You REALLY think there's a god?

The questions raised on this thread about God are critical to understand the answers to in order to have a continuing faith in God. The following questions have been posed in this life which give non-believers a lack of faith in God.

1. If God is all powerful, all knowing, and an all loving God, then why is there evil in the world?

2. if God is all powerful, all knowing, and an all loving God, then why didn't he simply create us to be perfect like himself and not have us go through this wicked world?

As you come to know God you will find that there are very good answers to the above questions that we should all come to know and understand. So what say ye? What answers do we have to these critical questions that give us comfort in knowing that God is over all and is an all loving, all knowing, and all powerful God?

1. If God is all powerful, all knowing, and an all loving God, then why is there evil in the world?
So good can come from it.
2. if God is all powerful, all knowing, and an all loving God, then why didn't he simply create us to be perfect like himself and not have us go through this wicked world?
So that we could have knowledge of good and evil.

So good can come from it.

So that we could have knowledge of good and evil.
Those answers lead to the next question:

If God is all powerful, all knowing, and all loving, then why didn't he simply create us to be like himself and already have a perfect knowledge of good and evil without having to go through this life of experiencing evil?

Those answers lead to the next question:

If God is all powerful, all knowing, and all loving, then why didn't he simply create us to be like himself and already have a perfect knowledge of good and evil without having to go through this life of experiencing evil?
With infinite power God could always create something better. But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection. In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature. With physical good there exists also physical evil as long as creation has not reached perfection.

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.

With infinite power God could always create something better. But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection. In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature. With physical good there exists also physical evil as long as creation has not reached perfection.

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.
OK, let me try to understand what you are saying. You said, "With infinite power God could always create something better." Does this mean that God could never create an absolutely perfect world where it has no superior world? You then said, "But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world 'in a state of journeying' towards its ultimate perfection." Does this mean that there is an ultimate perfection of which there is no greater? Finally you said, "For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself." Not sure what your point is from this sentence. If God is all powerful, surely he would have the power to create a kingdom without evil. Also if God is all powerful would he not have the power to create beings that are exactly like himself, having all power, all knowledge and all loving beings? Sorry for not understanding your point. Finally, what does it mean to be all powerful to you?

All powerful to me does not mean that God is able to do absolutely anything imaginable. In other words, I believe that there are things that are infinitely impossible even for God to do. For example, I do not believe that God can exist and simultaneously not exist. I do not believe that God can create from nothing that which is self existing. So I believe that God can do all things that are possible. God is all powerful in that he can do all things that are possible but he cannot do that which is infinitely impossible to do. I believe there are things that are infinitely impossible to do. I do not believe that God can be a absolutely perfectly good being and simultaneously be an absolutely perfectly wicked and evil being.

The questions raised on this thread about God are critical to understand the answers to in order to have a continuing faith in God. The following questions have been posed in this life which give non-believers a lack of faith in God.

As you come to know God you will find that there are very good answers to the above questions that we should all come to know and understand. So what say ye? What answers do we have to these critical questions that give us comfort in knowing that God is over all and is an all loving, all knowing, and all powerful God?
Upon returning from a church mission I entered college and took a philosophy of religion course where I was first confronted with the second question above. By the end of the course I still did not have an answer to the question and it bothered me for several months. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I studied not only the Bible but also the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price and many other speeches by leaders of my church. After about 6 to 9 months of study I came up with what I believe is the answer to the second question. I was then able to surmise the answer to the first question from what I learned from the answer to the second question. From an LDS perspective, these are the verses that gave me my answers:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:33

33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

From this verse I learned that the elements in the universe are eternal and have no beginning and no end.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:29

29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

From this verse I learned that there is a part of mankind that is self-existing and was never created or made and neither indeed can be.

Abraham 3:18

18 Howbeit that he made the greater star; as, also, if there be two spirits, and one shall be more intelligent than the other, yet these two spirits, notwithstanding one is more intelligent than the other, have no beginning; they existed before, they shall have no end, they shall exist after, for they are gnolaum, or eternal.

This verse also speaks of the self-existing nature of man.

Psalm 82:6

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

This verse tell me that we are the literal children of God and this is why we are called gods.

Hebrews 12:9

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

This verse teaches me that God the Father is the literal father of our spirits.

Acts 17:28-29

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

This verse teaches me that we are the literal offspring of God and that he is the Father of our spirits.

