YOU LIE! Marjorie Taylor Greene Calls Out Biden At SOTU For Claiming GOP Wants To ‘Sunset’ Social Security And Medicare

She pulled a Joe Wilson like when he shouted out to Obama (usurper) "You Lie!" during his SOTU. The current usurper gladly deserved to be called a liar for saying Republicans want to sunset social security and medicare.

Marjorie-Taylor-Greene-SOTU.jpg

I love her. What a pistol. MTG for VP! :D

oh a spy drone that we can see with our eyes isn’t close enough to actually spy?
Sure it is. Just what do you think it got that wasn't already being gotten? This wasn't a Chinese spy productivity, effectiveness or even technology advancement event. It was a Chinese spy show the flag, to piss off Americans. It was successful at that, but that is probably about it.

Then you’re old enough to know better, and stop making excuses for Biden allowing the Communists to traverse our entire country with a spy balloon instead of shooting it down before it even reached Alaska.
I am in agreement, it should have been shot down over the Aleutian Islands or Wester uninhabited Alaska, but that is hindsight. I would be highly interested to know when it was discovered by the military and even commercial air traffic control radars. I doubt balloons have much reflectivity, but carrying an apparently metal cylindrical payload the size of a regional commercial jet fuselage definitely would or should have. It ain't rocket science. I would also be interested how the report traveled upstream. Judging by the path, I would also be interested in how it passed for a day or two over Canada without public report. Was it in the upper jet stream, too high for visual ground observation and then dropping down after passing US/Canadian border?
I make no excuses for Biden or the military in this situation, nor do I tend to get too excited over it, as I have a decent or better understanding of modern reconnaissance. It was a news event, staged by the Chinese, better for propaganda value than new intel collection, is all I am saying.

Last edited:
Thank you for agreeing that major changes must be made to SS and Medicare. It's a mess!

And those who retire under the Galveston model do much better than Social Security. For example:
  • A lower-middle income worker making about $26,000 at retirement would get about $1,007 a month under Social Security, but $1,826 under the Alternate Plan, according to First Financial’s calculations.
  • A middle-income worker making $51,200 would get about $1,540 monthly from Social Security, but $3,600 from the banking model.
  • And a high-income worker who maxed out on his Social Security contribution every year would receive about $2,500 a month from Social Security vs. $5,000 to $6,000 a month from the Alternate Plan.
As I told you earlier. Its only the COUNTY workers that can opt out of Social Security, NOT EVERYONE. From your link:
"Galveston, Matagorda and Brazoria County employees,"

If everyone opted into the "Alternate Plan" who would pay for the current SS retirees?
IMHO all government workers should pay into SS. If they want the "Alternate Plan" with their 401K contributions, fine.

I am in agreement, it should have been shot down over the Aleutian Islands or Wester uninhabited Alaska, but that is hindsight. I would be highly interested to know when it was discovered by the military and even commercial air traffic control radars. I doubt balloons have much reflectivity, but carrying an apparently metal cylindrical payload the size of a regional commercial jet fuselage definitely would or should have. It ain't rocket science. I would also be interested how the report traveled upstream. Judging by the path, I would also be interested in how it passed for a day or two over Canada without public report. Was it in the upper jet stream, too high for visual ground observation and then dropping down after passing US/Canadian border?
I make no excuses for Biden or the military in this situation, nor do I tend to get too excited over it, as I have a decent or better understanding of modern reconnaissance. It was a news even, staged by the Chinese, better for propaganda value than new intel collection, is all I am saying.
I'm thinking that the recovery might have been too difficult on land: it came in thru Alaska, went through Canada and reentered at Idaho and proceeded across Montana before finally going over inhabited areas -- maybe their best bet for recovery was over water. It's implausible to me that they really worried about it hitting people in such relatively empty Western states, so I don't believe that claim. I do believe our military wanted to take a look at it.

I agree that it's not very important. Probably wasn't a weather balloon, either!

As I told you earlier. Its only the COUNTY workers that can opt out of Social Security, NOT EVERYONE. From your link:
"Galveston, Matagorda and Brazoria County employees,"

If everyone opted into the "Alternate Plan" who would pay for the current SS retirees?
IMHO all government workers should pay into SS. If they want the "Alternate Plan" with their 401K contributions, fine.
The loophole that allowed anyone to opt out was closed decades ago.

