"You stay white, and I'll stay black"

My grandfather taught me how to run machinery and even though I was excellent on equipment and the government was willing to pay half of my wages for I could work the guy told me he had men that had families to feed. Me and my children didn't mean jack shit to them but that didn't stop me and I did wallow in pity and give up.

We want the racism to stop. That doesn't mean we are wallowing in jack shit. It means we are tired of the bullshit and want it stopped.

Clearly YOU don't want that. If you did, you'd stop generating it, hypocrite.

Oh, and try a singular personal pronoun. You don't speak for all 'black' people any more than I speak for all 'white' people.

You say I am generating racism but show zero examples of how this is being done.

I am quite sure I can say that the majority of black people agree with me. ....

I don't know...

All the friends and coworkers I've shown your posts to say you sound like an A-hole.

I am sure you haven't shown anything and even worse you haven't shown anyone black anything.

We want the racism to stop. That doesn't mean we are wallowing in jack shit. It means we are tired of the bullshit and want it stopped.

Oh, and try a singular personal pronoun. You don't speak for all 'black' people any more than I speak for all 'white' people.

You say I am generating racism but show zero examples of how this is being done.

Sure I can. It's called 'everything you've posted since you showed up here.'

No you can't. That's why you haven't.

I just did, and you keep on proving it.

You've proven nothing. You don't seem to understand where we are at. We are here in a forum full of racist whites and of course I am going to be a racist to the majority of them. However if me and you stood up together in a auditorium and had a debate you would be soundly booed for your ignorance and racism because the crowd would be neutral.

Your wrong, people are just tired of being called racist just because of the color of their skin, a racist attitude. That and listening to people blame every problem they've ever had on someone else's skin color. We hear racism claimed so often when it's obviously not true that any claim now is met with complete skepticism, and rightfully so.

People are being called racist because of their racist behavior and beliefs....

Yes, you are.

The only problem with your comments is that I am not a racist and have said nothing racist.
Looking in a mirror will be as difficult as swallowing that hypocrisy pill of yours.

I have no problem looking In the mirror or sleeping at night. I have said nothing racist.
Neither has many "white" people but yet you appear to give them that label. You made the labeling an issue in your first post. No biggy hypocrites generally cannot see their own hypocrisy.

Or you could say "I'm an American and I can be anything fucking thing I want to be".

Shut that lie up. It's never been that way in America and I am pretty damned tired of white men who have had virtually everything handed to them at the expense of others, to include white women, talk about how we can say things. How about you saying we have fucked up and we ne to fix the damages we created because of our racism and sexism? Start with that.
I'm a white guy and I've been given a free pass on everything. Never worked a day in my life except for oppressing non whites any way I could.The other day a black guy said good morning to me and i drew my gun on him and had his sorry black ass arrested.

Thank the white God we will never have a black president.

My grandfather taught me how to run machinery and even though I was excellent on equipment and the government was willing to pay half of my wages for I could work the guy told me he had men that had families to feed. Me and my children didn't mean jack shit to them but that didn't stop me and I did wallow in pity and give up.

I am quite sure I can say that the majority of black people agree with me. ....

I don't know...

All the friends and coworkers I've shown your posts to say you sound like an A-hole.

I am sure you haven't shown anything and even worse you haven't shown anyone black anything.

I just told you that I have.

Sure I can. It's called 'everything you've posted since you showed up here.'

No you can't. That's why you haven't.

I just did, and you keep on proving it.

You've proven nothing. You don't seem to understand where we are at. We are here in a forum full of racist whites and of course I am going to be a racist to the majority of them. However if me and you stood up together in a auditorium and had a debate you would be soundly booed for your ignorance and racism because the crowd would be neutral.

You've proven yourself as racist as any other idiot here, and you seem determined to belabor the point.

This thread is in response to several questions I’ve been asked recently. It has been suggested that since I am a white person, I cannot know what black people experience in this country.

In 1971 I moved from Lancaster County, PA into North Philadelphia to work at a Christian Youth Organization. I was one of a hand full of whites there. Then in 1980, I married a black man and we have lived together in black neighborhoods ever since. He told me from the very beginning “You stay white, and I’ll stay black,” and that’s what we have done. I feel as though I have been given insights into what black people experience. And since most white people don’t get those insights, I’ve been trying to share what I have learned. While I site other authors and sometimes refer to statistics or something I’ve read, my convictions have come from my experiences alone. And while you can argue with someone’s viewpoint and perceptions, you cannot argue with their experiences. It is what makes them who they are.

