping on the dead to score message board points before rigor mortis sets in.

/thread

/----/In 2008 I was watching the campaign closely and the democRATs climbed out of the woodwork attacking McCain and calling him despicable names.
Yesterday, civil rights leader John Lewis, a Democratic congressman from Georgia, became the latest advocate to excite the racial debate, condemning Sen. John McCain for "sowing the seeds of hatred and division" and accusing the Republican nominee of potentially inciting violence.

In a provocative twist, Lewis drew a rhetorical line connecting McCain to the segregationist Alabama governor George Wallace, and through Wallace to the 1963 church bombing in Birmingham that killed four girls. McCain voiced outrage at the comments, which also drew a mild rebuke from an aide to Sen. Barack Obama.
Issue of Race Creeps Into Campaign

Folks, what we have here is a time tested conman's tactic called, "bait and switch". Over-generalize "the media" in one way, then do it again in another way, crafting a false equivalence and a false sense that the two "medias" are equivalent and interchangeable. To a trained mind, this is a steaming pile of hot garbage. To the more gullible, untrained mind, it is a valid point..

Folks, what we have here is a time tested conman's tactic called, "bait and switch". Over-generalize "the media" in one way, then do it again in another way, crafting a false equivalence and a false sense that the two "medias" are equivalent and interchangeable. To a trained mind, this is a steaming pile of hot garbage. To the more gullible, untrained mind, it is a valid point..

There it is...

Folks, what we have here is the time tested tactic of saying, “Not everyone did it”

The left uses it to protect themselves when they generalize, like HIllary calling Trump supporters a basket of deplorables.

The fact is that MANY in the media called McCain a racist in 2008, and it’s not like those who did not outwardly call him a racist used their time to clear the air and say he wasn’t a racist.

We all know the narrative with the media is always that the Republican candidate is a racist.

Biden said Romney was going to put black people back in chains.

Folks, what we have here is the time tested tactic of saying, “Not everyone did it”
In other words, intelligent analysis, as opposed to hamhanded, overly general fallacies. Yes, fine by me, I will let my comments sit right next to yours all day every day.

In other words, intelligent analysis, as opposed to hamhanded, overly general fallacies. Yes, fine by me, I will let my comments sit right next to yours all day every day.

Are you agreeing with me that McCain was not a racist and those people in the media who characterized him as a racist were being partisan and participating in character assassination?

I posted a video from meet the press in 2008, it’s not like it was Daily Kos.

I will never forget in one of the 2008 Obama-McCain debates, McCain pointed to Obama and referred to him as “that guy”. The Media went apeshit and was sure it had racial overtones from McCain.

I will never forget in one of the 2008 Obama-McCain debates, McCain pointed to Obama and referred to him as “that guy”. The Media went apeshit and was sure it had racial overtones from McCain.

Exactly.

They didn’t like him until he feuded with Trump...then he lost his racist characterization.

He was in 2008.

/thread

/----/In 2008 I was watching the campaign closely and the democRATs climbed out of the woodwork attacking McCain and calling him despicable names.
Yesterday, civil rights leader John Lewis, a Democratic congressman from Georgia, became the latest advocate to excite the racial debate, condemning Sen. John McCain for "sowing the seeds of hatred and division" and accusing the Republican nominee of potentially inciting violence.

In a provocative twist, Lewis drew a rhetorical line connecting McCain to the segregationist Alabama governor George Wallace, and through Wallace to the 1963 church bombing in Birmingham that killed four girls. McCain voiced outrage at the comments, which also drew a mild rebuke from an aide to Sen. Barack Obama.
Issue of Race Creeps Into Campaign

Another post carrying its own suicide gene.

Y'all not only don't even read your own links ---- you don't even read your own posts. :dig:

Just because most Republicans are racist doesn’t mean they all are.
I remember McCain stopping a woman from saying Obama was a Muslim and told her Obamas a family man and a good man.

BULLSHIT. What he said was "that one", which has never had any "racial overtones" so you're Brian WIlliamsing this one too. I remember that specifically because my wife used to call me 'that one'.

Go ahead, check me on that. Look it up all day. I don't take counterfeit news.

Why are y'all obsessed with making shit up?

More a case of just outright fabrication of history, apparently hoping there's nobody around who actually remembers it and will call them on it.

Not today.

BULLSHIT. What he said was "that one", which has never had any "racial overtones" so you're Brian WIlliamsing this one too. I remember that specifically because my wife used to call me 'that one'.

McCain Calls Obama ‘That One’: Why?

I stated corrected on “that guy” vs “that one”. I stand and maintain that the left side of the media had to even ask the question if it were racist. Pathetic.

People die every second. Delores Snoddgrass just bit the dust at age 82.

McCain was a patriot to fly planes into war. He and the other heros like the guy from CONN... Bloomingthal?

Since that time he has been on the take...running up $21T debt with Fienstein and the good ole boys. One could argue from cradle to grave, supported by taxpayer dollars?

Does his family go on his pension? Sigh. Do they Stay on free Govt gold plated health care forever? Normal Americans can't get time off for doctor or afford treatment. True dat.

A spouse can change to higher SS on death but not both. That is all. Thanks for reading this far. Remember they vote their pay, hours, benefits.

Are you agreeing with me that McCain was not a racist and those people in the media who characterized him as a racist were being partisan and participating in character assassination?
Irrelevant. I spoke right to yiur generalities. Which was clearly effective and understood by you, as you have now modified your comments to speak specifically to some individuals, instead of using your fallacy of over generalization.

I think Mccain might very well have been somewhat racist, at times. At the very least, he blew the dog whistle. But what 80 year old white man wasn't, at some point? So, while i am not excusing it, I do understand both the conditions of the country he grew up in and the political environment (with a voting base chock full of racists and other, assorted bigots) in which he had to operate.

I stated corrected on “that guy” vs “that one”. I stand and maintain that the left side of the media had to even ask the question if it were racist. Pathetic.

Your own link proves you wrong about that too. Dozens of comments quoted, two refer to racism, one from the right (National Review) and the other from the left (Mother Jones), both correctly dismissing the idea as absurd because it's never had such a connotation. The rest of the list of comments from all corners correctly describe it as aloofly dismissive of an inferior such as a child. Nobody claimed it was "racist". Trying to make it up now ten years later is indeed "pathetic".

The question remains on the table --- why are y'all obsessed with making shit up? Don't you get that there are witnesses here who can and will call you on it? Are y'all just not sated unless you're finding ways to divide people, or what the fuck?

Your own link proves you wrong about that too. Dozens of comments quoted, two refer to racism, one from the right (National Review) and the other from the left (Mother Jones), both correctly dismissing the idea as absurd because it's never had such a connotation. The rest of the list of comments from all corners correctly describe it as aloofly dismissive of an inferior such as a child. Nobody claimed it was "racist". Trying to make it up now ten years later is indeed "pathetic".

The question remains on the table --- why are y'all obsessed with making shit up? Don't you get that there are witnesses here who can and will call you on it? Are y'all just not sated unless you're finding ways to divide people, or what the fuck?

McCain’s 'that one' takes off online

Politico sited Liberals who argued the term was in reference to “those people”

Don’t lecture me about trying to divide when the division was always there.

McCain’s 'that one' takes off online

Politico sited Liberals who argued the term was in reference to “those people”

Don’t lecture me about trying to divide when the division was always there.

By the end of the day you will have put it there by gods.

I just don't get why y'all are obsessed with this revisionary shit. I really don't.

Forum List

Back