"You stay white, and I'll stay black"

My grandfather taught me how to run machinery and even though I was excellent on equipment and the government was willing to pay half of my wages for I could work the guy told me he had men that had families to feed. Me and my children didn't mean jack shit to them but that didn't stop me and I did wallow in pity and give up.

Who has wallowed in pity and given up? .That's the lie you idiot whites tell yourselves.

We want the racism to stop. That doesn't mean we are wallowing in jack shit. It means we are tired of the bullshit and want it stopped.
So having riots helps how, having young people give me angry looks and making threats helps how, and hate begets more hate. I don't particularly care for all the bullshit either but you ain't got it any worse than millions of whites, mexicans and all the others out here who are not making a decent living or can't get a job for whatever reason of the day is. It doesn't appear by your posts that you are thankful for what you have and the opportunities that you have already been afforded. You are barking up the wrong tree. It is not my fault that your degree won't buy you a job or that you are angry about it. There will always be hateful people in this world, you will have to decide if that is what you want to be and dedicate your time to it. In the meantime someone else will be out in the street and pounding the pavement looking for work, if one thing doesn't work they will try something else and many of them have degree's to but they are not married to their degree's as it appears you are. I had several people that worked for me that had degrees (One was actually a college professor. He was one of the best employees I ever had) and I don't even have that paper that says I graduated.

You're wrong.

The hate was started by whites lady. We don't have amnesia and won't get it because you want us to. You get angry looks because of what whites have done. Stop pretending that whites don't have a 240 year track record of continuing racism and I guess we are just supposed to know which white person is or is not a racist.

I don't have to be thankful for the things you tell me to be thankful for. Racism needs to end. Until that happens I don't have to be thankful.

My degree did get me a job. .Had I been white with 12 years of experience at the time and a masters degree I would have got the job the white person who had no experience and just graduated from college got although it was written that you needed at least 5 years experience and education.
I don't need your lecture. Things just are not as you say.

You see lady, you belong to the demographic that has benefitted the most from Affirmative Action. I've built a business lady. I helped build 2 others after that. I built that business after I was rejected for jobs to show those people they fucked up. I helped build an award winning organization. So spare me your assumption filled bullshit responses and understand that things just are not as you say for people of color. You are not a person of color so what the hell gives you the belief that you can tell us that the things we say are not so? And when you can ask your fellow whites how having riots helps how then maybe what you say will have credibility.

You and the other whites here make a lot of assumptions you should not be making. No one is wallowing in self pity, no one is holding pity parties because they mention how whites continue to be racists. No one is saying that to cover for their fucking mistakes, they say it because whites are still practicing racism. Look in this forum at the things you and the other whites say. You tell me abut making enemies but that's all you and the others have done with me. You guys made me the way I am with your obtuse and asinine assumptions along with your racist bullshit.

like hell I wouldn't.

Hooters isn't as glamorous as they make it out ...

fortune1.jpg

Or you could say "I'm an American and I can be anything fucking thing I want to be".

Shut that lie up. It's never been that way in America and I am pretty damned tired of white men who have had virtually everything handed to them at the expense of others, to include white women, talk about how we can say things. How about you saying we have fucked up and we ne to fix the damages we created because of our racism and sexism? Start with that.

We never had anything handed to us..

We worked for it..

Well that is not exactly what the record shows.

I am asking you what did you win?

Not that complicated.. What did you win?

I don't care what you asked. I won.

Figure it out Mr. I have the superior IQ white man.

My grandfather taught me how to run machinery and even though I was excellent on equipment and the government was willing to pay half of my wages for I could work the guy told me he had men that had families to feed. Me and my children didn't mean jack shit to them but that didn't stop me and I did wallow in pity and give up.

Who has wallowed in pity and given up? .That's the lie you idiot whites tell yourselves.

We want the racism to stop. That doesn't mean we are wallowing in jack shit. It means we are tired of the bullshit and want it stopped.
So having riots helps how, having young people give me angry looks and making threats helps how, and hate begets more hate. I don't particularly care for all the bullshit either but you ain't got it any worse than millions of whites, mexicans and all the others out here who are not making a decent living or can't get a job for whatever reason of the day is. It doesn't appear by your posts that you are thankful for what you have and the opportunities that you have already been afforded. You are barking up the wrong tree. It is not my fault that your degree won't buy you a job or that you are angry about it. There will always be hateful people in this world, you will have to decide if that is what you want to be and dedicate your time to it. In the meantime someone else will be out in the street and pounding the pavement looking for work, if one thing doesn't work they will try something else and many of them have degree's to but they are not married to their degree's as it appears you are. I had several people that worked for me that had degrees (One was actually a college professor. He was one of the best employees I ever had) and I don't even have that paper that says I graduated.