Folks have mentioned the Black Experience. My husband has told me many times over the years that the Black Experience in America is that you cannot be yourself. It’s being told by a white catholic brother that you can’t play the trumpet because your lips are too big (he suggests the tuba instead.) It’s being told by the white piano teacher that you can’t play the piano because your fingers are too small. It’s being followed around the store by the salespeople, picking up their negative, suspicious vibe before you even see them. It’s walking down the street with a smile on your face and watching the first white lady you come across tighten the grip on her handbag. It’s standing on the corner when a white person pulls up to the stop sign, sees you and quickly locks all of the doors. It’s seeing black people on the news night after night, in handcuffs, being taken away as criminals. It’s wanting to speak up at work when you see unequal treatment, but knowing you may lose your job if you do. It’s being angry at injustice, but being told to shut up and forget about the past, like it has nothing to do with the present.
Delores, that being told "you can't" is a part of the world. I am white plus a female that has been told "you can't" my entire life by some ass out there that is clueless, resentful, jealous or whatever and they even tried to give me the "you can't"s and I was already doing what ever it was that was in my heart to try to accomplish. If I believed "you can't" for every time I heard it I would have lived a very boring miserable existence. I would have never been able to have my own business at twenty-five as a single mother with two children. I would not have tried to paint and that would have cost me not only financially but also the pleasure of being able to do it. I was producing spec material in my mine operation when a state employee attempted to tell me "you can't do it that away" but I was already and it met the specifications to a tee. I would not accept "you can't" from any human when I believe I can, as the Word tells me with God all things are possible.
When my husband was told those things he was a young child, and it made a pretty big impression on him at the time. I agree, as adults we have often developed more self-esteem to fight against negativity. Lack of self-esteem is often a problem among young black men.

Black people have this perpetual "victim" mentality with a chip on their shoulder about everything. It's the blame whitey syndrome they can't seem to overcome no matter how successful they become.

And the white women who marry them are just about as bad. I know one who's mixed son has been in and out of prison 2 or 3 times. Does she blame him for his criminal behavior? Nope, it's the racist cops who keep arresting little Tyrone for home invasion, felony gun possession, and selling drugs. And sending him to the white man's prison for no reason except his skin color. ..... :cuckoo:
The sad thing is that no matter how successful they become, too many white folks still stereotype them, label them, call them n*****, spray it on their mansions, and try to bring them down once they have "arrived." Too many white people actually make them victims of their racists attitudes and words.

Regarding the woman you mentioned, the exact same crimes, committed by a white kid, may not result in prison time - remember the kid who killed people with his car while he was drunk - they claimed he had "affluenza" and couldn't be held responsible. When black people or even mixed race kids get arrested, they are never given the benefit of the "reasonable doubt," they are assumed guilty, not innocent.

Who has wallowed in pity and given up? .That's the lie you idiot whites tell yourselves.

So having riots helps how, having young people give me angry looks and making threats helps how, and hate begets more hate. I don't particularly care for all the bullshit either but you ain't got it any worse than millions of whites, mexicans and all the others out here who are not making a decent living or can't get a job for whatever reason of the day is. It doesn't appear by your posts that you are thankful for what you have and the opportunities that you have already been afforded. You are barking up the wrong tree. It is not my fault that your degree won't buy you a job or that you are angry about it. There will always be hateful people in this world, you will have to decide if that is what you want to be and dedicate your time to it. In the meantime someone else will be out in the street and pounding the pavement looking for work, if one thing doesn't work they will try something else and many of them have degree's to but they are not married to their degree's as it appears you are. I had several people that worked for me that had degrees (One was actually a college professor. He was one of the best employees I ever had) and I don't even have that paper that says I graduated.

You're wrong.

The hate was started by whites lady. We don't have amnesia and won't get it because you want us to. You get angry looks because of what whites have done. Stop pretending that whites don't have a 240 year track record of continuing racism and I guess we are just supposed to know which white person is or is not a racist.