Job 38:4-7

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

This verse teaches me that all the children of God existed before the foundation of the earth and shouted for joy when the foundations of the earth were laid.

Revelation 12:7-11​

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

This verse teaches me that those who fought in the war in heaven eventually had to overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and were subject unto death. As far as I know, we are those who need the blood of Lamb to gain forgiveness of sins in this world and are subject unto death. Thus we are those who fought in the great war in heaven.

So to me the answer to the question: " if God is all powerful, all knowing, and an all loving God, then why didn't he simply create us to be perfect like himself and not have us go through this wicked world?" is that because a part of mankind known as their intelligence is self-existing and eternal in nature, God could not create that which is self existing. Thus he could not create us perfect since our self-existing self was not created or made and neither indeed can be. This self-existing nature of mankind made it so God could not create us to be perfect but could only create us by giving us spiritual bodies and then physical bodies. Since he couldn't create our intelligence we could only exist in whatever state of intelligence we were in at the time we became his pre-mortal children before the foundation of the earth. Later when Adam and Eve were created on this earth, their pre-mortal spirits entered into their bodies that were made from the dust of the earth and from Adam's rib. It thus became necessary for mankind as spirit children of God and later with physical bodies to progress in knowledge and truth by learning how to become God like beings.

It was important for the children of God to learn to choose good over evil and to experience good and evil so that they could learn and know of themselves what good and evil were. The preexistence and this mortal probation then became a learning ground for mankind and it became essential for us to have free will to choose in and of ourselves good over evil. God knew that we could only truly become good beings by learning to love and want to do good in and of ourselves and be coerced to do good. After experiencing becoming a spirit child of God in the premortal existence, there came a time to come to this earth and experience many more things. We were to experience a fallen state where we eventually die and sin and experience pain, suffering, joy, love and many other experiences on this earth. All this so that we could progress in knowledge and truth. However, after experiencing a fallen state, it became necessary for there to be a way to overcome the justice of sinful creatures out of heaven. That way became the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Jesus being a perfect and sinless being, a lamb without blemish, never deserved the pain, suffering and death he suffered. As a sinless being and having divine attributes of God, Jesus was a being who could take on the sins of all mankind without dying and suffer much more than the rest of us mortal beings could ever suffer. Yet he deserved none of it due to his sinless state of being, ie a lamb without blemish. So after his death, the justice of God demanded that Jesus be recompensed for the suffering and death that he bore. His recompense was that he was given the right to forgive sin for anyone who would repent and change his/her life for the good.

God could not simply create us as perfect beings because God could not create a self-existing intelligence that has always existed. He could however create us with a spiritual body and then a physical body that He eventually would resurrect into a immortal body of flesh and bones. Thus it became necessary to gives us also a means to progress to a higher state of being since he could not make us to know good and evil as He does due to our self-existing nature of our intelligence.

Finally if God is all powerful, all knowing, and an all loving God, then why is there evil in the world?
In order for us to progress and become good beings, free was essential for that progression. We needed to learn to choose in and of ourselves to become good beings. Nobody makes God choose goodness. He chooses it of his own free will and choice. For us to progress to be more like God, we too need to choose goodness in and of ourselves to be a truly good being. For this reason God has given us the free will to choose in and of ourselves to be good beings. He has created this temporary state of mortal existence so that we could experience good and evil and learn to choose the good, in and of ourselves, over the evil. He made this state of existence for our learning and progression and purposely made it temporary so that it would come to an end eventually. Free will allows all of us to do whatever we please. Thus we have the choice to do evil as well as good. God knowing that there would be those who would do evil and thus allow us to experience it as well as those who would do good and experience that made it so that we would get a well rounded education in the temporary state. God provided us a means to find forgiveness of our wrong doings if we would repent and change our behavior to become one who would choose good and not evil.

So in a nutshell, that is my belief and faith that gives me good reason to know the answers to why God allows bad things to happen in this temporary state but eventually allows us to repent and find salvation in his Only Begotten Son.

