You REALLY think there's a god?

Just because we don't always understand everything that happens in this life doesn't mean that there isn't a God.
Religion for all intents and purposes is just an excuse for having to die.....People have for thousands of years believed in one god or the other right or wrong they believed in their god....Right or wrong weather you believe there is a Sky Daddy or not no one here can prove there is not......Just like those who do believe cannot prove there is....I think it was Ben Franklin who said quote "I looked around for God's graces and saw none" unquote....A god in in the eyes of the beholder but either way no one has ever came back from the dead to say there is one.

John 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

To know who and what God is and his great plan of salvation for mankind will give you comfort and assurance of our temporal existence in this mortal life and give you greater understanding of why we are here and for what purpose.

Why did he ask his son to die a horrific death on a cross. His own son?

God never asked anyone to die on a cross. There is no God.
Wake up to yourself.
The idiot was crucified because he wouldn't stop criticising the government and spreading religious bullshit. He deserved it.

Religion for all intents and purposes is just an excuse for having to die.....People have for thousands of years believed in one god or the other right or wrong they believed in their god....Right or wrong weather you believe there is a Sky Daddy or not no one here can prove there is not......Just like those who do believe cannot prove there is....I think it was Ben Franklin who said quote "I looked around for God's graces and saw none" unquote....A god in in the eyes of the beholder but either way no one has ever came back from the dead to say there is one.
That's a hard eye you have there.

Which is probably why he already put himself on trial. ;)

Yeah, but I'm not sure why you found my comment funny,.. I was being one hundred percent serious. God is constantly being misunderstood. Whenever something bad happens people tend to point the finger at Him straight away even though it really isn't His fault.

Yeah, but I'm not sure why you found my comment funny,.. I was being one hundred percent serious. God is constantly being misunderstood. Whenever something bad happens people tend to point the finger at Him straight away even though it really isn't His fault.
I thought you were making a joke like I was. One sign of a good joke is that it contains an element of truth.

I thought you were making a joke like I was. One sign of a good joke is that it contains an element of truth.

True good point, but yeah usually I am making jokes but it wasn't really what I was going for this time,.. but I guess it can be sort of taken that way too. :)

I believe God is. We are here to learn, and yes, tests are included. We are also here to have fun. Religion is a set of beliefs. It appears your religion, your set of beliefs, is that we are here to be tested to the extreme. Tested to the extreme comes in different forms. If you are a diamond, I imagine you will take some hard hits. On the other hand, if I am a piece of lace, my extreme can't even be compared to the diamond extreme.
I believe our Souls are supposed to have learned BEFORE they got here. That’s why individuals of every age, race, social class, etc… are expected to make the RIGHT decision rather than the easy/fun every time rather than just most of the time.

I believe our Souls are supposed to have learned BEFORE they got here. That’s why individuals of every age, race, social class, etc… are expected to make the RIGHT decision rather than the easy/fun every time rather than just most of the time.
Some speak of "Old Souls". Could it be the Old Souls who are making right decisions instead of the easy/fun ones?

Some speak of "Old Souls". Could it be the Old Souls who are making right decisions instead of the easy/fun ones?
To a certain degree, yes. See, it is my belief that at the moment of death the Soul is judged on its record during life. Passing grades move on to some higher/better place. Irredeemable Souls are sent to some form of Eternal Damnation. The ones in the middle get re-educated and sent back here to try again until they successor are found irredeemable

Nature is god. Its all power. Has always been, will always be. Created all that has ever been and will ever be

I believe in God because he lives in my head, constantly telling me he doesn't like what I'm doing and constantly telling me I'm not doing enough.

Forum List

Back