You're wrong.

The hate was started by whites lady. We don't have amnesia and won't get it because you want us to. You get angry looks because of what whites have done. Stop pretending that whites don't have a 240 year track record of continuing racism and I guess we are just supposed to know which white person is or is not a racist.

I don't have to be thankful for the things you tell me to be thankful for. Racism needs to end. Until that happens I don't have to be thankful.

My degree did get me a job. .Had I been white with 12 years of experience at the time and a masters degree I would have got the job the white person who had no experience and just graduated from college got although it was written that you needed at least 5 years experience and education.

You see lady, you belong to the demographic that has benefitted the most from Affirmative Action. I've built a business lady. I helped build 2 others after that. I built that business after I was rejected for jobs to show those people they fucked up. I helped build an award winning organization. So spare me your assumption filled bullshit responses and understand that things just are not as you say for people of color. You are not a person of color so what the hell gives you the belief that you can tell us that the things we say are not so? And when you can ask your fellow whites how having riots helps how then maybe what you say will have credibility.

You and the other whites here make a lot of assumptions you should not be making. No one is wallowing in self pity, no one is holding pity parties because they mention how whites continue to be racists. No one is saying that to cover for their fucking mistakes, they say it because whites are still practicing racism. Look in this forum at the things you and the other whites say. You tell me abut making enemies but that's all you and the others have done with me. You guys made me the way I am with your obtuse and asinine assumptions along with your racist bullshit.

It sounds like you should leave the country for a Black nation in Africa, or the Caribbean, rather than "Hoping" that racism will end.

You're wrong.

You sound like an extreme racist to me so you are no better than the white racist or the males who believe they are better than females. I never used any affirmative action programs, did you or the companies that hired you? I have seen contractors that have their 'black contractors' so they get that extra credit, are you one of those? some of those people couldn't win a contract on an up and up straight bid so they have no choice but to demand they get special credits for their 'nigga's'. So what is your issue, did your degree fail you or did your blackness fail you? If you did these great things building businesses were they your businesses or were you merely someone else's employee?

You're wrong.

You sound like an extreme racist to me so you are no better than the white racist or the males who believe they are better than females. I never used any affirmative action programs, did you or the companies that hired you? I have seen contractors that have their 'black contractors' so they get that extra credit, are you one of those? some of those people couldn't win a contract on an up and up straight bid so they have no choice but to demand they get special credits for their 'nigga's'. So what is your issue, did your degree fail you or did your blackness fail you? If you did these great things building businesses were they your businesses or were you merely someone else's employee?

I have to laugh at you for saying something so stupid. I've said nothing racist. The problem we have as a nation today is whites have conflated racism to mean us saying things they do not want to hear. The reality here is that white racism still exists and it does hinder people of color. It's not because people of color use it for an excuse to fail or to be hindered. That's just the way it is and until you turn to a person of color and live you can't tell me anything different.

I told you about myself in the first post. You did not listen.

You're wrong.

I have to laugh at you for saying something so stupid. I've said nothing racist. The problem we have as a nation today is whites have conflated racism to mean us saying things they do not want to hear. The reality here is that white racism still exists and it does hinder people of color. It's not because people of color use it for an excuse to fail or to be hindered. That's just the way it is and until you turn to a person of color and live you can't tell me anything different.

:itsok: hypocrisy is a hard pill to swallow.

Or you could say "I'm an American and I can be anything fucking thing I want to be".

Shut that lie up. It's never been that way in America and I am pretty damned tired of white men who have had virtually everything handed to them at the expense of others, to include white women, talk about how we can say things. How about you saying we have fucked up and we ne to fix the damages we created because of our racism and sexism? Start with that.
Handed to them? What a crock. My family came to this country to escape being slaughtered, raped and enslaved by the Turks in eastern Europe. Then died from black lung for generations in the coal mines. I can't tell black folks what their experiences have been and they can't tell me what my families experiences have been.

You're wrong.

Your wrong, people are just tired of being called racist just because of the color of their skin, a racist attitude. That and listening to people blame every problem they've ever had on someone else's skin color. We hear racism claimed so often when it's obviously not true that any claim now is met with complete skepticism, and rightfully so.