Does this mean that God could never create an absolutely perfect world where it has no superior world?
It means that God could have created anything but this was the superior creation.
Does this mean that there is an ultimate perfection of which there is no greater?
It means this is the superior creation to all others unless of course you believe God made a mistake or is not good.
"For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself." Not sure what your point is from this sentence. If God is all powerful, surely he would have the power to create a kingdom without evil.
The point of this is to show how this is a superior creation. That good arises from evil.
Also if God is all powerful would he not have the power to create beings that are exactly like himself, having all power, all knowledge and all loving beings? Sorry for not understanding your point. Finally, what does it mean to be all powerful to you?
God could have created anything but this is the superior creation. Unless of course you don't believe that God is infinite wisdom and infinite goodness. In that case you are arguing that God is either not wise and made a mistake or God is not good and is not caring. Is that what you are arguing? Because if you do believe that God is infinite wisdom and infinite goodness then the logical conclusion is that this is the superior creation to all others. Working from that assumption the best explanation is that with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection. In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature. With physical good there exists also physical evil as long as creation has not reached perfection. Which means that because God is supremely good and all-powerful his creation is such that good emerges from evil.

29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

From this verse I learned that there is a part of mankind that is self-existing and was never created or made and neither indeed can be.
Man is God's creature. Hence man was created.

What twisted, diseased, fuktarded, perverted, sick sack of shit god would allow this?

Just MORE proof there is no god.
Yes, there is a God and you aren't him.

Bad stuff happens. It comes from the infectious disease called sin. You are leaving your own legacy of it adding to the infection and making things worse with your unique variant strain.

God can and will eventually heal...but not before it's too late for you if you don't repent.

what does it mean to be all powerful to you?
I think MLK said it best....

"...We are never to think of God's power in terms of what he could conceivably do by the exercise of what we may call sheer omnipotence which crushes all obstacles in its path. We are always to think of God's power in terms of his purpose. If what he did by sheer omnipotence defeated his purpose, then, however startling and impressive, it would be an expression of weakness, not of power. Indeed, a good definition of power is "ability to achieve purpose. This applies to the power of a gun, or a drug, or an argument, or even a sermon! Does it achieve its end? Does it fulfill its purpose?

We must realize that God's power is not put forward to get certain things done, but to get them done in a certain way, and with certain results in the lives of those who do them. We can see this clearly in human illustrations. My purpose in doing a crossword puzzle is not to fill in certain words. I could fill them in easily by waiting for tomorrow morning's paper. Filling them in without the answers is harder but much more satisfying, for it calls out resourcefulness, ingenuity, and discipline which by the easier way would find no self expression."

What twisted, diseased, fuktarded, perverted, sick sack of shit god would allow this?

Just MORE proof there is no god.
What makes you think YOUR version of what is best really is best? You have no idea what the grand plan is. Out of sixteen septillion stars out there, mankind isn't even capable of traveling to the nearest planet. We have the tiniest fraction of all the knowledge that exists. So WHAT makes you think you are capable of determining what God should or shouldn't do?

There is a teaching that has taken root in Christianity that many believe but I do not believe it. That teaching is Exnihilo Creation. Exnihilo Creation means to create something from absolutely nothing. I believe that teaching to be an eternal impossibility even for God himself. I believe that when God creates, he creates from things already in existence. We do not have a complete understanding of all the things that exist in the universe but I believe that the elements that make up things have an eternal existence and have always existed. Thus when it says that God created the heavens and the earth, I do not believe he created it from nothing but that he used materials already existing to accomplish this. For a good discussion on the problems of Exnihilo Creation watch the following videos:

The Problem with Exnihilo Creation video series

I believe that there are different levels of matter, i.e. spirit matter and physical matter. I also believe that the intelligences of the universe have always existed and are self-existing the same as the elements. I believe that intelligence and matter can be combined or joined together which gives more joy to a self aware intelligence. In the eternities, intelligence can be combined with spirit matter and then later combined with physical matter. When God commands the elements, such as when Moses parted the Red Sea, when others moved mountains, or when Jesus changed water into wine, etc, etc. , the intelligences that are combined with that matter obey God's voice or the voice of those whom God has given this power and you see those elements rearrange themselves into whatever God or his servants has commanded them to do or be. So when Jesus commanded the water to be wine, the intelligences that are combined with the water obey God and form themselves into wine. There is a certain degree of intelligence associated with all matter. So when God commands, the elements obey.

Last edited:
I believe that there are different levels of matter, i.e. spirit matter and physical matter.

physiology is itself a metaphysical substance not native to planet Earth and requires a spiritual content for its coordination and disappears, dissipates when its spiritual content is removed ... what happens to the spiritual content and how it associates with its physiological partner is yet to be discovered and possibly the evidence provided through evolution will solve the many riddles yet to be discovered.

Forum List

Back