I don't have to be thankful for the things you tell me to be thankful for. Racism needs to end. Until that happens I don't have to be thankful.

My degree did get me a job. .Had I been white with 12 years of experience at the time and a masters degree I would have got the job the white person who had no experience and just graduated from college got although it was written that you needed at least 5 years experience and education.
I don't need your lecture. Things just are not as you say.

You see lady, you belong to the demographic that has benefitted the most from Affirmative Action. I've built a business lady. I helped build 2 others after that. I built that business after I was rejected for jobs to show those people they fucked up. I helped build an award winning organization. So spare me your assumption filled bullshit responses and understand that things just are not as you say for people of color. You are not a person of color so what the hell gives you the belief that you can tell us that the things we say are not so? And when you can ask your fellow whites how having riots helps how then maybe what you say will have credibility.

You and the other whites here make a lot of assumptions you should not be making. No one is wallowing in self pity, no one is holding pity parties because they mention how whites continue to be racists. No one is saying that to cover for their fucking mistakes, they say it because whites are still practicing racism. Look in this forum at the things you and the other whites say. You tell me abut making enemies but that's all you and the others have done with me. You guys made me the way I am with your obtuse and asinine assumptions along with your racist bullshit.
We need to be able to say to someone,"the reality you speak of is NOT what my family and I experience." Then we need to admit that assumptions are a big part of the overall problem. We seem to easily make assumptions about folks we do not know. And yet we don't listen to them when they speak, so we can learn what they are really about. If we genuinely listen, without judgment, we would be surprised. Anyone know this poem?

When You Know A Fellow
Edgar A. Guest
When you get to know a fellow, know his joys and know his cares,
When you've come to understand him and the burdens that he bears,
When you've learned the fight he's making and the troubles in his way,
Then you find that he is different than you thought him yesterday.
You find his faults are trivial and there's not so much to blame
In the brother that you jeered at when you only knew his name.

You are quick to see the blemish in the distant neighbor's style,
You can point to all his errors and may sneer at him the while,
And your prejudices fatten and your hates more violent grow
As you talk about the failures of the man you do not know,
But when drawn a little closer, and your hands and shoulders touch,
You find the traits you hated really don't amount to much.

When you get to know a fellow, know his every mood and whim,
You begin to find the texture of the splendid side of him;
You begin to understand him, and you cease to scoff and sneer,
For with understanding always prejudices disappear.
You begin to find his virtues and his faults you cease to tell,
For you seldom hate a fellow when you know him very well.

When next you start in sneering and your phrases turn to blame,
Know more of him you censure than his business and his name;
For it's likely that acquaintance would your prejudice dispel
And you'd really come to like him if you knew him very well.
When you get to know a fellow and you understand his ways,
Then his faults won't really matter, for you'll find a lot to praise.

This thread is in response to several questions I’ve been asked recently. It has been suggested that since I am a white person, I cannot know what black people experience in this country.

In 1971 I moved from Lancaster County, PA into North Philadelphia to work at a Christian Youth Organization. I was one of a hand full of whites there. Then in 1980, I married a black man and we have lived together in black neighborhoods ever since. He told me from the very beginning “You stay white, and I’ll stay black,” and that’s what we have done. I feel as though I have been given insights into what black people experience. And since most white people don’t get those insights, I’ve been trying to share what I have learned. While I site other authors and sometimes refer to statistics or something I’ve read, my convictions have come from my experiences alone. And while you can argue with someone’s viewpoint and perceptions, you cannot argue with their experiences. It is what makes them who they are.

Folks have mentioned the Black Experience. My husband has told me many times over the years that the Black Experience in America is that you cannot be yourself. It’s being told by a white catholic brother that you can’t play the trumpet because your lips are too big (he suggests the tuba instead.) It’s being told by the white piano teacher that you can’t play the piano because your fingers are too small. It’s being followed around the store by the salespeople, picking up their negative, suspicious vibe before you even see them. It’s walking down the street with a smile on your face and watching the first white lady you come across tighten the grip on her handbag. It’s standing on the corner when a white person pulls up to the stop sign, sees you and quickly locks all of the doors. It’s seeing black people on the news night after night, in handcuffs, being taken away as criminals. It’s wanting to speak up at work when you see unequal treatment, but knowing you may lose your job if you do. It’s being angry at injustice, but being told to shut up and forget about the past, like it has nothing to do with the present.
Delores, that being told "you can't" is a part of the world. I am white plus a female that has been told "you can't" my entire life by some ass out there that is clueless, resentful, jealous or whatever and they even tried to give me the "you can't"s and I was already doing what ever it was that was in my heart to try to accomplish. If I believed "you can't" for every time I heard it I would have lived a very boring miserable existence. I would have never been able to have my own business at twenty-five as a single mother with two children. I would not have tried to paint and that would have cost me not only financially but also the pleasure of being able to do it. I was producing spec material in my mine operation when a state employee attempted to tell me "you can't do it that away" but I was already and it met the specifications to a tee. I would not accept "you can't" from any human when I believe I can, as the Word tells me with God all things are possible.