This thread is in response to several questions I’ve been asked recently. It has been suggested that since I am a white person, I cannot know what black people experience in this country.

In 1971 I moved from Lancaster County, PA into North Philadelphia to work at a Christian Youth Organization. I was one of a hand full of whites there. Then in 1980, I married a black man and we have lived together in black neighborhoods ever since. He told me from the very beginning “You stay white, and I’ll stay black,” and that’s what we have done. I feel as though I have been given insights into what black people experience. And since most white people don’t get those insights, I’ve been trying to share what I have learned. While I site other authors and sometimes refer to statistics or something I’ve read, my convictions have come from my experiences alone. And while you can argue with someone’s viewpoint and perceptions, you cannot argue with their experiences. It is what makes them who they are.

Folks have mentioned the Black Experience. My husband has told me many times over the years that the Black Experience in America is that you cannot be yourself. It’s being told by a white catholic brother that you can’t play the trumpet because your lips are too big (he suggests the tuba instead.) It’s being told by the white piano teacher that you can’t play the piano because your fingers are too small. It’s being followed around the store by the salespeople, picking up their negative, suspicious vibe before you even see them. It’s walking down the street with a smile on your face and watching the first white lady you come across tighten the grip on her handbag. It’s standing on the corner when a white person pulls up to the stop sign, sees you and quickly locks all of the doors. It’s seeing black people on the news night after night, in handcuffs, being taken away as criminals. It’s wanting to speak up at work when you see unequal treatment, but knowing you may lose your job if you do. It’s being angry at injustice, but being told to shut up and forget about the past, like it has nothing to do with the present.

I think since you live with a black husband you gained insight, you are not black but you know a bit. You have the experience also of how it is to be in a interracial relationship and to be the white wife of a black man, thats not always easy either and many white women dont have that experience.

You're wrong.

So you are saying you are a Amway dealer?

You're wrong.

I have to laugh at you for saying something so stupid. I've said nothing racist. ....

Notice how often you have to say that? Notice how no reasonable people buy it? Reflect.

This thread is in response to several questions I’ve been asked recently. It has been suggested that since I am a white person, I cannot know what black people experience in this country.

In 1971 I moved from Lancaster County, PA into North Philadelphia to work at a Christian Youth Organization. I was one of a hand full of whites there. Then in 1980, I married a black man and we have lived together in black neighborhoods ever since. He told me from the very beginning “You stay white, and I’ll stay black,” and that’s what we have done. I feel as though I have been given insights into what black people experience. And since most white people don’t get those insights, I’ve been trying to share what I have learned. While I site other authors and sometimes refer to statistics or something I’ve read, my convictions have come from my experiences alone. And while you can argue with someone’s viewpoint and perceptions, you cannot argue with their experiences. It is what makes them who they are.

Folks have mentioned the Black Experience. My husband has told me many times over the years that the Black Experience in America is that you cannot be yourself. It’s being told by a white catholic brother that you can’t play the trumpet because your lips are too big (he suggests the tuba instead.) It’s being told by the white piano teacher that you can’t play the piano because your fingers are too small. It’s being followed around the store by the salespeople, picking up their negative, suspicious vibe before you even see them. It’s walking down the street with a smile on your face and watching the first white lady you come across tighten the grip on her handbag. It’s standing on the corner when a white person pulls up to the stop sign, sees you and quickly locks all of the doors. It’s seeing black people on the news night after night, in handcuffs, being taken away as criminals. It’s wanting to speak up at work when you see unequal treatment, but knowing you may lose your job if you do. It’s being angry at injustice, but being told to shut up and forget about the past, like it has nothing to do with the present.
It's like Jesse Jackson's level of angst dropping when he realizes the guys following him down a dark sidewalk at night are white instead of black.

You're wrong.

I have to laugh at you for saying something so stupid. I've said nothing racist. ....

Notice how often you have to say that? Notice how no reasonable people buy it? Reflect.

If you call these racists reasonable you are mentally handicapped. That's my refection.

You're wrong.

Your wrong, people are just tired of being called racist just because of the color of their skin, a racist attitude. That and listening to people blame every problem they've ever had on someone else's skin color. We hear racism claimed so often when it's obviously not true that any claim now is met with complete skepticism, and rightfully so.

People are being called racist because of their racist behavior and beliefs, not their skin color. idiot.

You're wrong.

So you are saying you are a Amway dealer?

No but I am saying you are a dumb ass.

Forum List

Back