It says AVERAGE!
So what sets me apart? Certainly not income or wealth level. Possibly age, stage of life, preparation , stability, asset management for goals and location. I simply do not think I am that much smarter than most Americans, that the average American saw $7,500 in increase expenditure (unadjusted or compensated) during the last year or two. Maybe it's just my time to have it figured out, this time. If it makes you feel any better, I lost my ass during the Son-Of-A-Bush crash and had to work another 11 years ot put it back together and retire bulletproof, after loosing 35-40% of retirement investments, and a plant closure that cut off income and investment. So, you fked up this time and I didn't. It obviously happens. Some people learn from mistakes. Others (who haven't been through 2 or 3 of these) possibly don't. Some people like to bleed for others, whether they know any of the injured or not. I don't know where you fit in or even if you do.

I'm thinking that the recovery might have been too difficult on land: it came in thru Alaska, went through Canada and reentered at Idaho and proceeded across Montana before finally going over inhabited areas -- maybe their best bet for recovery was over water. It's implausible to me that they really worried about it hitting people in such relatively empty Western states, so I don't believe that claim. I do believe our military wanted to take a look at it.

I agree that it's not very important. Probably wasn't a weather balloon, either!
I don't buy that either. I figure somebody made the calculation of it's real potential for intel benefit to the Chinese and our country and sold it upstream. How far upstream it went, I don't know. To the top? I doubt it. But it sure would be interesting in time to come to know the report path and decision-making, though I doubt it will come out for years, even with FOA inquiries.

So what sets me apart? Certainly not income or wealth level. Possibly age, stage of life, preparation , stability, asset management for goals and location. I simply do not think I am that much smarter than most Americans, that the average American saw $7,500 in increase expenditure (unadjusted or compensated) during the last year or two. Maybe it's just my time to have it figured out, this time. If it makes you feel any better, I lost my ass during the Son-Of-A-Bush crash and had to work another 11 years ot put it back together and retire bulletproof, after loosing 35-40% of retirement investments, and a plant closure that cut off income and investment. So, you fked up this time and I didn't. It obviously happens. Some people learn from mistakes. Others (who haven't been through 2 or 3 of these) possibly don't. Some people like to bleed for others, whether they know any of the injured or not. I don't know where you fit in or even if you do.
I believe it‘s $7500 per family. When you consider that the average HHI is around $60,000, that’s quite a hit.

I myself am spending an additional $200 per month on food and around $50 more on gas. Add in all the miscellaneous increases for household supplies, and my costs are around $300 more per month, or $3600 a year, or $4,000 per year when you consider taxes. That’s for a single person. It’s quite reasonable to expect that a HH made up of a couple and a kid would be at least double that.

I believe it‘s $7500 per family. When you consider that the average HHI is around $60,000, that’s quite a hit.

I myself am spending an additional $200 per month on food and around $50 more on gas. Add in all the miscellaneous increases for household supplies, and my costs are around $300 more per month, or $3600 a year, or $4,000 per year when you consider taxes. That’s for a single person. It’s quite reasonable to expect that a HH made up of a couple and a kid would be at least double that.
Good explanation, but still comes down to the same percentage as inflation, but does not take into account growth in employment or wage advances seen. I simply do not see people struggling around me as you do around you. I hope you get back on your feet after your losses. I sincerely do.

It says AVERAGE. Do you need a definition?

As for the rest of your diatribe...
Framed-S.jpg

It says AVERAGE. Do you need a definition?

As for the rest of your diatribe...
Framed-S.jpg
Average is a pretty nebulous term in these kinds of reports. I do hope you will be on your feet again soon with your losses, not being totally unsympathetic.

Average is a pretty nebulous term in these kinds of reports. I do hope you will be on your feet again soon with your losses, not being totally unsympathetic.
Nothing nebulous about it. Actually, it is quite specific, as is the term median.

Average = Sum of Values/Number of Values

Must I explain that to you?

This didn't cost you a dime more over the past two years. Is that what you're telling us? Are you totally unsympathetic to folks on a fixed income or those in the low and middle-income brackets? Pretty heartless.

2022%2012%2012%20Foodl%20Inflation%20too-X3.jpg

She pulled a Joe Wilson like when he shouted out to Obama (usurper) "You Lie!" during his SOTU. The current usurper gladly deserved to be called a liar for saying Republicans want to sunset social security and medicare.

Marjorie-Taylor-Greene-SOTU.jpg

Of course the MAGAs want to cut SS and medicare. There are too many videos of MAGA politicians claiming that is their ultimate goal to pretend they don't want to do that. She's just a crazy soon-to-be ex-wife, and all women act like that when their husbands dump them. Angry, obnoxious, and crazy.

Forum List

Back