It's not that simple lady and you know it. And its certainly not about accepting what somebody tells you that you can't do. And before you start off assuming, I am a black man with a masters degree who was told I can't do that by whites because I did not have the intelligence. I helped build a business too even though whites told us hat we were too stupid to know' business. Bu still I have bene stopped at least 10o times by police in the 40 years I have been driving while not breaking laws, denied promotions because f my color. Denied jobs when I was the candidate with the most experience and education. I was even interviewed for a job and presented ideas to the board they thought were great and never thought of and still did not get the job while some white kid with less experience did as I read the article in the paper..So it's not that simple and we need to be a bit more truthful in these kinds of conversations.

Never forget....we're all silently laughing at you.

It's not that simple lady and you know it. And its certainly not about accepting what somebody tells you that you can't do. And before you start off assuming, I am a black man with a masters degree who was told I can't do that by whites because I did not have the intelligence. I helped build a business too even though whites told us hat we were too stupid to know' business. Bu still I have bene stopped at least 10o times by police in the 40 years I have been driving while not breaking laws, denied promotions because f my color. Denied jobs when I was the candidate with the most experience and education. I was even interviewed for a job and presented ideas to the board they thought were great and never thought of and still did not get the job while some white kid with less experience did as I read the article in the paper..So it's not that simple and we need to be a bit more truthful in these kinds of conversations.

Why are you laughing him,, everyone needs to be taken serious. I take him serious just as the white kid who grew up in harlem and was discriminated. Eminem for example said he had a hard time to make it in the rap business because he is white, I dont laugh at him either.

Who has wallowed in pity and given up? .That's the lie you idiot whites tell yourselves.

I hate it that blacks give the left a reason to bitch about gun violence and they use it to try and curtail my 2nd amendment rights.
Straighten up you fuck heads!

Why are you laughing him,, everyone needs to be taken serious. I take him serious just as the white kid who grew up in harlem and was discriminated. Eminem for example said he had a hard time to make it in the rap business because he is white, I dont laugh at him either.

I see I am being to subtle......
I'm just perpetuating what goes on in his mind.
Call it positive re enforcement.. :lol:

And if you were honest,you understand that if we are blaming :whitey" it's because it's "whiteys" fault.
Yea, I get it now.

Your a total loser because of whitey. ..... :cuckoo:

I'm a highly successful retired man who did so at age 54. I won despite whites trying to stop me. You're a white loser who has listened to far too much Rush Limbaugh.

I retired at 46....
Thank God for white privilege.

The hate was started by whites lady

Was it this white lady?

maxresdefault.jpg

She warned us about the super predators.

.Had I been white with 12 years of experience at the time and a masters degree I would have got the job the white person who had no experience and just graduated from college got
You didn't get the job because the HR person doing the interview noticed the gigantic racist chip on your shoulder. .... :cool: ... :lol:

All they saw was a future racism lawsuit.....

Your wrong, people are just tired of being called racist just because of the color of their skin, a racist attitude. That and listening to people blame every problem they've ever had on someone else's skin color. We hear racism claimed so often when it's obviously not true that any claim now is met with complete skepticism, and rightfully so.

People are being called racist because of their racist behavior and beliefs....

Yes, you are.

The only problem with your comments is that I am not a racist and have said nothing racist.
Looking in a mirror will be as difficult as swallowing that hypocrisy pill of yours.

I have no problem looking In the mirror or sleeping at night. I have said nothing racist.

Gotta love a forty and a blunt before bed.....

Forum List

Back